Israel and Iran

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

BLATANTLY INCORRECT. My ideal peace deal would look something like this:

1. Immediate release of all hostages from October 7.

2. Immediate and permanent ceasefire.

3. Partial release of hostages whom IDF is holding.

4. Full and immediate allowance of international humanitarian aid inside Gaza.

5. Complete withdrawal of IDF from the Gaza strip.

6. Some type of international reconstruction agreement, in the spirit of the 1948 Marshall Plan.

7. Agreement to, and outline of, a one-state or two-state or contiguous two-state (including Negev Desert) or three-state (Gaza and West Bank as separate countries) solution.

Note condition #1. The only reason why I’d be willing to compromise on #1 as a multi-stage process instead is because I acknowledge that #7 is going to take a bit more time to sort out than a resolution by, say, tomorrow morning. I’m simply choosing to prioritize the urgent famine crisis for hundreds of thousands of Gazan children over the extended hostage conditions of ~50-100 adults.

Several problems I’m seeing with your point of view:

1. Palestinian lives are worth much less to you than Israeli lives, for some reason.

2. You don’t recognize the importance of the aforementioned condition #7 to enduring peace (as both a practical and a moral imperative).

3. You’re apparently oblivious to all the war crimes committed on Israel’s side…such as the Guantanamo Bay-like conditions to which the IDF themselves are subjecting their Gazan detainees (some genuinely guilty of something; some likely not).

A negotiation is fundamentally still a negotiation, regardless of the stakes, with various gives-and-takes (cool accidental rhyme!). Or at least that’s how Hamas likely sees it. I thought we were discussing more along the lines of how the world is and not how we want it to be?

Israel emboldens Hamas when they commit daily war crimes and continue to occupy/steal other people’s land, yet you’re fixated on the impact from a relative handful of powerless American leftists speaking out against genocide?? What a joke. “Powerless,” by the way, is a very apt descriptor because Biden and Congress would have otherwise ignored all the AIPAC bribes months ago and withheld munitions to Israel.

Fantastic!! You did it, Leh-nerd!! You just solved the hopelessly intractable Israel-Palestine crisis!! Yay!!

Netanyahu: “Release all our hostages. Here’s a very detailed outline for a peace deal.”

Sinwar: “No.”

Biden: “Please return their hostages. Here’s a complex, multi-phase peace proposal.”

Sinwar: “Hmmm…nope.”

Leh-nerd’s personal e-mail to Yahya: “Bro, you need to release all the hostages. It’s that simple. Come on now. Here’s a random pic of my hand outline on a napkin, with a ‘Go Bills!’ phrase and a poorly drawn Bills logo in the center.”

Sinwar: “Okay, deal. You had me at ‘bro,’ good sir.”

It’s cause to celebrate. Stop being such a sh!thead.

Helpful life hack: I’m going to the gym right now to put the finishing touches on my flat summer tummy, while listening to Joe Marino’s Locked on Bills podcast, with a delicious VEGAN snack beforehand. Try my habits sometime instead of your 24/7 TBD PPP right-wing brain rot routine.

P.S.: I believe Tibsy is a standard liberal and might be insulted to be lumped in with progressive leftists like myself. But he can speak for himself…he has beautiful long hair, so he’s probably busy picking out the perfect conditioner at Wegmans at this moment.

I think some gym time will do you good.  You may have had your sleep number at 17 when you’re actually a 75…you woke up grumpy.  

It’s pretty cool how you had item #1 on the list in your Lululemon Everywhere Belt bag—I was getting worried you were completely dismissive of the suffering of the hostages—you barely/ never mention that…while picking at me for speaking about the hostages.  

Now that you’ve come around—let’s just reflect on our back and forth here—where fundamentally you agreed with my initial suggestion as outlined in Kay’s bullet point 1 (which is actually Kay’s bullet point 22, subsection A, paragraph 4)  today, which was my bullet point 1 several days ago.  

From there, I’d think there is merit in some of your remaining bullet points.  

As for the fitness/well-being advice you’ve shared, thank you.  I’ll consider it. 

