Are your roads clean?

Mowers 'hit them, they explode'

In April, Colorado increased its "human waste" fine from $40 to $500. Transportation employees convinced lawmakers of the need for the drastic increase with their tales of finding urine jugs as they mowed roadway ditches. "We hit them, they explode. The operator ends up wearing this stuff," Randy Dobyns told state senators.

:doh:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7912464

I wish them luck in finding the perpetrators. Another law that is unenforcable but by gosh shows that the sponsor is on our side and remember that come

Tuesday... :lol:

BTW, I went to my local grocery store this morning, and there was a flattened "Summer's Eve" cardboard package in the lot, next where I parked. :)

FWIW, normal urine is sterile.

Normal urine is sterile. A urinary tract infection (UTI) occurs when microorganisms, usually bacteria from the digestive tract, cling to the opening of the urethra and begin to multiply, according to the National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases.

Many infections are caused by one type of bacteria, Escherichia coli.

Not everyone with a UTI has symptoms, but most infections have at least some. These may include a frequent urge to urinate or a painful, burning feeling in the area of the bladder or urethra during urination. It is not unusual to feel tired and washed out, or to feel pain even when not urinating.

urine in the news

There you go, so to speak.

More fun facts about urine...

Fun urine stuff

In northern Scandanavia, Laplanders consume a hallucinogenic mushroom called amanita muscaria, also know as Fly Agaric.  The mushroom's hallucinogenic compound "muscanol" is excreted in the urine intact.  When the mushroom is in short supply, people who have consumed the mushroom will urinate into a pot.  Someone without any mushrooms can then drink the urine and experience the same effects.

Far out.

Isn't cryptosporidium hominus detectable in human urine, the item that killed 40 or so in Milwaukee several years ago?

349886[/snapback]

I think it's an intestinal parasite. I'll take a quick look-see.

Edit...Its a waterborne pathogen, an enteric protozoan that infects the GI tract to be exact. Pretty neat.

I think it's an intestinal parasite.  I'll take a quick look-see.

Edit...Its a waterborne pathogen, an enteric protozoan that infects the GI tract  to be exact.  Pretty neat.

349890[/snapback]

So if it's in the GI tract, I'd guess it can make it's way into the urinary. IIRC, the bug is a pretty hardy customer.

So if it's in the GI tract, I'd guess it can make it's way into the urinary.  IIRC, the bug is a pretty hardy customer.

349898[/snapback]

Seems like it's primarily spread via diarrhea, and can survive quite well on it's own in water, as you said. It's on a list of potential biological agents, as well.

67 feces covered items....now that's gross.

What saves these guys more time. Pulling into a rest area to poop or pulling over on the side of the road to wipe their arses with old t-shirts because they sharted themselves from NOT pulling into a rest stop?