Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

16 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Terry will never fire McD…he is too old and doesn’t wanna deal with a coaching hire, at his age- especially with all the failure he’s had with the Sabres hiring situation…

The McD era is the only time Terry has had a taste of success, and I could see him going to his grave with McD as coach…

That is my fear.

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Terry will never fire McD…he is too old and doesn’t wanna deal with a coaching hire, at his age- especially with all the failure he’s had with the Sabres hiring situation…

The McD era is the only time Terry has had a taste of success, and I could see him going to his grave with McD as coach…

If this is our future then it's a slap in the face to his wife and lifelong Bills fans like myself, who will never see a championship or a generational qb like Josh again.  

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

I guess the question is does Beane stay and fire his friend or do they all get the axe?

I wish there was a world where Beane stayed and hired Ben Johnson as HC.  Josh would immediately have a competent play caller and someone who'd emphasize the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If this is our future then it's a slap in the face to his wife and lifelong Bills fans like myself, who will never see a championship or a generational qb like Josh again.  

It's incredible to watch these last two games as Brady and McD are panicked and under their coaching have helped turn JA17 back into rookie Josh.  Beane has to take responsibility too as it looks like his signings to backfill the Diggs and Davis losses are failures.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

He's fired his share of Sabres HC's and GM's. So, he will make a change if he feels it's necessary. Even if this year turns out to be a bad one, I think he will give McDermott and Beane the 2025 season to fix it. After that I could see them being on the hot seat if things don't improve.

Edited by Gregg

I think Chris Simms and Mike Florio nail it here:

I'll admit what Simms says about possibly adding Davante Adams does give me pause. He says even if we add him, do we have enough else on the roster to really make a championship run? I'm naturally a very impatient person so I have been all in on doing whatever it takes to add Adams (or some other legit WR) to the room. But I can see the argument that the season is a wash no matter what so save your resources and push in your chips next year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'll admit what Simms says about possibly adding Davante Adams does give me pause. He says even if we add him, do we have enough else on the roster to really make a championship run? I'm naturally a very impatient person so I have been all in on doing whatever it takes to add Adams (or some other legit WR) to the room. But I can see the argument that the season is a wash no matter what so save your resources and push in your chips next year.

And if our coaching staff doesn't decide to pass from the endzone 3x, we're probably 4-1 and these guys are saying we're back on track by beating a top team in Houston on the road.

Hot take city.  We're not the best team in the league, but we're good & can be a contender by the end.  We're breaking in a lot of new players.

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Impatience is practically what makes up a lot of us here. As far as signing Adams, I get both sides of the argument. Part of me understands that we would be straining the cap. But the other part wonders how much better we would have been had we signed CMC when it was somewhat of an option, so could trading for Adams give us more punch as CMC probably would have? The way I see it, Josh with a true #1 was when he was most dominant. Now he does seem kind of lost

Edited by buffalo2218

6 minutes ago, balln said:

9/30 isn’t just the coaching and receivers. I’m sorry . It’s not 

Allen is responsible for some of it for sure. But like Simms says when an extremely talented QB has a historically bad passing performance it speaks to more fundamental problems in the offense. Not that that's breaking news or anything.