Hawaii fires - Asia pacific leader: “water requires true conversations about equity”

• Big Blitz changed the title to Hawaii fires - Asia pacific leader: “water requires true conversations about equity”
1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

If Trump were President during this tragedy and neglect, or if any high ranking Hawaiian official were Republican, this story would run nonstop in the media and they be labeled mass murderers.

Our President literally said “no comment”.   Barely a peep from traditional media. 

We’d have a repeat of the “I really don’t care, do you” dialogue on steroids if that was Trump. 

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Our President literally said “no comment”.   Barely a peep from traditional media. 

We’d have a repeat of the “I really don’t care, do you” dialogue on steroids if that was Trump. 

This story never sees the light of day on any networks and other major news outlets.

Unless its a flip-flop from an incompetent idealistic official's inaction causing hundreds of avoidable deaths to a victim story of criticism based on bias and racism.  It's all so predictable.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

If Trump were President during this tragedy and neglect, or if any high ranking Hawaiian official were Republican, this story would run nonstop in the media and they be labeled mass murderers.

Spot on.  

But let’s indict him 87 times and pretend it’s the biggest news event in human history - it is up there if looked at properly tho.  That the president of a formerly free country is trying to have his opposition jailed at worst, or deemed unelectable because suburban wine moms can’t stand the non stop loop of Trump news no one cares about. 

Hawaii is set on fire and then left to burn - this is Hurricane Katrina level horrific only worse.  

Not a peep from State Run media.   

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What are you talking about it's all over the news.

How it’s framed - it’s purely a “this is tragic.  So sad.”  Of course it is.  

So was Katrina - a hurricane Bush should have stopped.  A hurricane that was caused by my SUV.  

There will be ZERO serious investigation into what went wrong in Hawaii.  More time will be spent figuring out how the guy that supposedly tried to overthrow the US government and an election, is still free and running for the same position 3 years later.  

This country is a joke filled with cowards and morons - confirmed with its response to Covid.  It nods along to all things evil Orange man does and cares not one lick about actual problems that are only going to lead to a logical conclusion that’s the destruction of this Country.  

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

How it’s framed - it’s purely a “this is tragic.  So sad.”  Of course it is.  

So was Katrina - a hurricane Bush should have stopped.  A hurricane that was caused by my SUV.  

There will be ZERO serious investigation into what went wrong in Hawaii.  More time will be spent figuring out how the guy that supposedly tried to overthrow the US government and an election, is still free and running for the same position 3 years later.  

This country is a joke filled with cowards and morons - confirmed with its response to Covid.  It nods along to all things evil Orange man does and cares not one lick about actual problems that are only going to lead to a logical conclusion that’s the destruction of this Country.  

No they've also been talking about the seeming compounding failures that have made this worse and the need for more information on it. Obviously a big focus is on the human tragedy part too right now, but I mean of course it is that's still ongoing with all those people displaced.

I’m sure Hawaii officials will study this disaster inside out to make sure it doesn’t repeat in the future. It seems likely that it was multiple bad factors happening together to create the firestorm of death. 

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Biden, when asked to comment on Maui: "No Comment" and "No"'

Joe's keepers have him on a 3 syllable limit when commenting spontaneusly or unrehearsed, which he blunders and butchers either way.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1