Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

16 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Sean McDermott is one of the coaches who goes for it on 4th down the most frequently in the NFL. The only year he has not been one of the more aggressive coaches on 4th down was his first season here as HC. So maybe your 'feelings' are more about emotions than what is actually happening.

The power of narratives.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The power of narratives.

Humans don’t understand the world through rational facts. They understand their world through stories. Once one is told, it becomes gospel truth and it’s almost impossible to move people from it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Lafromboise said:

Josh Allen is overrated 

In my opinion Bills Mafia should take control of that narrative and have some fun with it. Every time Josh scores a TD, they should erupt with “overrated! *clap* *clap* *clap* *clapclap* overrated!”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Ironically: Nick Wright has been the most optimistic about Allen and the Bills. He has said Allen is imo the 3rd best Qb behind Mahomes and Burrow and I see Burrow falling quickly. 

I hate Nick, and I hate agreeing with Nick, but I agree with all of them here, except Josh not being an accurate thrower. 

3 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

Shakir always impresses me. I think he is good, and I think our offense is decent. It's just that I am embarrassed and sad for our QB, in his 7th year, that this is the team being put out with him. That he still has a head coach that doesn't seem to fully have his trust, and a solid defense to help him out. I just don't think this team does enough to make his life easier. Quite the contrary, they are asking even more from him this season, and I was hoping we could gradually pull away from that. He has to be Superman for the team to win games, and put his body on the line. I can't see him doing this for 17 more games. I am tired.

We allocate money to the defense because if your defense sucks, you have very little chance to win the SB.  I too, wish that we had invested more into WR.  Yet somehow, you are a dismal pillar of pain, while I’m still as enthusiastic as ever. We have the best player in the world and we can win a SB every season because of that fact. 

We’ve been contenders for 4 seasons.  In 3 of those seasons, we were beaten by a dynasty team that rolls through everyone almost every postseason.  It’s not as if we’re doing things wrong. We’ve been beaten the the better (and luckier):team.  A transition season is inevitable for every team with stud QBs getting paid.  They didn’t do it the way you would’ve done it-  hence your aura of pessimism and sadness 

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why do he have Miami ranked over the Bills?

Diggs, Davis, Morse, Poyer, Hyde, Floyd, Milano….

From his perspective, this team is basically without 30% of its starters from last year and lost its most productive pass rusher. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We allocate money to the defense because if your defense sucks, you have very little chance to win the SB.  I too, wish that we had invested more into WR.  Yet somehow, you are a dismal pillar of pain, while I’m still as enthusiastic as ever. We have the best player in the world and we can win a SB every season because of that fact. 

We’ve been contenders for 4 seasons.  In 3 of those seasons, we were beaten by a dynasty team that rolls through everyone almost every postseason.  It’s not as if we’re doing things wrong. We’ve been beaten the the better (and luckier):team.  A transition season is inevitable for every team with stud QBs getting paid.  They didn’t do it the way you would’ve done it-  hence your aura of pessimism and sadness 

I mean, it's not THAT serious. I want The Bills to win, and to have a loaded team, but I have my own other problems that make this not that big of a deal in the big scope of things. Not saying that applies to just me, we all have our things going on.

I know that we have been contenders, and have, imho, the 2nd best QB in the NFL. I say it often. Usually over here I find myself defending him, which is ridiculous. My aura of sadness is that I feel this team slipping away, with other teams emerging in the AFC, while not having gone to a Super Bowl. I know we may never get to a Super Bowl, I just hoped in the Josh Allen era, while we have this guy on our team, we would give him a team where he doesn't have to be the hero of the hour. I am not even just counting this year. I look back to prior years, 2020 the offense was explosive, but the defense was pretty weak. 2021 I think our defense was ranked 1 in DVOA, yet to me they felt like paper tigers against good to great offenses(Tennessee, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, could not stop the Patriots run game in the Snow Globe game, could not stop the Chiefs in 13 seconds). I will give the 2022 Bills grace, a lot of crap went down that year, along with injuries. Last year was a lot like the 2021 year, and ended that way, again with a lot of injuries.