On the other hand, I’m  listening to Billy Joel at the moment, working around the house, and he tells us “It’s all about soul…a power of love and a power of healing”.   I like that. 

Have a nice workout, and kudos to you on your flat summer tummy, or summy as they (maybe) say in Paupa New Guinea. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

OMG I want to give Kay and Leo a group Hug ***HUG***

a very muplike pipsqueak response in this thread is both sincere and heartfelt.

Come Lord Jesus. I really think only deity will ever cure this conflict. Especially now. If we thought bad blood existed before, which it did. By now it is MAGNIFIED

Lord have Mercy

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, muppy said:

Come Lord Jesus. I really think only deity will ever cure this conflict. Especially now. If we thought bad blood existed before, which it did. By now it is MAGNIFIED

Lord have Mercy

You don’t know how right you are!

Just now, 4th&long said:

You don’t know how right you are!

that gives me no solace trust me. If you do not believe in a deity this situation  reads quite hopeless. A miracle of healing? Where is that going to come from?

*shrugs* you know how I feel about that. 

I want to also say there is some skilled wordsmithing going on in the thread here. Great writing. Staunch and intelligent opinions.

I find it hard to argue (which is good) and I appreciate the banter kids. DONT STOP

🙂 

sincerely senorita non blabbermouth in PPP muppy

59 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Crazy hostage rescue!; glad they got them. Wish this whole situation could just end, but so goes the world 

This part of the saga could end, with the release of the remaining hostages as some including CKA has suggested.  In the meantime, it sounds as though the hostages are held where significant casualties are incurred when rescue attempts are launched. That’s horrible. It’s a tragedy that it’s playing out like this. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This part of the saga could end, with the release of the remaining hostages as some including CKA has suggested.  In the meantime, it sounds as though the hostages are held where significant casualties are incurred when rescue attempts are launched. That’s horrible. It’s a tragedy that it’s playing out like this. 

Hamas is pure evil. Israel is a good country that is doing some wrongs, too in taking land in West Bank. I watched part of, "In the Name of the Father" last night, and things were pretty bad in Northern Ireland with terrorism and such, that finally ended. Hopefully a miracle will take place here. But probably not 

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hamas is pure evil. Israel is a good country that is doing some wrongs, too in taking land in West Bank. I watched part of, "In the Name of the Father" last night, and things were pretty bad in Northern Ireland with terrorism and such, that finally ended. Hopefully a miracle will take place here. But probably not 

True, but absolutely nothing like post 1967 - all they’ve done is cede land back to the Palestinians.

The real issue no one talks about - because it could get resolved but Hamas isn’t interested in resolutions - is fresh water access.  That and of course the few extremists left that want control of the Temple Mount.  

Edited by Big Blitz

6 hours ago, muppy said:

Lord have Mercy

Thanks you Mupatisto,  I appreciate the goodwill. 

Though, I must admit CKA calling me a dirty name came out of nowhere.  Here I am just trying to have a discussion and presto-whamo the bad words fly. 

If you see her at the next girl meeting where you talk about French braids, Cindy Crawford moisturizer or other stuff, don’t tell her I’m angry, tell her I’m hurt.  Then tell me what she tells you.   

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Though, I must admit CKA calling me a dirty name came out of nowhere.  Here I am just trying to have a discussion and presto-whamo the bad words fly. 

If you see her at the next girl meeting where you talk about French braids, Cindy Crawford moisturizer or other stuff, don’t tell her I’m angry, tell her I’m hurt.  Then tell me what she tells you.   

You mentioned listening to Billy Joel a few posts back. But I think a more appropriate and applicable song for our discussions and issues of the era would be Shades of Grey. 

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You mentioned listening to Billy Joel a few posts back. But I think a more appropriate and applicable song for our discussions and issues of the era would be Shades of Grey. 

I understand there are 50, maybe less for the timid. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/8/2024 at 1:02 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think some gym time will do you good.  You may have had your sleep number at 17 when you’re actually a 75…you woke up grumpy.  

