Israel and Iran

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Now we’re talking. Do they even have one of those in Buffalo yet? 

no idea.  we went out for both wings and weck last time.  and it's hard to beat Wegmans.  we go anytime one is nearby.  it's like grocery nirvana esp the pittsford flagship store,  the one in Raleigh is pretty good too.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

15 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

no idea.  we went out for both wings and weck last time.  and it's hard to beat Wegmans.  we go anytime one is nearby.  it's like grocery nirvana esp the pittsford flagship store,  the one in Raleigh is pretty good too.

I’ve got 2 within 11 minutes… it’s our go to for most things especially once the farmers markets wind down in the fall. Once the kids are up and out, we’ll probably get cheap and go to the regular chain for just us. 

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

For f*cks sake...  yes Buffalo has a Whole Foods. 

We have something twice as good as Whole Foods even. It is called the Lexington Coop on Elmwood. 

is anyone on the BUFFALO bills site from Buffalo??!?!

I grew up there but I left because it’s a ***** place to live. 😂 

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve got 2 within 11 minutes… it’s our go to for most things especially once the farmers markets wind down in the fall. Once the kids are up and out, we’ll probably get cheap and go to the regular chain for just us. 

i go to Aldi for some basics, produce and chocolate.  love the cheese counter at Wegman's tho.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Well I’d argue all these checks we write should lead to direct control in all cases… but that seems to be a serious material omission in foreign policy these days .. 

seriously how would you know that?

If you’re referring to Ukraine that money is not going to them without conditions just because you don’t hear about it on the news doesn’t mean that it isn’t happening

Ukraine is trying to move to a democracy and they are asking to be admitted into the United Nations. You seriously think that there’s a does not being held over their head in some kind of way.?

In any event, the major thing here is, we’re not putting boots on the ground outside of our own direct conflict anymore. The move out of Afghanistan was huge. Send all the money you want it’s all monopoly money anyway and we’re not spending it in Afghanistan just don’t put our troops on the ground to get killed in foreign wars

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

then fook off and root for the washington whatevers. Buffalo is awesome. How can you sh*t talk buffalo and root for the bills? super weird

I can like the bills and seeing sunlight between October and may. Buffalo is quaint community with an inferiority complex… as rightly assumed as it may be. 

couldn’t wait to leave and thrived ever since, as have many I know. 

but there is some good there. It’s got a solid genuine Midwestern character. 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

seriously how would you know that?

If you’re referring to Ukraine that money is not going to them without conditions just because you don’t hear about it on the news doesn’t mean that it isn’t happening

You are big on comments like “and you have proof of this” “that’s not evidence” and similar. One such similar comment is the first sentence above. You immediately follow up with the bolded. Wtf??? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

yeah cause Rockville MD is a tropical paradise lol

Other than weather, household value and appreciation, walkability, economy, culture and diversity, per capita income, education, medicine, job market, opportunity for families, airports, nationally relevant market for all industries, access to major metropolitan area… it’s pretty much the same.

I think your River is a little wider. 

😆 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Other than weather, household value and appreciation, walkability, economy, culture and diversity, per capita income, education, medicine, job market, opportunity for families, airports, nationally relevant market for all industries, access to major metropolitan area… it’s pretty much the same.

😆

traffic sucks tho, right.  how long is your commute?

17 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You are big on comments like “and you have proof of this” “that’s not evidence” and similar. One such similar comment is the first sentence above. You immediately follow up with the bolded. Wtf??? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦

OK

Is Ukraine not moving to a democracy?

Is Ukraine not trying to get into the nato

both of these things are literally have been proven true

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

😆

I think paradise is in the eye of the beholder

If you think that it’s paradise than it is

20 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

well I read a lot of news articles and see we send s lot of money out including to placed that don’t act in our best interests. Is that a good place to start? 

your good with the money flowing out? Good to know. 

If you’re talking about foreign aid, then yes, I am agreeable to it as long as we don’t have to send our military’s

I think it’s interesting how people to complain about immigration. Don’t wanna do anything at the source to try to slow it

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

every time I go to N Virginia, i think "how do people tolerate this traffic?"

It’s terrible. I go opposite rush hour by design. I don’t know how the big commuters do it. 

NoVA traffic is an order of magnitude worse than Maryland traffic imo. 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it’s interesting how people to complain about immigration. Don’t wanna do anything at the source to try to slow it

What? I’m listening. I feel like there are two conversations that get blurred into one. 

1) should there be immigration into the country 

2) should there be a highly controlled process with limited entry points to allow for oversight, screening and filtering out I’ll willed? 

the people advocating for the second get accused of being against the first In political discourse. 

that’s stupid 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s terrible. I go opposite rush hour by design. I don’t know how the big commuters do it. 

NoVA traffic is an order of magnitude worse than Maryland traffic imo. 

What? I’m listening. I feel like there are two conversations that get blurred into one. 

1) should there be immigration into the country 

2) should there be a highly controlled process with limited entry points to allow for oversight, screening and filtering out I’ll willed? 

the people advocating for the second get accused of being against the first In political discourse. 

that’s stupid 

There is a reason why that these people are leaving their countries a good expenditure of money would be to try to help those countries so that they don’t want to leave

The fact that Biden is reversing himself on the border wall, and is going to continue to build it that we definitely have an immigration problem. End of this country now who those immigrants are definitely something that I can test. The majority of them are not sick. Rapists are murderers as Trump would have you believe every time that he opens his stupid ***** mouth.

There is, however, an immigration problem that needs to be fixed, and it needs to be fixed soon

• Eyeroll 1

So I saw someon Post earlier that the squad was making comments that would make you think that they supported the terrorists

They have all gone on the record and denounce this all they are saying is that they need to work towards a diplomatic solution and it’s easy to understand why, because there are so many civilians in the way

The Palestinian people are not hamas that is a terrorist organization, and separate to its self from  the Palestinian people or civilians, right in the middle of what is about to be a disaster

Should Israel retaliate and have the right to defend itself absolutely I just don’t want to see a bunch of innocent people get killed in the process

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Well I’d argue all these checks we write should lead to direct control in all cases… but that seems to be a serious material omission in foreign policy these days .. 

From historical observation and a little knowledge of past aid including military to Israel, they are far more reluctant to agree to controls as precondition.

They'll go a certain distance, but not nearly as far as other countries.

Because of their history, they pretty much refuse to allow any other country to control their actions.

They don't share intel beyond a very basic level, as they think the US is incapable of controlling leaks.

See Operation Opera, the brilliant strike on the Baghdad nuclear plant, Operation Orchard, which was their undetected strike on a Syrian nuclear reactor, and Operation Thunderbolt, the Entebbe rescue mission which was probably the greatest rescue mission ever.

The US knew nothing of these until completed.

On a smaller scale, Operation Bayonet, which was the Mossad operation to assassinate all of the folks involved directly in the Munich Olympic killing of the Israeli team, and scores of other Mossad assassinations in the middle east and those targeting various Iranian nuclear program players.

In addition, they not only modify specific weapons purchased from the US to suit their needs, they always resist any joint air to air exercises, which is the norm for the US and its other allies. 

The US has tried to engage in this, but they have never agreed, though they did send us gun camera film of their exploits.

Anyway, they have a unique, singular attitude about agreeing to any restrictions. 

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1