Madden 06 Team Ratings - Bills 11/16 in AFC

Ratings

Bills are 78 Overall... 70 on Offense... 95 on Defense (2nd best D in the AFC and NFL behind Pats)

Guess they don't have much faith in either our O-Line or JP... I can't see WM, LE, EM rated below 85.

Ratings

Bills are 78 Overall... 70 on Offense... 95 on Defense (2nd best D in the AFC and NFL behind Pats)

Guess they don't have much faith in either our O-Line or JP... I can't see WM, LE, EM rated below 85.

349296[/snapback]

Besides, didn't we finish 11th out of 16 last year? That's all these (quote) "ratings" are anyway.

Ever listen to the "Madden Minute" on the radio? "What do you think of the Indy 500, John? Well you got all those really fast cars...and the go around in a circle...and they make a lot of noise...and this year there's a woman...and it happens every year...and what was the question?"

PTR

The same rating as the Cards and Lions???? Lower than the Rams, Bungles, Houston, and Oakland???

I feel ripped off.

The Browns have an overall rating of 61 though. Thats hilarious, that has to be the lowest rated team ever in any version of madden.

Speaking of Madden, as in Madden 2005, has anyone had any problems with a glitch in the instant replay/challenge feature? On Monday, I was playing the Super Bowl for the 2010 season in the franchise mode. I was trying to win my 5th Bills superbowl in 6 years with the Bills (lost one to the Vikings!) aganst the Bears. It was my most challanging season yet. Salary cap and retirement had watered my roster down from a peak of 93, to 84. I still had all of the key guys (Losman, McGahee, Evans, etc.) but about halfway through the season, I lost Losman, McGahee, London Fletcher and a receiver named Omar Duff (Offensive player of the the year in 2009) for the rest of the season, in the course of 2 games (weeks 9 & 10). I had to go with Chad Hutchinson and a running back named Jermain Baker the rest of the way. I went from averaging 34 points a game, to scoring about 21.

Anyways, I get all the way to the Super Bowl, and had to hang on to my life against the Bears. I am winning 31 to 27, with just over 3 minutes left on the clock. The Bears QB (Grossman) goes back on 4th and 11, from his own 49, and throws a bomb to the endzone. The receiver cathces it, but appeared to be out of bounce in the back of the endzone. I challanged the play, and the computer reviews it, and says that, yes, the receiver was out of bounce. After the ruling, the computer says the Bears turn the ball over on downs, but keeps the friggin TD on the scoreboard! So, even though the td was not supposed to count, I am now down 34-31! I was pissed. Oh well, I thought, at least I get the ball back. You guessed it, I drive the ball down to around the Bears 22, and shank a 39 yard field goal which would have tied the game. It is right up there in with "Wide right!" and "No Goal!" in my fantasy scenario!

I had something similar happen once before, in a regular season game, some time ago. Anyone else run into this glitch!

The same rating as the Cards and Lions???? Lower than the Rams, Bungles, Houston, and Oakland???

I feel ripped off.

The Browns have an overall rating of 61 though. Thats hilarious, that has to be the lowest rated team ever in any version of madden.

349328[/snapback]

i think the rams and raiders offenses are definitely more potent than ours. Th raiders have randy moss, jerry porter and lamont jordan, the rams are proven with tory holt, issac bruce, marc bulger, and young running back steven jackson. Our offense has a lot of talent, but hasnt done anything yet.

Ratings

349296[/snapback]

when is this game coming out does anyone know?

Madden Rating and the game itself=RJ

College Football 06!!!!!!!!!!!

349333[/snapback]

so many people i know are into the college football games, i was just wondering, what is it that you find more enjoyable in the college games than madden?

From what i have heard, if you are going to buy one or the other, NCAA is the way to go this year (at least until next-gen comes out). I am disappointed in the ratings because i always like playing with the Bills, and i like to have a good team that has stars i can utilize. I don't want JP to be terrible if in real life he is the real deal... I like my experience to be as authentic as possible.

From what i have heard, if you are going to buy one or the other, NCAA is the way to go this year (at least until next-gen comes out).  I am disappointed in the ratings because i always like playing with the Bills, and i like to have a good team that has stars i can utilize.  I don't want JP to be terrible if in real life he is the real deal... I like my experience to be as authentic as possible.

