Republican debate GDT

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So the real question for Vivek is: why on earth would we vote for you instead of Trump? I heard nothing to separate him from Trump other than "I'm younger."

As the surprising rising star of the Republican Party, he's about to get a lot of light shined on his past.

His history as an investor is fair game. And yes, he did support Martin Shkreli, the pharma bro. Take a close look at what that guy did, exploiting loopholes in the regulatory system and jacking up drug prices for ordinary people. Some illegal things, some legal but not exactly honorable things.

Honor is not an important attribute to most MAGAs

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I doubt "The Left" is saying "You must be a Christian to lead our nation." 

They are saying you are a lying pharma bro masquerading as a pseudo-Christian.

Frank? Now you’re REALLY getting out there this morning I doubt there’s even a handful of Republican voters that believe he’s a Christian. Come on! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I doubt "The Left" is saying "You must be a Christian to lead our nation." 

They are saying you are a lying pharma bro masquerading as a pseudo-Christian.

on the left saying one has faith, is an instant point against.

since we are both tossing out strawmen.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Frank? Now you’re REALLY getting out there this morning I doubt there’s even a handful of Republican voters that believe he’s a Christian. Come on! 

So why is he saying this "God" stuff more than anyone other than Mike Pence (say what you will about him, he is obviously a true believer).

It's ok to be in a political debate without bringing up God ... you brought it up Vivek. Maybe it's fair to ask "what do you mean?" "What is your religious faith/tradition?" "How does it fit within the Judeo-Christian background of our founders?"

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

So why is he saying this "God" stuff more than anyone other than Mike Pence (say what you will about him, he is obviously a true believer).

It's ok to be in a political debate without bringing up God ... you brought it up Vivek. Maybe it's fair to ask "what do you mean?" "What is your religious faith/tradition?" "How does it fit within the Judeo-Christian background of our founders?"

I’m sorry but your bias is showing here this morning. I didn’t hear it that way AT ALL. Obviously Pence used the language way way too much, but I think second place would go to Tim Scott there. I simply didn’t get that impression from Ramaswamy. Maybe I missed it.

PS: It was still a train wreck! 😉

• Agree 1

Thanks Frank.  I wasn't aware of this.  He's a real sweetheart....Shkreli's quotes here are golden.  Sure Vivek, is out to help the little guy by helping to illegally raise drug prices to ridiculous levels

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/23/vivek-ramaswamy-martin-shkreli-pharma-00098338

“What was Martin Shkreli really guilty of?” Ramaswamy wrote. “Why did the DOJ go after him so hard, when it lets others quietly get away with much worse? … [W]hom did Shkreli hurt? The people he was convicted for defrauding all ended up richer. The people who used Daraprim didn’t pay more for it; the cost was split up across the whole health insurance system.”

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

damn. this country is full of people that left their home country due to religious persecution.   

Even those Judeo-Christian group you mention, has a crap load of sub sects.

And interesting the only ones that seem to care, are the lefties on here.

Now its onto the next hit piece topic.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

damn. this country is full of people that left their home country due to religious persecution.   

Even those Judeo-Christian group you mention, has a crap load of sub sects.

So maybe he should call himself an asylum seeker! I hear that’s really popular with those on the Left! 😂

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I loved his civics test requirement to vote tho.  Maybe knowing what a brahmin is should also be a requirement...

Yeah, we have a delightful storied history in America with literacy and civics tests to qualify to vote.

https://americanhistory.si.edu/democracy-exhibition/vote-voice/keeping-vote/state-rules-federal-rules/literacy-tests

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I just assume Vivek is running for VP.

He provides no reason for voting for him instead of Trump other than "I'm young"

And of course he won't say anything remotely contrary to Trump

Just now, Chris farley said:

it's worth mentioning again. the farm is attacking the person that polled the highest, for his personal religion.

The gods only know where they'll go next.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, we have a delightful storied history in America with literacy and civics tests to qualify to vote.

https://americanhistory.si.edu/democracy-exhibition/vote-voice/keeping-vote/state-rules-federal-rules/literacy-tests

Yes.  But now the shoe is on the other foot.  It would hurt the current R party much more than the current D, imo.  not gonna happen tho.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I just assume Vivek is running for VP.

He provides no reason for voting for him instead of Trump other than "I'm young"

And of course he won't say anything remotely contrary to Trump

The gods only know where they'll go next.

Damn, did he wear a tan suit as well?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I actually think the civics test idea would be really good for the country. The challenge would be coming up with the appropriate questions. Now THAT would make a great thread on here! A welcome respite from today’s religious hate speech. 

He suggested the test for citizenship that he and his parents had to pass.  Sounds good to me.

• Disagree 1