"Suckers and Losers"---Trump on our GI's

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not going to quote your posts, becasue that would take up way too much space.

What I will say is that putting a memorial at the site of an A4 plane crash, the result of a SAM hit is useless.

Want to honor the man? Give up these stupid economic proposals which are nothing more than wealth transfer, and really bad ideas.

I don't think trump has a serious issue with the military, no matter how many times is is suggested.

I know Carter did. I know Obama did, and I know Harris is grossly unaware of that issue, and bound to be really bad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

ugh. remember when M. Obama had Weinstein at the white house.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/realitycheck/the-press-office/2013/11/08/remarks-first-lady-careers-film-symposium

https://variety.com/2013/biz/news/michelle-obama-harvey-weinstein-mandela-1200809689/

Weinstein, who was at the White House on Thursday evening for a screening of his company’s “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom,” organized the event. Calling Weinstein “a wonderful human being, a good friend and just a powerhouse,” Obama also shared the story of how he lost an eye when he was 10 years old while playing with some friends.

“But Harvey didn’t just sit around feeling sorry for himself,” she said. “He knocked on the door of a retired librarian who lived next door to him and asked for books. Now, for those of you who know Harvey, can you imagine a 10-year-old Harvey in conversation with a librarian?” The crowd laughed. “But from that moment on, Harvey developed a love of reading and a knack for finding good stories — a skill he has used every day for decades.”

• Vomit 1

23 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Didn't Cadet Bone Spurs give the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh, who dodged the draft with anal cysts?

Edited by Scraps

Trump feels a psychological need to denigrate the sacrifices of vets because they have something that he doesn’t. They had the courage to serve the nation while when his number was called, he evaded that service with bone spurs. They are held in honor by society in a way that he isn’t. They have a holiday in their honor, while he doesn’t. People thank them for their service in ways that he doesn’t get. He knows that his money can never buy what they have. The Medal of Honor recipients are the most revered vets so he targets them. Lastly, the concepts of service and  sacrifice are things he cannot understand. He lives life under the principal of “how much can I get for me. He who gets the most wins.”

As a narcissistic psychopath, in his mind, no one can be more important than him. So he minimizes their status to make himself feel more important. He is one old mentally ill moron. 

Edited by Andy1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, sherpa said:

I'm not going to quote your posts, becasue that would take up way too much space.

What I will say is that putting a memorial at the site of an A4 plane crash, the result of a SAM hit is useless.

Want to honor the man? Give up these stupid economic proposals which are nothing more than wealth transfer, and really bad ideas.

I don't think trump has a serious issue with the military, no matter how many times is is suggested.

I know Carter did. I know Obama did, and I know Harris is grossly unaware of that issue, and bound to be really bad.

So the stupid guy gets a pass for anything. Maybe you just don't like smart people like Carter, Obama and Harris. You like the military hating underdog Trump because he is so mentally challenged 

Trump literally hates what you stand for 

Your premise is false, but no surprise there.

I'm not giving the guy a pass for anything, but I don't get upset when someone says something stupid off the cuff.

What I'm not going to do, specifically, is get worked up over him on the McCain thing.

McCain was no hero, and while that's not a denigrating comment, getting shot down and serving as a POW does not make one a hero.

There were almost 600 POE's that were held in North Vietnam.

Most of them behaved admirably.

Two that were extremely noteworthy are Jim Stockdale and Jerry Denton

Truly, absolutely, undeniable heroes.

McCain was an honorable POW. He signed things that he regretted, but no rational person familiar with that treatment faults that anymore.

In fact, the Code of Conduct was adjusted after Vietnam to address that reality.

The sudden elevation of him becasue of that was unwarranted.

I was in the same community as he was, same base etc.

When I was a first tour aviator in that community, our CO, XO and two department heads were there when he was there.

One day his name came up during lunch, and I remember my CO saying that if McCain was in that room, he would be sitting alone.

Anyway, another of your false premises, which your posts are rife with, is that I don't like smart people,

That is absolutely false.

What I don't like are presidents who do really stupid things regarding military use and funding.

LBJ and his sidekick Robert McNamara were responsible for losing a war and getting hundreds of people killed.

(sidebar, 'cause I know it will come up. Bush in the Afghan and Iraq things presided over absolutely brilliantly executed military operations until the theme became nation building.)

Carter grossly underfunded the military and demanded full control over specific operations which failed miserable.

Obama maintained the status quo and I don't think he did any real damage.

The suggestion you made that Harris is "smart" is preposterous.

On that subject, what is going on now in the military under Biden is long term significant damage.

Different subject, but that is reality.

"The suggestion you made that Harris is "smart" is preposterous"

this statement is preposterous. disagree with politics etc that makes sense. to say calling her smart is preposterous? like there is no basis in reality to call her smart? i barely know the womam, but to become a lawyer, then DA, then senator, then vp takes some smarts no matter how you spin it.

it reads the exact same as when the silly lefties call trump stupid. there is just no way it is true despite how desperately they want it to be. 

57 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

"The suggestion you made that Harris is "smart" is preposterous"

this statement is preposterous. disagree with politics etc that makes sense. 

No, there is nothing to suggest in anything she does that points to smart.

She can't speak.

She got where she is based on pure genetics.

She has done nothing to indicate intelligence as VP.

She has proposed policies that not only make no sense, but are foolish.

She has no foreign policy experience.

Her Senate Record

She's so smart that everything she has proposed in the past that has been viewed as poor policy is now changing.

Now that's "smart."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, sherpa said:

No, there is nothing to suggest in anything she does that points to smart.

She can't speak.

She got where she is based on pure genetics.

She has done nothing to indicate intelligence as VP.

She has proposed policies that not only make no sense, but are foolish.

She has no foreign policy experience.

Her Senate Record

She's so smart that everything she has proposed in the past that has been viewed as poor policy is now changing.

Now that's "smart."

even if that is all true (questionable but ill bite) becoming a lawyer takes at least some semblance of intelligence. 

i find it very hard to believe any person in congress is not smart. people may hate them, disagree, whatever, chances are you need some smarts to get that far. well that, and a total lack of morality but that's a different problem.

i suppose it depends on your definition of smart. politics requires so much dirty work it is inevitable you will not be liked and the same with your positions.

maybe she is an exception. maybe she is not smart. but to call the notion "preposterous" is silly. it is at least a reasonable take.

15 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

even if that is all true (questionable but ill bite) becoming a lawyer takes at least some semblance of intelligence. 

i find it very hard to believe any person in congress is not smart. people may hate them, disagree, whatever, chances are you need some smarts to get that far. well that,

Regarding Harris, she is a San Francisco Democrat.

One of the most beautiful areas on earth has been trashed becasue of policies in place by people of her ilk.

Regarding being awarded "smart" by the simple fact that you are in Congress is invalid.

Look up sinking Guam.

Look up the Mars Rover finding the Apollo 11 flag.

Consider anything Maxine Waters has said.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Regarding Harris, she is a San Francisco Democrat.

One of the most beautiful areas on earth has been trashed becasue of policies in place by people of her ilk.

Regarding being awarded "smart" by the simple fact that you are in Congress is invalid.

Look up sinking Guam.

Look up the Mars Rover finding the Apollo 11 flag.

Consider anything Maxine Waters has said.

i think you can say stupid things and not be stupid. happens all the time.

You are right, being in congress does not necessarily mean smart, but it usually takes some smarts to get there. maybe savvy is a better word.