It’s pretty cool how you had item #1 on the list in your Lululemon Everywhere Belt bag—I was getting worried you were completely dismissive of the suffering of the hostages—you barely/ never mention that…while picking at me for speaking about the hostages.  

Now that you’ve come around—let’s just reflect on our back and forth here—where fundamentally you agreed with my initial suggestion as outlined in Kay’s bullet point 1 (which is actually Kay’s bullet point 22, subsection A, paragraph 4)  today, which was my bullet point 1 several days ago.  

From there, I’d think there is merit in some of your remaining bullet points.  

As for the fitness/well-being advice you’ve shared, thank you.  I’ll consider it. 

On the other hand, I’m  listening to Billy Joel at the moment, working around the house, and he tells us “It’s all about soul…a power of love and a power of healing”.   I like that. 

Have a nice workout, and kudos to you on your flat summer tummy, or summy as they (maybe) say in Paupa New Guinea.

I was a bit “hangry” at the time of that post. Perhaps my combative tone would have been more subdued had I first consumed my pre-workout “No Cow: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup” bar?? Or perhaps not. Part of the Commie Kay experience is simply dealing with the behaviorally volatile nature. To paraphrase a seminal vegan cartoon character, “I yam what I yam, and that’s all that I yam: a SWEET potato! Now let’s have a strong posting finish while I eats me some spinach…”

Didactically speaking, I rarely see the value in criticizing Hamas or in defending the defensible components of the Israeli nationalist perspective here at PPP. This is a very far-right forum (especially if you have BillStime and Tibsy blocked), so that side of the debate is thoroughly presented on just about every related news event imaginable. If this was, say, a 2010’s ISIS internet chat room, then you might think I was some ardent Zionist based on what would be the content focus of my posts. Nevertheless, I HAVE posted advocacy here before for hostage human rights and for Israel’s right to exist in peace, as well as scathing criticisms of Hamas…but you apparently don’t read my posts all that often or all that closely anymore, Leh-nerd. << Kay Adams cry emoji >>

Merit in SOME of my remaining bullet points, you say?? Let’s revisit my most important debate point: #7. Israel’s government leaders now claim, post-10/7, that they can’t entertain giving Palestinians their own sovereign state (or full and equal citizenship, for that matter) because that would be akin to rewarding terrorism. Do you agree with that sentiment? Keep in mind that one could conceivably do two things concurrently: grant a particular subset of humans what should be their inalienable rights as human beings, as well as prosecute terrorists for their acts of terrorism.

My central argument has long been that Israel was a terribly flawed construction since its inception, which has made their generational path to perpetual national insecurity inevitable, and which has set them on a ruinous path of moral damnation, and which can best (or only?) be salvaged with a one-state solution that also provides specifically stated tyranny-of-majority constitutional protections for Jewish people.

Thank you for the well-wishes on my core workouts, Leh-nerd. It’s all about what you can wear after Memorial Day weekend. “Oooh whoa, oh-ah, it’s a cruel summer,” as Taylor Swift tells us. I like that.

On 6/8/2024 at 7:41 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Which dirty name?? Oh…you mean “sh!thead?” Well, Leh-nerd, you did insinuate that I was unhappy to see Israeli hostages freed, as if the nuanced politics of Commie Kay can be reduced to such starkly Machiavellian terms…

I didn’t see Muppy at the most recent TBD PPP Girls meeting, but I was the meeting recorder there (and the only one at the meeting, incidentally). The minutes read as follows:

“1. Leh-nerd S. is a poopyface.

2. Crown braids FTW.

3. L. Skin-erd is a doodoohead.

4. Cucumber-based moisturizers FTW.

5. L.S. smells like fecal matter from the neck up.

6. Next meeting’s snacks: birthday cake-flavored No Cow bars.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hamas is just fine with Palestinians dying. Palestinians support Hamas. The left wants Biden to stop the war. Nothing is logical about any of this mess. What a SNAFU. Applying logic from our western perspective is probably doomed to fail. 

• Shocked 1
  • Angry 1