Israel and Iran

43 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Something else to consider is that in response to an attack, even limited to Iranian nuclear sites with many underground and hard to damage, they could respond by acting to shut down tanker traffic through the Straits of  Hormuz. Sure we would respond with force to keep it open. But about 30% of oil goes through that chockepoint and carriers along with insurers will be cautious about exposing their ships to damage.

That would raise world prices without damaging Iran's facilities and impact supply.

They tried that before and lost half their Navy in eight hours.

They could have lost everything but the Chief of Naval Operations called off the dogs.

Operation Preying Mantis

My old squadron took part in that, though I was gone.

A good friend of mine put a 500# laser guided mark 82 right down the stack of the Iranian frigate Sahand.  

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

They tried that before and lost half their Navy in eight hours.

They could have lost everything but the Chief of Naval Operations called off the dogs.

Operation Preying Mantis

My old squadron took part in that, though I was gone.

A good friend of mine put a 500# laser guided mark 82 right down the stack of the Iranian frigate Sahand.  

I'm speculating they would utilize more recent technology and tactics such as drone swarms and missiles. I'd cite our inability to control Houthi attacks on shipping whether due to our lack of commitment or some other factors as motivation for them to believe they could achieve some degree of success.

12 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm speculating they would utilize more recent technology and tactics such as drone swarms and missiles. I'd cite our inability to control Houthi attacks on shipping whether due to our lack of commitment or some other factors as motivation for them to believe they could achieve some degree of success.

I agree that it would more dangerous with missiles launched from the mainland, but either way they wouldn't survive it.

Regarding Houthi actions, the way the Administration handled it was a bit "Vietnam-esque," with naval hands tied by Washington.

The Eisenhower task force commander expressed a need to be more aggressive in dealing with them, ie., launching offensive strikes instead of just defending against missile attacks and then using relatively small attacks against launch sites.

Those requests were denied.

Would have been a bit different if their reqeusts were approved.

• Agree 1

9d0a06d036df4bd69b3bd2004af1acf4

The US is investigating an unauthorized release of classified documents on Israel’s attack plans

Associated Press News, by Zeke Miller , Mike Balsamo , Eric Tucker & Tara Copp

The United States is investigating an unauthorized release of classified documents that assess Israel’s plans to attack Iran, three U.S. officials told The Associated Press. A fourth U.S. official said the documents appear to be legitimate.

The documents are attributed to the U.S. Geospatial Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency, and note that Israel was still moving military assets in place to conduct a military strike in response to Iran’s blistering ballistic missile attack on Oct. 1.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-iran-us-documents-attack-e7e23d09a2f1fc14498e64b38d74576f?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=share

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

9d0a06d036df4bd69b3bd2004af1acf4

The US is investigating an unauthorized release of classified documents on Israel’s attack plans

Associated Press News, by Zeke Miller , Mike Balsamo , Eric Tucker & Tara Copp

The United States is investigating an unauthorized release of classified documents that assess Israel’s plans to attack Iran, three U.S. officials told The Associated Press. A fourth U.S. official said the documents appear to be legitimate.

The documents are attributed to the U.S. Geospatial Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency, and note that Israel was still moving military assets in place to conduct a military strike in response to Iran’s blistering ballistic missile attack on Oct. 1.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-iran-us-documents-attack-e7e23d09a2f1fc14498e64b38d74576f?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=share

Hey B-Man…I agree with you on most stuff, but I’m starting to turn against this war…

I feel like October 7 has shades of 9/11, in that I think both were allowed to happen so that extra military operations could take place in the Middle East…

I could be wrong, but the Israel response is starting to feel like over kill…And I wouldn’t doubt if our government is just foaming at the mouth to get involved…

George W alluded to this happening with his “axis of evil” speech 20 years ago…Starting to seem like it’s all part of the ultimate plan…

I don’t know- what do you think?

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Hey B-Man…I agree with you on most stuff, but I’m starting to turn against this war…

Well, I certainly wish that the war would end completely, everyone should.

History has shown us that extremists Hamas followers will never give up trying to destroy Israel, but lets be honest, "getting rid" of everyone is never going to happen.

The war lovers around the world, including the U.S., who help support these terrorists groups have to be (somehow) stopped in order for a real peace to be normalized.

That's the best I can do on a gameday morning.  :lol: 🏈

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1