So yes, I am happy Josh Allen is our QB, and I did not go into this season with huge expectations, at all. I am ending this conversation because I really don't feel like arguing or feeling like I have to be on the defensive over some opinions I have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

Shakir always impresses me. I think he is good, and I think our offense is decent. It's just that I am embarrassed and sad for our QB, in his 7th year, that this is the team being put out with him. That he still has a head coach that doesn't seem to fully have his trust, and a solid defense to help him out. I just don't think this team does enough to make his life easier. Quite the contrary, they are asking even more from him this season, and I was hoping we could gradually pull away from that. He has to be Superman for the team to win games, and put his body on the line. I can't see him doing this for 17 more games. I am tired.

Eric Moulds is Shakir's mentor and he makes sure his protegee is prepared to play so he is a lot more professional than some other 3rd year players.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

It's hard to watch, and if you dare bring it up people get defensive or respond with laughing or eyeroll emoji's, which is why I usually steer clear of discussing it. I understand it is a rebuilding year, but right now the difference feels too extreme. I hate that he is now 28 years old and in his 7th year it's a "rebuild" year, and again it's all on his shoulders. If we had some SB wins or even appearances in the mix, maybe this wouldn't feel so bad. As it is, I feel like this team is becoming further irrelevant compared to other AFC teams, outside of the QB keeping them in the mix. A QB that sustains injuries more and more over the years, going into game 2 with one, and thinking about someone like Andrew Luck and what all those hits did to his body and led him to retire at 29 years old.

I'm not saying The Bills can't win or make the playoffs this year, maybe they will, and I have no problem eating crow and them proving me wrong. I hope I am wrong. I just feel aggravated about the state of this team right now.

Jesus. Just endless nonsense. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

Maybe I am proven wrong, and I would be very happy to be proven wrong, but imho, as of now, the 2024 Buffalo Bills are a one man show.

Josh was excellent on Sunday but it was one of the least "superman" games he has played in 2 years IMO. He ran in two touchdowns - one was a called run, the other was Josh being Josh seeing an opportunity and taking off. Personally I don't think you will EVER take that out of him. You could have Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss at wide receiver and if Josh saw an opportunity inside the 10 to run to the redzone and leap over a defender he'd do it. So I think his play style can lead to people feeling like he is "asked" to be Superman more than he is. The only other play, except for the touchdown runs, where I think you can justifiably say "the Bills were asking Josh to be Superman" on Sunday was early 3rd quarter the escape to his right and throw on the run to James Cook. And you know who Josh Allen blamed for that play when he spoke to the media yesterday? Himself. He said he and McGovern blew the communication on the protection that led to a rusher coming free in his face and him having to bail the pocket and find his check down. Otherwise in the passing game on Sunday the Bills protected really well and they had lots of open receivers on the film too (certainly more than in many games last year). Did the defense suck first half? Yes. Did the special teams blow a punt return right at the point when it looked like the offense had put the game away? Yes. And generally is this team going to need Josh Allen to play well most of the year to win games? Yes. But I don't think the offense was anything like a one man show on Sunday. I thought the gameplan was good and the guys around Josh executed really well too. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

💃

My opinions, and I don't think McDermott trusts him that much. He punts the ball away often, instead of allowing Josh to go for it and try and get a first down. He did it in the Eagles game last season, despite Josh the season before throwing an absolute dart to Diggs with 20 seconds on the clock. Last week he did not allow Josh to try and get the first down and went for a field goal instead. Obviously it worked out in the end, but to me it comes off as a lack of trust. I felt like last weeks game was very similar to the Chiefs playoff game, which again, felt to me like they were scared of what Josh might do and had him be conservative. When we were down by a good amount last week, then they unleashed him.

Oh and yes, I am tired. It's an emotional rollercoaster and I feel like this team is not helping their QB out enough. It's my opinion.

