Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm experiencing just that in regards to the condition of Key Bank Center. Ever since John Vogl of the Athletic wrote about finding broken cupholders and cracks in the floor, there is this narrative that KBC has never been updated in 28 years and is in the verge of collapse. 

I had an argument with someone on Twitter/X who believed just that, and would not accept the fact the building had 6 or 7 renovations since opening and is going through one right now. It's true that KBC is dated when compared to newer and fancier arenas but it's not falling down. I think it's an extension of frustration over the Sabres and Terry Pegula,who is "the worst owner in history and needs to sell the team!!!" Of course they don't have an answer when it's pointed out Terry also owns the Bills and Bandits, which are pretty successful franchises.

When people get frustrated, all rationality goes out the window and they will latch onto any story that makes them feel good about who it is they *want* to blame. It's not just football.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I really think this segment was the most interesting First Thing's First Bills segment I've ever seen -

The whole thing is about the Bills, but I started at the 8:00 minute mark because that's where they ask how concerning Allen's injury is. And the way the discussion unfolds talking about what Allen's asked to do & how he plays was very fascinating to listen to.

Everyone gives him tons of praise, but they bounce around ideas on why he's more physical than some other running QBs, how he may be going into the season thinking "I'm going to take over," or even bring up that Mahomes has Reid dialing up plays that can protect him, while Josh may not. 

As much as we all dislike Nick Wright, I make it a point to listen to people I don't agree with. But I've always respected Broussard, and it's interesting to hear all 3 of them discuss Allen in this way.

These 3 will always be the same. Wright and Wildes will disparage Josh & the Bills because it's in their permanent DNA. And Brousard will attempt to play devils advocate. Josh has to activate the mechanism early in the season because the OL still breaks down. I'm convinced if Josh doesn't hurdle Baker at the goal-line, they get snuffed on a 3rd & goal run play. He does these things out of necessity. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Watching since 1964 said:

Just under 5 minutes, not breaking news obviously, just solid reporting.

Josh has done this before - spread the ball around - and in this case Bills are also spreading the ball around RBs.  They need some formation which includes two RBs so teams cannot just focus on one runner and will the other RB be just a blocker or is he released and then become a target for throw or something else.

Agree completely about not wanting one WR to be focus of a game.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I really think this segment was the most interesting First Thing's First Bills segment I've ever seen -

The whole thing is about the Bills, but I started at the 8:00 minute mark because that's where they ask how concerning Allen's injury is. And the way the discussion unfolds talking about what Allen's asked to do & how he plays was very fascinating to listen to.

Everyone gives him tons of praise, but they bounce around ideas on why he's more physical than some other running QBs, how he may be going into the season thinking "I'm going to take over," or even bring up that Mahomes has Reid dialing up plays that can protect him, while Josh may not. 

As much as we all dislike Nick Wright, I make it a point to listen to people I don't agree with. But I've always respected Broussard, and it's interesting to hear all 3 of them discuss Allen in this way.

I saw this segment as well, and thought about posting it here too.  Full disclosure I used to hate him, but like you I’ve kept an eye to see what those I don’t agree with say, and some of their segments have since become more entertaining recently like Mahomes Mountain and Nicks Tiers for example.

On Nick Wright - Since Mahomes has won back to back Super Bowls, he’s substantially softened on Allen as well now that he doesn’t feel Allen is a threat to Mahomes standing as the best QB in the league.  Most of what led Nick to say what he has said about Allen in the past was rooted in elevating his notoriety combined with his insecurity that Allen was approaching Mahomes level in too many eyes after the 2021 playoff game.  He has firmly settled into Allen is the 2nd best QB in football now, and he was only one to pick Bills to win the AFCE.

As far as this segment goes, it was a really good take on Allen.  Perfect example was Allen’s first rushing TD where he had Keon open on a slant and said after the game he should have thrown that for the TD instead of taking the run where he takes more risks for injury too.  

This season I feel like Nick has more accurate on with what he has said about the Bills and Allen, and more so and more positive than even some of his co-hosts.  

Don’t get me wrong, he was a total clown prior with the nonsense he would say, but now that he doesn’t have to do it to prop up his Chiefs anymore, he’s come around to being more grounded in his takes on Allen and Bills, at least recently.  Bills start making some noise, Allen starts out playing Mahomes, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him revert back though.  But right now, his takes have been more fair recently and he’s been more complimentary to Allen than in the past. 

