Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

10 minutes ago, ganesh said:

fair enough.  Teams always play to their players strengths...Miami and Tua are no different. It just was not their day.

It never is against the Bills or other good teams. When do the excuses stop?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tua under McDaniels is the most recent version of Jared Goff under McVey.

So long as the coach and the scheme do all the processing for him, he's amazing.

When the system runs perfectly, he's perfect.

When the League caught on, and started running bracket coverage on whoever is in motion and press-man everywhere else, the system falls apart.

Then because Tua is the golden child, and Miami has about a billion dollars locked up in WRs, they MUST try to throw their way out of the jam. Against mediocre teams, they can. Against everyone else, they can't.

• Like (+1) 3

Since I know anything with Nick Wright will be moved here, I'll just post it here for yall to watch.

This is the first time ever I've heard him be DEAD SERIOUS about praising the Bills, even going so far as to say -

"I would like to amend what I said yesterday - that there's only 1 good team in the league. I think there's two. It's not an overreaction to say the Bills look like one of the two best teams in the league. It's not an overreaction to say they have the 2nd best QB in football. And much like when the Chiefs traded away Tyreek Hill, coming off back-to-back devastating playoff losses (blowout in the Super-Bowl, heart-breaker to Cincinnati) and the Bills trade away Stefon Diggs, coming off getting blown out by the Bengals & a heart-breaker to Kansas City, sometimes a great player at that position can raise the water of everyone else."

Such character growth! 😂

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Since I know anything with Nick Wright will be moved here, I'll just post it here for yall to watch.

This is the first time ever I've heard him be DEAD SERIOUS about praising the Bills, even going so far as to say -

"I would like to amend what I said yesterday - that there's only 1 good team in the league. I think there's two. It's not an overreaction to say the Bills look like one of the two best teams in the league. It's not an overreaction to say they have the 2nd best QB in football. And much like when the Chiefs traded away Tyreek Hill, coming off back-to-back devastating playoff losses (blowout in the Super-Bowl, heart-breaker to Cincinnati) and the Bills trade away Stefon Diggs, coming off getting blown out by the Bengals & a heart-breaker to Kansas City, sometimes a great player at that position can raise the water of everyone else."

Such character growth! 😂

I've never understood the level of hate that most have for Wright.  As a Chiefs "homer" he certainly overrates them at times(most of the time) and he sometimes is antagonistic for media intrigue.  I find both of these annoying, but I would likely to do the same (with Bills) in his spot.  However, the guy is an absurd sports nerd.  I find I agree with most of his non-antagonistic takes and usually learn something about what is happening in the league now or historically.  He does his research and always had data driven reasoning.  I don't always agree with him, but he's not the same dummy that many others in the media are.  Honestly, I'm surprised he stays on First Things First when he pretty clearly researches, comprehends, and analyzes on a level beyond his colleagues.  I'd like to see him in a different setting where he doesn't have to add theatrics for ratings.

Edited by Rew
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Rew said:

I've never understood the level of hate that most have for Wright.  As a Chiefs "homer" he certainly overrates them at times(most of the time) and he sometimes is antagonistic for media intrigue.  I find both of these annoying, but I would likely to do the same (with Bills) in his spot.  However, the guy is an absurd sports nerd.  I find I agree with most of his non-antagonistic takes and usually learn something about what is happening in the league now or historically.  He does his research and always had data driven reasoning.  I don't always agree with him, but he's not the same dummy that many others in the media are.  Honestly, I'm surprised he stays on First Things First when he pretty clearly researches, comprehends, and analyzes on a level beyond his colleagues.  I'd like to see him in a different setting where he doesn't have to add theatrics for ratings.

I totally agree, though I do enjoy some of the theatrics on First Thing's First, which is the reason I still keep watching.

If you want to see him outside that setting, he has a talk show/podcast with another guy & posts videos on YouTube where they talk about a few subjects around the league each episode. He's way more measured in his takes, and you're 100% accurate in describing how much research he does & how much data he brings along to conversations. It's why despite his reputation for Bills hate, he was saying early this summer that he ranks Josh ahead of Lamar despite the 2 x MVPs.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Such character growth! 😂

Do we like Nick Wright now?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 9/20/2024 at 8:44 AM, Big Turk said:

It never is against the Bills or other good teams. When do the excuses stop?

Honestly it’s getting ridiculous…i don’t understand how McDaniel doesn’t get torched by the media.  The guy cannot beat a good team and it’s not like they’re losing shootouts consistently.  Frequently their offense looks completely anemic against good teams 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Honestly it’s getting ridiculous…i don’t understand how McDaniel doesn’t get torched by the media.  The guy cannot beat a good team and it’s not like they’re losing shootouts consistently.  Frequently their offense looks completely anemic against good teams 

The media will always praise and over-hype Miami because they all want to be sent there "on assignment".

I had a comment/mini-rant that I wanted to make regarding the media. It may get lost in here, but didn't think it deserved a full thread.

I absolutely love that Josh is finally starting to get all-around recognition as at least one of the top two QBs in the league (if not #1). I saw pre-season QB rankings that had him as low as #6. I don't think it has ever taken another elite player this long to be accepted as such. It is strange the grudge that so many held against such a good guy and great player for so long---for no apparent reason other than what, they wanted their pre-draft predictions about him to be true? Silly. 