349371[/snapback]

Well, that is the beauty of Madden. The better you play, the better the players become...at least in the franchise mode. When I started playing the 2005 game, I used Bledsoe for a season. "He" was awful, as was I. I traded him to the 49'ers for Tim Rattay. I then went with Losman, who if I remember correctly, had a rating of about 72. Bledsoe was an 88! In the computer simulation, Bledsoe led the 49'ers to the Super Bowl, and was the leauge MVP. I struggled with Losman, but eventually started getting the hang of things (always in the "All Madden" mode). Now, 7 years into my franchise, a bunch of Super Bowls and Pro Bowls later, JP has a 99 ranking!

Incidently, don't get too turned off by the team power rankings. If it is true that the Browns are ranked at 61, then the folks at Madden are likely using a different measuring method than previously. If I am not mistaken, in the 2005 game, franchise mode, the Cardinals were the worst team, and they had somewhere around an 80 ranking. I remember scrolling through all before starting my first season, the lowest was an 80 or 82, the highest was a 93!

EBGames.com

Madden NFL 06

Platform: PC

Pre-Order: Ships on 8/8/2005

Gamestop

Madden NFL 2006

Platform: PC

Pre-Release 8/9/2005

Best Buy

Madden NFL 2006

Platform: Xbox

Release Date: 08/03/2005

Speaking of Madden, as in Madden 2005, has anyone had any problems with a glitch in the instant replay/challenge feature?  On Monday, I was playing the Super Bowl for the 2010 season in the franchise mode.  I was trying to win my 5th Bills superbowl in 6 years with the Bills (lost one to the Vikings!) aganst the Bears.  It was my most challanging season yet.  Salary cap and retirement had watered my roster down from a peak of 93, to 84.  I still had all of the key guys (Losman, McGahee, Evans, etc.) but about halfway through the season, I lost Losman, McGahee, London Fletcher and a receiver named Omar Duff (Offensive player of the the year in 2009) for the rest of the season, in the course of 2 games (weeks 9 & 10).  I had to go with Chad Hutchinson and a running back named Jermain Baker the rest of the way.  I went from averaging 34 points a game, to scoring about 21. 

Anyways, I get all the way to the Super Bowl, and had to hang on to my life against the Bears.  I am winning 31 to 27, with just over 3 minutes left on the clock.  The Bears QB (Grossman) goes back on 4th and 11, from his own 49, and throws a bomb to the endzone.  The receiver cathces it, but appeared to be out of bounce in the back of the endzone.  I challanged the play, and the computer reviews it, and says that, yes, the receiver was out of bounce.  After the ruling, the computer says the Bears turn the ball over on downs, but keeps the friggin TD on the scoreboard!  So, even though the td was not supposed to count, I am now down 34-31!  I was pissed.  Oh well, I thought, at least I get the ball back.  You guessed it, I drive the ball down to around the Bears 22, and shank a 39 yard field goal which would have tied the game.  It is right up there in with "Wide right!" and "No Goal!" in my fantasy scenario! 

I had something similar happen once before, in a regular season game, some time ago.  Anyone else run into this glitch!

349331[/snapback]

I had something similar happen...it was fourth down for the computer, and they completed a pass for the 1st down that was clearly out of bounds...so i challenge it, and the call gets overturned, and it should be my ball, right?

No, the screen comes up, and the computer had the ball at the same spot as they did on the 4th down, but it says 1st and 10 for them...wtf?

I had something similar happen...it was fourth down for the computer, and they completed a pass for the 1st down that was clearly out of bounds...so i challenge it, and the call gets overturned, and it should be my ball, right?

No, the screen comes up, and the computer had the ball at the same spot as they did on the 4th down, but it says 1st and 10 for them...wtf?

349513[/snapback]

Just give it to 'em.

The strangest thing that happened to me in Madden 2005 was that Trent Green went down with a career ending injury, and Todd Collins stepped in to be the League MVP in 14 games, while being voted to the Pro Bowl and going to the AFC Championship game.

I am just frustrated with the rankings for when i play against my buddies, i always used to play with the Eagles (back in 2001), but converted to the Bills because Bledsoe had a cannon. Just sort of wish i could compete with my Bills against my buddies that will cheat and be the Pats, or the Raiders (this year). Hopefully the passing cone will even the playing field.