Top 5 QBs

RuntheDamnBall

Since we're all arguing about how Brady is or isn't top 5, who is?:

I'd take:

1) Favre till the day he retires

2) McNabb

3) Culpepper - huge and he can run, when coached well he's got it

4) McNair

5) TIE: Brady, hate to say it. BUT, I think Pennington has got everything Brady's got besides the support network, and thus, the hardware.

Hasselbeck is on the verge of something good, too. I see the 'Hawks in the NFC championship game. Jury's out on Vick.

FINALLY someone recognizes the ACTUAL best QB in football......I wonder how long it will take some moron to bring up his interception last year now....no matter, you got it right - Favre rules.

Guest Guest_dan_*

Are you serious?!?

First, you forget Manning. Second, Pennigton is not even in the same class as Brady. And Culpepper... ? please, without Moss he's average at best.

I think too many people let their personal feelings cloud good judgment. Look at Brady's stats, his W/L record, his Superbowl record - anyway you slice it Brady is currently one of the best QB's in the game. He's currently one of the top 2 or 3, period.

And by the way, Favre was definitely a great QB; but is he currently one of the best in the game? I think that's definitely debateable.

I swear I think I'm the only person alive who thinks that for the last 5 years that Favre is grossly overrated.

26125[/snapback]

You can say that, but he does a hell of a lot (and always has) without top-flight receivers, and there is never a moment on the field where it doesn't look like Favre is in charge. If he were cut tomorrow the Bills would be absolute fools not to sign him.

As for Manning, yeah, shouldn't have left him out.

Are you serious?!?

First, you forget Manning.  Second, Pennigton is not even in the same class as Brady.  And Culpepper... ?  please, without Moss he's average at best.

I think too many people let their personal feelings cloud good judgment.  Look at Brady's stats, his W/L record, his Superbowl record - anyway you slice it Brady is currently one of the best QB's in the game.  He's currently one of the top 2 or 3, period.

And by the way, Favre was definitely a great QB; but is he currently one of the best in the game?  I think that's definitely debateable.

26133[/snapback]

In the words of the Dude, that's like, your opinion, man. Montana is nothing without Rice. Brady is nothing without his system. Most of these guys are nothing without the coaching, the opportunity, and the right moment at the right time. What's your point? Favre has been consistently excellent, and watching him last year he still had the touch, and still plays with the fire he had in his mid-20s. I'd take him over Brady because he's been good over multiple coaches and systems, with often limited personnel. Brady has nothing to prove to me, he has two rings and MVP trophies. BUT, I think Pennington has the same capacity for quick decision making, fired-up leadership and awareness of the field that Brady has. Plug him in to that team and I think he succeeds as easily as Brady.

Fire away.

Could you imagine if Moss was on the Colts? I think Harrison is a stud, but Moss is in a league by himself.......Manning to Moss would be unstoppable.

1) Manning (MVP last year folks, and had a pretty damn good game yesterday) Before last nights sack at the end, no one would leave him off a top 5 list.

2) McNair

3) McNabb

4) Tom Brady

5) Delhomme (if anyone else saw him throw a football last night from about 30 yards out into a trash can, you'd know why he made this list)... oh, that, and the whole SB thing.

Could you imagine if Moss was on the Colts? I think Harrison is a stud, but Moss is in a league by himself.......Manning to Moss would be unstoppable.

26176[/snapback]

It's not Moss. It's not Harrison. It wasn't Montana. It wasn't Unitas. It wasn't Kelly. It wasn't Elway.

IT WAS THE SYSTEM!!!!! :)

Right, RunTheBall?

I'm with you there. The only QB more overrated is Manning.

26182[/snapback]

The ballwashing Favre gets from Peter King (among others) is sickening.

If Drew is The Cerebral Statue, and Peyton is Tin Man-ning, Favre has GOT to be BrettNeck (as in Redneck)

It's not Moss.  It's not Harrison.  It wasn't Montana.  It wasn't Unitas.  It wasn't Kelly.  It wasn't Elway.

IT WAS THE SYSTEM!!!!!    :)

Right, Coach Chuck?

26186[/snapback]

What the hell difference does it make? If you lost Brady and someone else stepped in and performed capably and the Pats got the same results, you'd be crowing about Belicheck's genius. Are you intimating that Belicheck / Weis are overrated and it's Brady that's the man?

Again, Favre definitely is the man.

What the hell difference does it make?  If you lost Brady and someone else stepped in and performed capably and the Pats got the same results, you'd be crowing about Belicheck's genius.  Are you intimating that Belicheck / Weis are overrated and it's Brady that's the man?

Again, Favre definitely is the man.

26196[/snapback]

Charlie Weis should have been flogged for his shameful playcalling last night.