BUT...and this isn't everyone of course, but now I hear so many talking heads saying look Josh is doing it all on his own, with no talent around him. Which is such a slight to the rest of this team. So, before it was Josh was only good because of Stefon...and now it's Josh is doing it on his own with no help because he has finally matured or something (as if he hasn't been playing lights out for like 4-5 years already). Did they actually watch Monday night? Josh was electric, yes...but that was also one of the best team wins I have seen, well, at least since the Miami game the week before.

Are we really going to look back in a couple of years and say Cook, Shakir, Kincaid, and Coleman were not talented...or were only 2nd or 3rd tier talent (couldn't start elsewhere in the league)? And the rest of the guys are no schlubs either (or lacking talent, as it were): Samuel, Knox, Davis, Johnson, Hollins, MVS. Plus we have an excellent O-line, a defense playing lights out right now (with a number of backups in), and a coaching staff dialing it all up. 

I know some of them are just saying it to kind of lift Josh up higher, or prove how good he is, but I think it is such a slight to the other guys on the team and shows how little they actually know about the league they are commenting on. 

We are actually a very-talented overall team, with a lot of depth, even if our players are not household names yet. Why can't the media acknowledge that the way they do for other very good teams with top-tier QBs. 

"Josh will never be good." "Josh is only good because of his weapons." "Josh is a turnover machine" "Josh is winning it all by himself with no talent around him." Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong. Yes, it is a quarterback-driven league...but you don't play like the Bills have these first three weeks with an elite QB, but no talent around him. Just ask Aaron Rodgers (he has a 4-win season, three 6-win seasons and an 8-win season in his career) or Drew Brees (a 2-win season, five 7-win seasons, and two 8-win seasons). It doesn't have to be one way or the other. Every elite Super Bowl QB had a very talented team around them (or they wouldn't have made it to and won the SB). It doesn't take away from Josh to say so. And just because Josh is an alien-unicorn-dog beast and does everything at a high level, doesn't mean he's doing it all on his own. Josh is just that good. He would be doing the same whether on a talented team or the worst team in the league. 

I assume the media will catch on as the season goes. I have heard a number of them talk up Shakir and Brady's coaching already. But, yeah, this is a very good---and talented--- Bills team. Probably the most talented overall in the McDermott/Beane/Allen era.

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

First things first.  Nick Wright is still an idiot.  Anyone who publishes ever that Trevor Lawrence is better than Josh Allen (which he did a year ago) has zero credibility left.   It's on the same level of stupid as Colin Cowherd who called Josh a system QB despite having 3 OCs in his career while saying Burrow and Mahomes aren't system QBs when they have played under the same coaches their entire careers.   

Now watching all these same idiots jumping on the bandwagon is equally annoying.  

Beane has done a masterful job turning over the roster to get younger and cheaper, getting out of cap hell (which he created) while actually increasing the team's talent even if that talent is a little raw.  The biggest change is Beane was realizing that he couldn't keep putting band-aids on his roster holes.  He also starting drafting offensive weapons early in the draft.  Not surprisingly, the offense is now centered around those draftee.  Way to go Beane, not Josh go keep it going.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Do we like Nick Wright now?

No, but I’ll give the guy credit for being smart enough to know that if he continues to call them overrated after what they are doing to teams he’ll look like even more of a moron.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

No, but I’ll give the guy credit for being smart enough to know that if he continues to call them overrated after what they are doing to teams he’ll look like even more of a moron.

Thank you for adding the word "moreon" to my vocabulary :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Rew said:

It's his nose... wait, actually it's his greasy hair... no... no, I think it's probably his voice... hold on, I remember what it was... it was his constant sh!tting on Allen early in Allen's career until it finally became painfully obvious he was wrong and he had to change his tune or risk being known as nothing more than a deliberately obtuse contrarian ass on the subject.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2024 at 7:05 PM, Rew said:

He does 90% of the talking on that show. Wildes & Brou are lucky to get a sentence in after he's sucked the oxygen out of the room. He has lately finally admitted that the Bills & Josh are both #2 in the league. And hearing that from him after he lost his Pinto Ron bet with Cowherd is quite remarkable.  

On 9/24/2024 at 10:05 PM, Rew said:

He does his research and always had data driven reasoning.  I don't always agree with him, but he's not the same dummy that many others in the media are.  Honestly, I'm surprised he stays on First Things First when he pretty clearly researches, comprehends, and analyzes on a level beyond his colleagues.  I'd like to see him in a different setting where he doesn't have to add theatrics for ratings.

Agree he's not one of the dummies you see everywhere on national platforms just spouting The Narrative, but I would take the "data-driven reasoning" with a grain of salt. For instance, he sneered at the Bills' fast start in 2022, calling them "Mr. September," ignoring the glaring fact that they had the best December record over the previous five years. None of his chums corrected him, of course, even with all the data in front of them and producers in their earpieces.

No, now that The Narrative has his precious Patrick Mahomes ensconced as the best quarterback in the league, he's fine with dispensing favors to the underlings who once threatened that crown.