You need some perspective, dude.   Your complaints are those of a fan spoiled by the Bills being in the playoffs 5 of the last 6 seasons.   Maybe you're too young to remember the "bad old days" or maybe you've forgotten the misery of rooting for a perennial bottom feeder.  The current Bills situation beats the crap out of tailgating being the best part of home games and the punter being the team's only Pro Bowler and watching the best Bills players playing in the playoffs for other teams.   I'm never going to complain about being on this ride.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Brand J said:

In my opinion Bills Mafia should take control of that narrative and have some fun with it. Every time Josh scores a TD, they should erupt with “overrated! *clap* *clap* *clap* *clapclap* overrated!”

I think that this would be absolutely amazing at homegames!  LOL!  I think we tell Josh (mafia) and its his chant from now on - he would have fun with it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

I think tomorrow will be a true test. I for one am not feeling good about it. Miami has an explosive offense with a lot of speed, that it's hard to think Buffalo, given how they looked last week, will be able to stop them. Given that we have so many young guys on the defense, I would not be surprised if we end up getting a million flags. I hope I am wrong about all this, of course. Moestert is out and Achane will be a gtd, so that might help our defense a little. My personal opinion is we will have to win a shootout.

That's completely fair, but the Phishy defense isn't as good as it used to be and you know how Josh has used and abused Ramsey throughout their games. My concern is being able to stop their running game because I think the Achane injury report is some sort of fake out by McDaniel and I think he will definitely start. 

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

That's completely fair, but the Phishy defense isn't as good as it used to be and you know how Josh has used and abused Ramsey throughout their games. My concern is being able to stop their running game because I think the Achane injury report is some sort of fake out by McDaniel and I think he will definitely start. 

But Mostert is out, so they won't have that dynamic 1-2 punch.

10 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Humans don’t understand the world through rational facts. They understand their world through stories. Once one is told, it becomes gospel truth and it’s almost impossible to move people from it. 

I'm experiencing just that in regards to the condition of Key Bank Center. Ever since John Vogl of the Athletic wrote about finding broken cupholders and cracks in the floor, there is this narrative that KBC has never been updated in 28 years and is in the verge of collapse. 

I had an argument with someone on Twitter/X who believed just that, and would not accept the fact the building had 6 or 7 renovations since opening and is going through one right now. It's true that KBC is dated when compared to newer and fancier arenas but it's not falling down. I think it's an extension of frustration over the Sabres and Terry Pegula,who is "the worst owner in history and needs to sell the team!!!" Of course they don't have an answer when it's pointed out Terry also owns the Bills and Bandits, which are pretty successful franchises.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

I mean, it's not THAT serious. I want The Bills to win, and to have a loaded team, but I have my own other problems that make this not that big of a deal in the big scope of things. Not saying that applies to just me, we all have our things going on.

I know that we have been contenders, and have, imho, the 2nd best QB in the NFL. I say it often. Usually over here I find myself defending him, which is ridiculous. My aura of sadness is that I feel this team slipping away, with other teams emerging in the AFC, while not having gone to a Super Bowl. I know we may never get to a Super Bowl, I just hoped in the Josh Allen era, while we have this guy on our team, we would give him a team where he doesn't have to be the hero of the hour. I am not even just counting this year. I look back to prior years, 2020 the offense was explosive, but the defense was pretty weak. 2021 I think our defense was ranked 1 in DVOA, yet to me they felt like paper tigers against good to great offenses(Tennessee, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, could not stop the Patriots run game in the Snow Globe game, could not stop the Chiefs in 13 seconds). I will give the 2022 Bills grace, a lot of crap went down that year, along with injuries. Last year was a lot like the 2021 year, and ended that way, again with a lot of injuries.

So yes, I am happy Josh Allen is our QB, and I did not go into this season with huge expectations, at all. I am ending this conversation because I really don't feel like arguing or feeling like I have to be on the defensive over some opinions I have.

No you really aren’t wrong against an offense with a pulse they struggle particularly against the run. They have run up their numbers on rookies, journeymen, and backup QBs. 
  The Leslie Frasier years were some of the worst defensive play calling you’d ever wanna see in big games. The Bengals playoff game alone…the Bengals had 30 first downs.  
  So no you aren’t wrong but hopefully Bobby Babich does better tonight is another chance to see what he can do. 

• Disagree 1