Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

8 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Cowterd didn't have the Bills in his top 10 hierarchy 

He probably just hasn't been saying much of anything at all about Buffalo, either. It's how he operates. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Buffalo beats the Fins this weekend and Josh looks like a stud he suddenly leaps them not only into the top 10 but the top 5

On 9/9/2024 at 7:55 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Josh is the only player on Mahomes level in the NFL.  It's been a pleasure watching him play.

Josh cannot be on Mahomes level until he has public snit fit about a valid penalty because they got away with it many times before although not as grievously AND get new endorsement deals.  

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Cowterd didn't have the Bills in his top 10 hierarchy 

As of now I don't feel they deserve to be. The only player putting this team on the map and giving them a chance is QB1(maybe Rousseau will continue his leap), and as per usual, he is being failed by this organization YET again. I was very impressed by him Sunday, but not the team as a whole. I am honestly scared we may be on the receiving end of a blowout tomorrow. 

Maybe I am proven wrong, and I would be very happy to be proven wrong, but imho, as of now, the 2024 Buffalo Bills are a one man show.

Edited by ALG1130
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

As of now I don't feel they deserve to be. The only player putting this team on the map and giving them a chance is QB1(maybe Rousseau will continue his leap), and as per usual, he is being failed by this organization YET again. I was very impressed by him Sunday, but not the team as a whole. I am honestly scared we may be on the receiving end of a blowout tomorrow. 

Maybe I am proven wrong, and I would be very happy to be proven wrong, but imho, as of now, the 2024 Buffalo Bills are a one man show.

Shakir's effort and Touchdown didn't impress you?

14 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Shakir's effort and Touchdown didn't impress you?

Shakir always impresses me. I think he is good, and I think our offense is decent. It's just that I am embarrassed and sad for our QB, in his 7th year, that this is the team being put out with him. That he still has a head coach that doesn't seem to fully have his trust, and a solid defense to help him out. I just don't think this team does enough to make his life easier. Quite the contrary, they are asking even more from him this season, and I was hoping we could gradually pull away from that. He has to be Superman for the team to win games, and put his body on the line. I can't see him doing this for 17 more games. I am tired.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

Shakir always impresses me. I think he is good, and I think our offense is decent. It's just that I am embarrassed and sad for our QB, in his 7th year, that this is the team being put out with him. That he still has a head coach that doesn't seem to fully have his trust, and a solid defense to help him out. I just don't think this team does enough to make his life easier. Quite the contrary, they are asking even more from him this season, and I was hoping we could gradually pull away from that. He has to be Superman for the team to win games, and put his body on the line. I can't see him doing this for 17 more games. I am tired.

This, by all accounts, is a rebuilding year. We had to get away from Diggs and the aging veterans. Josh's prime will be for more than just 2024. Next year this roster will be vastly different, and you won't be able to use the 2024 narrative for 2025. 

18 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

9 different players caught a ball, Cook hit the holes with pop, purpose & yardage.

Josh's 2 running TD's were Josh's judgement, not a play call. How is that putting it on Josh?

Forcing the ball to Diggs & designed QB runs for JA was putting it on Josh. It's early, but so far like Josh said everybody will eat, so far so good. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

This is absolutely a legitimate concern. Playing like he did last week every single game is not sustainable for the future. He IS going to get hurt. He IS going to wear down physically. They have been running him balls-to-the-wall for a few years now because he'd prefer to allocate resources to the defense, and it's only a matter of time before we look up and realize that Allen is completely spent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

41 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

What?  These statements are dumbfounding.  McD has too much trust in him, otherwise he wouldn’t allow him to put his body on the line the way he does.  McD understands that he can (and must) talk to Josh about protecting himself but the worst thing he could do is to demand he stop playing the only way he knows how.

I guarantee you Josh doesn’t feel sorry for himself or bemoan the team he is playing with.  We have a beast at QB who is always going to lay it on the line to get the W.

I don’t understand why fans don’t realize this and can’t simply enjoy what we have.  It’s a hell of a lot of fun it you let it be.

Tired?  Dude, perhaps you should find a different hobby.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, T.E. said:

This is absolutely a legitimate concern. Playing like he did last week every single game is not sustainable for the future. He IS going to get hurt. He IS going to wear down physically. They have been running him balls-to-the-wall for a few years now because he'd prefer to allocate resources to the defense, and it's only a matter of time before we look up and realize that Allen is completely spent.

It's hard to watch, and if you dare bring it up people get defensive or respond with laughing or eyeroll emoji's, which is why I usually steer clear of discussing it. I understand it is a rebuilding year, but right now the difference feels too extreme. I hate that he is now 28 years old and in his 7th year it's a "rebuild" year, and again it's all on his shoulders. If we had some SB wins or even appearances in the mix, maybe this wouldn't feel so bad. As it is, I feel like this team is becoming further irrelevant compared to other AFC teams, outside of the QB keeping them in the mix. A QB that sustains injuries more and more over the years, going into game 2 with one, and thinking about someone like Andrew Luck and what all those hits did to his body and led him to retire at 29 years old.

I'm not saying The Bills can't win or make the playoffs this year, maybe they will, and I have no problem eating crow and them proving me wrong. I hope I am wrong. I just feel aggravated about the state of this team right now.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, eball said:

What?  These statements are dumbfounding.  McD has too much trust in him, otherwise he wouldn’t allow him to put his body on the line the way he does.  McD understands that he can (and must) talk to Josh about protecting himself but the worst thing he could do is to demand he stop playing the only way he knows how.

