What do you all think of games being canceled?

Miyagi-Do Karate

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

We have seen now three NFL games that have been canceled recently. The Bills/Bengals game due to Damar’s injury. And then two preseason games where a player suffered potentially serious injuries where stretchers were called. 

what are your thoughts on this?

I definitely get the cancelation of the Bills/Bengals game, since that was so unprecedented and really a life or death situation.

I am less sure how I feel about the other games, and I wonder whether we will see more of these team-initiated cancelations during the regular season. There are obviously major scheduling impacts, but also there is some real decency and humanity to halting games when someone gets seriously injured. Pretty tricky situation.

Remember the Romans vs the lions or the Gladiators?   Drag ‘’em off and throw someone else in there.

14 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I never understood that quote.  If he thinks humans should not play it, why is he making a career in it?  

It pays well.

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Remember the Romans vs the lions or the Gladiators?   Drag ‘’em off and throw someone else in there.

Good god.  How old are you?

Whenever someone needs life saving measures on the field like Hamlin did, obviously the game should not go on. Seeing a teammate or opposing player die on the field is not what these players signed up for.

Now, here’s where I am going to sound insensitive.

When it is a spinal or head injury, players are very aware that these are much more common and they all have accepted that as a possible fate of their playing football. The game should go on in those cases.

Pre-season? Don’t care if they cancel those games with nobody being hurt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.