2024 Concerts

T&C

Saw clips of him dedicating half to Noel.  That was awesome.  Love that he's doing some oasis tunes.  Ridiculous these 2 can't behave like adults and put out some more incredible music.  Glad you got to see what looks like an amazing show

3 hours ago, BritBill said:

Well Liam Gallagher was awsome. A set list of pure joy. Some of the old B sides were so unexpected but brought back memories in my head I didn't l know I had. Set list:

Rock 'n' Roll Star (Oasis song)

Columbia (Oasis song)

Shakermaker (Oasis song) (Liam Gallagher solo live debut)

Up in the Sky (Oasis song) (Liam Gallagher solo live debut)

Digsy's Dinner (Oasis song) (Liam Gallagher solo live debut)

Bring It On Down (Oasis song) (first time since 2018)

Cloudburst (Oasis song) (Liam Gallagher solo live debut)

I Will Believe (Oasis song) (Liam Gallagher solo live debut)

Half the World Away (Oasis song) (Liam Gallagher solo live debut, first time singing lead vocals, dedicated to Noel Gallagher)

D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman? (Oasis song) (first time since 2018)

Fade Away (Oasis song)

Lock All the Doors (Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds cover) (demo version, Liam Gallagher solo live debut)

(It's Good) To Be Free (Oasis song) (Liam Gallagher solo live debut)

Whatever (Oasis song) (first time since 2018)

Cigarettes & Alcohol (Oasis song)

Married With Children (Oasis song) (Liam Gallagher solo live debut)

Encore:

Supersonic (Oasis song)

Slide Away (Oasis song)

Live Forever (Oasis song)

Encore 2:

I Am the Walrus (The Beatles cover) (Liam Gallagher solo live debut)

• Agree 2

Just wanted to report on having seen Dead and Co for three consecutive nights at the Sphere.

First of all, let me just say, I am NOT a fan of Las Vegas. I think I would have really loved the 1950s, mob-owned, Frank and Dean and Sammy, cocktail dresses and martinis and poker table Vegas. I do NOT love the 2024 Vegas, which I found to be little more than a sprawling, stinky, expensive, Disneyland/Times Square of a place, whose only goal seems to be to get you seated in front of a slot machine, hammered drunk, after spending $200+ on a dinner for two.

Now that that's out of the way...

The shows themselves were amazing. I can't even really put into words how cool The Sphere is. Just an all-encompassing, immersive, at times overwhelming technological marvel. At times, the experience was so novel and so cool and so interesting that all I could do was grin like an idiot and laugh like a schoolboy. Half of the videos I took feature me laughing maniacally in the background. 

The band played mostly well -- particularly on the third night -- and at the moment where they weren't playing as well, I was still so caught up in the spectacle of the graphics that I didn't mind as much. All the band members wore black on night one and did a night-long tribute to Bill Walton, complete with #32 stickers on their guitars, Walton stuff up on the video screen, and more. They played a few of his favorite tunes, including a Fire on the Mountain (his favorite Dead song) encore. Very glad I was there for that.

The below videos are not my own, and are just taken from YouTube from other people, in order to give you a sense of what I was seeing. If you get a chance to go see a show at the Sphere, I highly recommend it.

• Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Logic said:

Just wanted to report on having seen Dead and Co for three consecutive nights at the Sphere….

Thx for the review & preview. Will be at The Sphere for a Dead & Co show next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Thx for the review & preview. Will be at The Sphere for a Dead & Co show next week.

Awesome! You'll have an amazing time. Just out of curiosity, where will you be sitting?

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Logic, thanks for the info, @Mr Info, i will be there next Friday for sure, hoping to maybe get tix for Sat as well.  I am in S109 R28 or S302 R13, still trying to decide if i want to be closer to stage with obscured view of the images or go for the full video effect in 302.  

@Logic feel free to send me PM if you have any recommendations, suggestions etc.  I'm also not a vegas guy and would love to find things other than slots to occupy my time.  Staying at the Bellagio btw

10 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Edited by The Poojer

I am DROWNING in jelly here people

lmao

@Logic what a great review and post. I have been obsessed with this  venue since I heard and read about U2 as their First ever show. MAGNIFICENT VENUE

After this years Bills home opener I really want my next family trip to be Las Vegas for a Sphere show.  Family road trip biotches Mount UP 

💃🏿

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2024 at 10:50 PM, Logic said:

Awesome! You'll have an amazing time. Just out of curiosity, where will you be sitting?

At least Dead & Co aren't charging what U2 changed for their shows. $$$$$$$$ 🤯 

On 6/4/2024 at 11:36 AM, Logic said:

Awesome, thanks. You're gonna have a marvelous view. Enjoy!

It was an amazing experience. My recommendation for anyone going to a concert at the Sphere is to get seats in row 1 of any section in any level. 
If you get tix to see Dead & Co, there is Shakedown Street (amazing # of 3rd party vendors) at The Tuscany Resort and “Dead Forever Experience” at the Venetian Resort. Check the latter before the show and you can walk inside between the Venetian and the Sphere.

Will also be seeing the last Goose show of this tour in New Haven on June 29.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

I listened to half of it... not a lot of interview but the music was just fine. 

It's a mostly music show but there's about 12 minutes of Jon Anderson interview clip in all.

What are your thoughts on cover bands?  There is a Supertramp cover band coming through my area, and as seeing they have not toured in years, and it's a group I would want to see, I'm considering going.  

Going to Goose on Friday at the Mann in Philly.  Agree with your Sphere recommendations.  Really well run for the Dead shows, and holy F*** what an experience

On 6/19/2024 at 10:34 PM, Mr Info said:

It was an amazing experience. My recommendation for anyone going to a concert at the Sphere is to get seats in row 1 of any section in any level. 
If you get tix to see Dead & Co, there is Shakedown Street (amazing # of 3rd party vendors) at The Tuscany Resort and “Dead Forever Experience” at the Venetian Resort. Check the latter before the show and you can walk inside between the Venetian and the Sphere.

Will also be seeing the last Goose show of this tour in New Haven on June 29.