I guarantee you Josh doesn’t feel sorry for himself or bemoan the team he is playing with.  We have a beast at QB who is always going to lay it on the line to get the W.

I don’t understand why fans don’t realize this and can’t simply enjoy what we have.  It’s a hell of a lot of fun it you let it be.

Tired?  Dude, perhaps you should find a different hobby.

💃

My opinions, and I don't think McDermott trusts him that much. He punts the ball away often, instead of allowing Josh to go for it and try and get a first down. He did it in the Eagles game last season, despite Josh the season before throwing an absolute dart to Diggs with 20 seconds on the clock. Last week he did not allow Josh to try and get the first down and went for a field goal instead. Obviously it worked out in the end, but to me it comes off as a lack of trust. I felt like last weeks game was very similar to the Chiefs playoff game, which again, felt to me like they were scared of what Josh might do and had him be conservative. When we were down by a good amount last week, then they unleashed him.

Oh and yes, I am tired. It's an emotional rollercoaster and I feel like this team is not helping their QB out enough. It's my opinion.

I really think this segment was the most interesting First Thing's First Bills segment I've ever seen -

The whole thing is about the Bills, but I started at the 8:00 minute mark because that's where they ask how concerning Allen's injury is. And the way the discussion unfolds talking about what Allen's asked to do & how he plays was very fascinating to listen to.

Everyone gives him tons of praise, but they bounce around ideas on why he's more physical than some other running QBs, how he may be going into the season thinking "I'm going to take over," or even bring up that Mahomes has Reid dialing up plays that can protect him, while Josh may not. 

As much as we all dislike Nick Wright, I make it a point to listen to people I don't agree with. But I've always respected Broussard, and it's interesting to hear all 3 of them discuss Allen in this way.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I really think this segment was the most interesting First Thing's First Bills segment I've ever seen -

The whole thing is about the Bills, but I started at the 8:00 minute mark because that's where they ask how concerning Allen's injury is. And the way the discussion unfolds talking about what Allen's asked to do & how he plays was very fascinating to listen to.

Everyone gives him tons of praise, but they bounce around ideas on why he's more physical than some other running QBs, how he may be going into the season thinking "I'm going to take over," or even bring up that Mahomes has Reid dialing up plays that can protect him, while Josh may not. 

As much as we all dislike Nick Wright, I make it a point to listen to people I don't agree with. But I've always respected Broussard, and it's interesting to hear all 3 of them discuss Allen in this way.

I was not happy with their mischaracterization of our defense, which held Murray to just 3 points in the second half, and the idea that Josh has to put the team on his back and play Superman... they obviously ignored the effectiveness of our run game with balance and the fact that Josh makes the decision to take off and run, not Brady as a game plan.

37 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Ironically: Nick Wright has been the most optimistic about Allen and the Bills. He has said Allen is imo the 3rd best Qb behind Mahomes and Burrow and I see Burrow falling quickly. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I was not happy with their mischaracterization of our defense, which held Murray to just 3 points in the second half, and the idea that Josh has to put the team on his back and play Superman... they obviously ignored the effectiveness of our run game with balance and the fact that Josh makes the decision to take off and run, not Brady as a game plan.

I think tomorrow will be a true test. I for one am not feeling good about it. Miami has an explosive offense with a lot of speed, that it's hard to think Buffalo, given how they looked last week, will be able to stop them. Given that we have so many young guys on the defense, I would not be surprised if we end up getting a million flags. I hope I am wrong about all this, of course. Moestert is out and Achane will be a gtd, so that might help our defense a little. My personal opinion is we will have to win a shootout.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ALG1130 said:

💃

My opinions, and I don't think McDermott trusts him that much. He punts the ball away often, instead of allowing Josh to go for it and try and get a first down. He did it in the Eagles game last season, despite Josh the season before throwing an absolute dart to Diggs with 20 seconds on the clock. Last week he did not allow Josh to try and get the first down and went for a field goal instead. Obviously it worked out in the end, but to me it comes off as a lack of trust. I felt like last weeks game was very similar to the Chiefs playoff game, which again, felt to me like they were scared of what Josh might do and had him be conservative. When we were down by a good amount last week, then they unleashed him.

Oh and yes, I am tired. It's an emotional rollercoaster and I feel like this team is not helping their QB out enough. It's my opinion.

McD is one of the most aggressive 4th down coaches in the league; look it up. Did I want them to go for it in the 4th rather than kick the FG? Yes! But then I thought about it, and a team trying to come back down 3 vs down 6 is a significant difference. It’s not a “he doesn’t trust him” moment.  His job is to win games. 

As for KC, the Bills played better on offense against the Chiefs than any other team KC played.  They weren’t “conservative.” 

It’s not a rebuilding year, it’s a transition year away from older players who couldn’t get it done. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

Be sad.  Have fun.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

The last time this team lost by more than 6 points(and 6 points only happened once in an OT loss to the Eagles) was 42 games ago, an all time NFL record. Step away from the ledge.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

Sean McDermott is one of the coaches who goes for it on 4th down the most frequently in the NFL. The only year he has not been one of the more aggressive coaches on 4th down was his first season here as HC. So maybe your 'feelings' are more about emotions than what is actually happening.

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1