Sports teachings that are wrong

Adam

I am so sick and tired of hearing that old winning is the only thing garbage, that a rally that falls short is worthless, and how 2nd place is the first loser.

People that think that $&^$* don't have their own opinions, they are wrong. EVERYTHING that happens out on the field AT ANY LEVEL is worthwhile. Second place is the secopnd best team- for the other way of thinking, there is only one relevant team, and the others shouldnt have bothered.

Haveing been around more championship teams than I care to count- none of them thought that way- that was stuff said by most of the losers- maybe they should be questioning the people who brought them up, as should the rest of the sporting world and society as a whole. There is no room for that trash.

I am so sick and tired of hearing that old winning is the only thing garbage, that a rally that falls short is worthless, and how 2nd place is the first loser.

People that think that $&^$* don't have their own opinions, they are wrong. EVERYTHING that happens out on the field AT ANY LEVEL is worthwhile. Second place is the secopnd best team- for the other way of thinking, there is only one relevant team, and the others shouldnt have bothered.

Haveing been around more championship teams than I care to count- none of them thought that way- that was stuff said by most of the losers- maybe they should be questioning the people who brought them up, as should the rest of the sporting world and society as a whole. There is no room for that trash.

350830[/snapback]

i think its mostly just a technique used by coaches or players just to get everybody in the mental state that they dont want to finish in any other place but 1st. if you notice, after the game or series players and coaches dont say things like, " well we lost and the season is a failure" i think they just dont want their players thinking that 2nd place is ok, i dunno, just an idea as to why they would say it

i think its mostly just a technique used by coaches or players just to get everybody in the mental state that they dont want to finish in any other place but 1st. if you notice, after the game or series players and coaches dont say things like, " well we lost and the season is a failure" i think they just dont want their players thinking that 2nd place is ok, i dunno, just an idea as to why they would say it

350837[/snapback]

I'm tired of seeing kids buy into it- and they do buy into what they're taught completely!

I'm tired of seeing kids buy into it- and they do buy into what they're taught completely!

350838[/snapback]

yeah your right, but im sure at the same time if you were a coach you would hate to see your kids not caring if they came in 1st or 2nd, i see your point though

350830[/snapback]

This sounds suspiciously like the ravings of a sore loser...

:lol:

350830[/snapback]

That and the saying "whoever wants it more will win," boy, I hate that one.

:lol: Yes, but did they give 110% percent? Someone please explain to me how that is possible!

350892[/snapback]

A very good question. The extra 10% must be purchased on credit at 13-18% interest, so once they have to pay that back usually their next effort is only 82-87%, which is seldom good enough to win. Never tell kids to give 110%, it leads to bad habits.

:lol: Yes, but did they give 110% percent? Someone please explain to me how that is possible!

350892[/snapback]

No clue. Although I did have a software app that I used to install for my clients that had a installation progress bar that always went to 110%

One thing that I have learned that I will teach my kids is that winning isn't everything, but losing is nothing.......grow a set.