The Mahomes Mountain and Nicks Tiers have become entertaining this year and this weeks were pretty good.  Watching Wildes go at him for having the Bengals above the Pats was pretty funny too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

These 3 will always be the same. Wright and Wildes will disparage Josh & the Bills because it's in their permanent DNA. And Brousard will attempt to play devils advocate. Josh has to activate the mechanism early in the season because the OL still breaks down. I'm convinced if Josh doesn't hurdle Baker at the goal-line, they get snuffed on a 3rd & goal run play. He does these things out of necessity. 

But regardless of how much Wright disparages Allen, he admits that he is terrified playing against him as a Chiefs fan and also says he is the 2nd best QB in football...I think what it goes to show you is that even tho he makes fun of Allen and says all this stuff, he realizes that Allen is greatness personified and if he actually DID limit his turnovers and still perform the same way as he has he would probably be the best QB in NFL history by a wide margin.

That's what should be terrifying to other teams...Allen does all this stuff "wrong", but yet is probably the best singular player in the NFL.  His ceiling is still even higher...he could put himself in a conversation where there is nobody else before it is over based on his ability with both his legs and arm.

Edited by Big Turk

29 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Too lazy to see if this was posted previously, but I have to give kudos to, Nick Wright. He makes a lot of sense with this. 

It was the most reasonable take I've seen him have on anything.  Seems like it was pre-coffee or something.

• Like (+1) 1

People are just jealous… They know deep down inside that the Bills are the ***** there just to proud to admit it… F them… In fact F all of them… Just let our Bills keep destroying people on the field and let there play do all the talking… 

1 minute ago, Bimmer323i said:

People are just jealous… They know deep down inside that the Bills are the ***** there just to proud to admit it… F them… In fact F all of them… Just let our Bills keep destroying people on the field and let there play do all the talking… 

And plus nobody wants to really give us credit for the beat down we gave Miami they just wanna talk about Tuas concussion… F them to….

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Draconator said:

Too lazy to see if this was posted previously, but I have to give kudos to, Nick Wright. He makes a lot of sense with this. 

A few of us on this forum — I mentioned it last week when somebody was calling this a “rebuilding” year — opined that there were legitimate reasons to move away from every player the Bills either traded, released, or did not re-sign.  Glad the rest of the world is catching up.

Edited by eball
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Draconator said:

Second time something I said in their comment sections that comes directly put of his mouth. I also said he was punishing Allen for playing a Jordan level dominate player. If Mahomes didn't exist would Allen already have a SB? 

I posted twice that the Bills Defense is fine, the players that were let go were aging and not playing at an elite level or often hurt. 

I love the show though: the three of them have excellent chemistry and Nick is the reason it's successful. Nick, when he isn't playing into his bias, has a lot of interesting takes. I just posted about Stroud vs elite Defenses... so I'm sure that will be on their show on Monday if the Bears beat the Texans

On 9/12/2024 at 10:44 AM, Big Turk said:

But regardless of how much Wright disparages Allen, he admits that he is terrified playing against him as a Chiefs fan and also says he is the 2nd best QB in football...I think what it goes to show you is that even tho he makes fun of Allen and says all this stuff, he realizes that Allen is greatness personified and if he actually DID limit his turnovers and still perform the same way as he has he would probably be the best QB in NFL history by a wide margin.

That's what should be terrifying to other teams...Allen does all this stuff "wrong", but yet is probably the best singular player in the NFL.  His ceiling is still even higher...he could put himself in a conversation where there is nobody else before it is over based on his ability with both his legs and arm.

Yeah but as much as Nick seems to have mellowed some on the Allen vitriol, he still gets butthurt like a petulant child when Shady or Rex challenges the "greatness" of his beloved Pat.  He is right that he needs to save some of these crazy running plays for the playoffs like Mahomes does.  Save your body and keep it fresh for the playoffs. But maybe Wildes is right.  It's not in Josh's DNA nor does Josh have the luxury of an Andy Reid drawing up perfect plays. What's going to make Josh deadly this season is what Breer said. Going to 9-10 different targets puts pressure on an opposing DC.  Josh just needs to pick & choose his spots to put on the cape.

Edited by LABILLBACKER