So Newsweek was right after all

You mean like when our flag is burned constantly in the Middle East? 

Or how its illegal to own a bible in Saudi Arabia and what happens to you if you're caught with one?

Maybe we can resolve this problem by not giving these A-holes bibles and religious materials in the first place. 

3 hots and a cot is about all they should get at BEST.

351615[/snapback]

No, I mean like how in the US we say all the quotes that I listed and then do something else. But hey, feel free to try to change the subject to another country and refuse to hold ourselves to a higher standard of non-hypocripsy in order to help the psychological side of the war on terror.

FIVE confirmed cases after going through thousands and thousands of files.  Why is this a story?

It's just our media doing everything it can to screw our military and, in doing so, our country.

But play along, Al Jazeera is thrilled.

351660[/snapback]

Did you read my post? It answered your question. You didn't have to post the same old dribble again and again. It'll give you carpal tunnel, and it hurts my IQ.

This is a give no quarter, take no quarter fight. Those that are ideologically bound to take up the Jihad are not going to be swayed by any feel good press saying how wonderful and respectful we are. Theirs is a different mentality. One can't apply American-Western standards of propriety to it. I know there are several folks here who have done some travelling. It's amazing to many that the rest of the world doesn't think like America. Most of them are quite baffled by how we think. In effect, for some reason, the only people who really seem affected by this are here. Folks with a little more depth of thought in Pakistan are amazed that our media would print things that stupid and damaging, and they are right.

This is a give no quarter, take no quarter fight. Those that are ideologically bound to take up the Jihad are not going to be swayed by any feel good press saying how wonderful and respectful we are. Theirs is a different mentality. One can't apply American-Western standards of propriety to it.

You're definitely right, but us saying one thing and doing another is bad for two reasons:

1.) It hurts our credability with the rest of the world, including potential allies.

2.) It hurts the promotion of democracy in the middle east and around the world.

One of the biggest goals of the war on terror is to spread democracy, and we being the leaders of the free world have to set the example. Mistreatment of the holy book, not respecting Islam, hypocripsy, and all of the other stuff that is involved in this does not help.

I know there are several folks here who have done some travelling. It's amazing to many that the rest of the world doesn't think like America. Most of them are quite baffled by how we think. In effect, for some reason, the only people who really seem affected by this are here. Folks with a little more depth of thought in Pakistan are amazed that our media would print things that stupid and damaging, and they are right.

351679[/snapback]

If the only people who are affected by it are here, then why was the government so concerned about it?

I, for one, am glad that I live in a country that does think the way we do.

Who cares that we say one thing and do another, those damned terrorists deserve it.  :lol:

351210[/snapback]

Better check your diaper. This is a big boy's world and sometimes feelings get hurt.

Wanna get serious in the war on terror? Jam Al-Jazeera's signal.

Better check your diaper. This is a big boy's world and sometimes feelings get hurt.

Wanna get serious in the war on terror? Jam Al-Jazeera's signal.

351831[/snapback]

Read my other posts to clarify my point, since you missed it. :lol: