This is why we didn't re-sign Jonas Jennings.

PIZ

49ers | Jennings Dinged - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 3 Jun 2005 05:47:46 -0700

Roger Phillips, of InsideBayArea.com, reports San Francisco 49ers LT Jonas Jennings (ankle) twisted an ankle this week and did not practice Thursday, June 2. Head coach Mike Nolan said the injury is not serious.

No, it's not serious, but the 49ers should count on this happening multiple times.

I was under the impression that LAST year was JJ's best in terms of injuries. I got the impression he played through more injuries than he typicaly did.

Couldn't be that it was ue to it being his contract year, could it? Nawww :D

-RnJ

www.cnjbbb.org

No, it's not serious, but the 49ers should count on this happening multiple times.

350354[/snapback]

at least he showed up for mini-camp.......that is more then spikes, willis, big mike, and adams can say........

at least he showed up for mini-camp.......that is more then spikes, willis, big mike, and adams can say........

350369[/snapback]

I believe Mike was there.

Adams never goes.

Yeah but WIllis was woking in Miami, and all hurricanes grads do that.

I don;t know about Spikes.

I believe Mike was there. 

Adams never goes. 

Yeah but WIllis was woking in Miami, and all hurricanes grads do that.

I don;t know about Spikes.

350375[/snapback]

mike was not there.......

"The Bills completed week one of OTA's in Orchard Park. It is optional and Mike Mularkey said Travis Henry, Willis McGahee, Mike Williams, Shane Matthews, Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes chose not to come."

http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=0870

350369[/snapback]

What does that have to do with Jonas' injury history?

What does that have to do with Jonas' injury history?

350388[/snapback]

it has about as much to do with his history as this "twisted ankle" does......it's not serious and a complete non-story......if he was sitting home on his a** (ala the buffalo stars) then we wouldn't even hear about it........

it has about as much to do with his history as this "twisted ankle" does......it's not serious and a complete non-story......if he was sitting home on his a** (ala the buffalo stars) then we wouldn't even hear about it........

350436[/snapback]

I appreciated the post which noted the Jennings twisted ankle. The sense it is not serious does make this fall far short of being THE story regarding JJ.

However, I would disagree that it is a non-story because:

1. He got a huge contract from SF and some advocated the Bills should have given a huge contract to JJ because of the hole we have at LT.

2. From my view JJ was not worth a huge contract from the Bills because he has never started all 16 at any point in his career and last year saw him not only fail again to start 16, but he actually proved unable to finish play in a couple of games due to injury.

I think we fans are too quick to label a player injury prone because this label is falsely thrown around after a player get injured even once (ex. claims that JP is injury prone after his break last year are silly). However, though i did not devolve to the shorthand of describing JJ that way because I don't think the facts support that claim, it is simply true that the facts say he never has started all 16 and that it a real issue when it comes to the $ numbers the market would force the Bills to have paid to keep him.

However, I do think it will be legit to lay the injury prone labol on JJif he agains suffers a serious injury which causes him to miss real game time this season. The twisted ankle is NOT this story because real games have not started yet and the injury was not serious.

However, this occurence is not a non-story or in anyway the same as a player deciding not to appear at a "voluntary" workout because of his injury history and big contract.

350369[/snapback]

Bills mini-camp was the weekend after the draft, and I believe the only veterans who didn't show up were Travis Henry and Shane Matthews.

Bills mini-camp was the weekend after the draft, and I believe the only veterans who didn't show up were Travis Henry and Shane Matthews.

350497[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking as well. But, JJ got hurt during the "optional" summer practice. 49ers minicamp was in early May. It would be helpful if people got the terminology right.

I appreciated the post which noted the Jennings twisted ankle. The sense it is not serious does make this fall far short of being THE story regarding JJ.

However, I would disagree that it is a non-story because:

1. He got a huge contract from SF and some advocated the Bills should have given a huge contract to JJ because of the hole we have at LT.

2. From my view JJ was not worth a huge contract from the Bills because he has never started all 16 at any point in his career and last year saw him not only fail again to start 16, but he actually proved unable to finish play in a couple of games due to injury.

I think we fans are too quick to label a player injury prone because this label is falsely thrown around after a player get injured even once (ex. claims that JP is injury prone after his break last year are silly). However, though i did not devolve to the shorthand of describing JJ that way because I don't think the facts support that claim, it is simply true that the facts say he never has started all 16 and that it a real issue when it comes to the $ numbers the market would force the Bills to have paid to keep him.

However, I do think it will be legit to lay the injury prone labol on JJif he agains suffers a serious injury which causes him to miss real game time this season.  The twisted ankle is NOT this story because real games have not started yet and the injury was not serious.

However, this occurence is not a non-story or in anyway the same as a player deciding not to appear at a "voluntary" workout because of his injury history and big contract.

350457[/snapback]

Great Post