Read this in two different places today

JoeF

1.  We have seen Drew's best and it isn't good enough

2.  From what we can see so far our O Line is not substantially better then last year

3.  The OC wants to run more creative plays that rely on a mobile QB...which isn't Drew Bledsoe

4.  In all likelyhood Kelly Holcomb wouldn't have come here to play backup to Drew....as Drew is extremely durable and has to be "the one"

5.  We might be able to actually have some plays break down...AND STILL TURN INTO SOMETHING POSITIVE

6.  Drew cost WAY too much for what he was giving us

349078[/snapback]

John, I never thought about #4, and must say that it is a possibility and an original idea, as compared to the usual "I hate Drew" posts. :D

I don't know if I'd say that.  Big Mike is already in-shape, and along with Villarrial and Teague, has a year under McNally's tutelage.  And Bennie Anderson will be a much better LG than what the Bills had there last year, and that will help-out Teague, and whoever becomes the starting LT.  So from LG to RT, the Bills HAVE gotten better.  Now it's a matter of finding a LT who won't get JP killed. :D

349084[/snapback]

I am hoping for all that as well MBD.....it is just that we haven't actually seen it yet.

I am hoping for all that as well MBD.....it is just that we haven't actually seen it yet.

True we haven't seen it, but since the the center, RG, and RT positions are being manned by the same people as last year, one of them is in much better shape well BEFORE training camp, and all 3 have had a year under McNally, I think improvement there is a given. And I wasn't too high on Tucker/Smith last year, and BA is a devastating run blocker, so at least in that department the Bills have upgraded as well. The problem is that LT COULD blow the whole thing.

2.  From what we can see so far our O Line is not substantially better then last year

349078[/snapback]

what exactly have we SEEN? we've seen JJ leave. but we haven't seen one single down of football. we haven't seen the bills sign a "big name."

what do we KNOW? we know that SF overpaid for JJ -- a player who was solid but unspectacular (when he wasn't injured). we know that mcnally is considered one of the top 5 OL coaches in the league. we know that all of the returning lineman have a year of mcnally's coaching under their belts. we know that the second year of an offensive system "should" bring improvement over the first.

honestly, with what we KNOW, compared to what we've SEEN -- i'd suggest just the opposite of what you wrote. i think we have every reason to believe that the OL WILL be substantially better than last year.

It's really funny how people point to articles (that are just as lame as this one) that state what a good job JPL is doing watching film, or that a certain player or group of players didn't want to play with DB anymore, and start chanting, "See!  DB SUCKED!  That's why we're going with JPL!!!!  He rocks!"  Yet if another article says something to the contrary, we hear, "This article is worthless!  It doesn't mean anything!!!!!"

Umm, both sets of articles are pretty worthless...  Why the double standard?

CW

348234[/snapback]

Fezmid mentioning Drew?! What a shock! :lol::w00t:

Give it up Chris, Drew is gone, and he sucks.

We, as  Bills fans, obviously need to be realistic about having a second year QB running the team.  Its been played a million times that JP is taking basically his first real NFL snaps and there isn't a great track record of success for guys in JP's position. 

348088[/snapback]

You are 100 % correct. J.P. is a complete unknown and hasn't proven anything at this point. Still, He wasn't drafted in the first round for the hell of it. He showed some ability at the College level to make positive plays and I will put my faith in the opinion of Sam Wyche over any ill-informed,wannabe scout from here. Thank God the Bills aquired Kelly Holcomb as a proven, solid backup. The position as a whole has been upgraded.

Quoting ProFootballTalk is the equivilant of quoting Weekly World News. Zero credibility and tabloid journalism. Rumors are a fun read but usually are baseless.

Drew Bledsoe is now a Dallas Cowboy and I wish him luck. I'm concentrating on the 2005 Buffalo Bills season and I have confidence in the Bills coaches to identify what's best for each position, including QB. Cutting Bledsoe speaks for itself.

what exactly have we SEEN?  we've seen JJ leave.  but we haven't seen one single down of football.  we haven't seen the bills sign a "big name."

what do we KNOW?  we know that SF overpaid for JJ -- a player who was solid but unspectacular (when he wasn't injured).  we know that mcnally is considered one of the top 5 OL coaches in the league.  we know that all of the returning lineman have a year of mcnally's coaching under their belts.  we know that the second year of an offensive system "should" bring improvement over the first.

honestly, with what we KNOW, compared to what we've SEEN -- i'd suggest just the opposite of what you wrote.  i think we have every reason to believe that the OL WILL be substantially better than last year.

349185[/snapback]

What keeps me up at night is that as "unspectacular" as JJ was, he was the best lineman we had. That would mean that all the rest are less than unspectacular.

Yikes.

You are 100 % correct. J.P. is a complete unknown and hasn't proven anything at this point. Still, He wasn't drafted in the first round for the hell of it. He showed some ability at the College level to make positive plays and I will put my faith in the opinion of Sam Wyche over any ill-informed,wannabe scout from here. Thank God the Bills aquired Kelly Holcomb as a proven, solid backup. The position as a whole has been upgraded.

Quoting ProFootballTalk is the equivilant of quoting Weekly World News. Zero credibility and tabloid journalism. Rumors are a fun read but usually are baseless.

Drew Bledsoe is now a Dallas Cowboy and I wish him luck. I'm concentrating on the 2005 Buffalo Bills season and I have confidence in the Bills coaches to identify what's best for each position, including QB. Cutting Bledsoe speaks for itself.

349396[/snapback]

JP is our guy now and there is no choice but to hope for the best. Undeniably, there will be an awful lot of excitement come opening day with a new sheriff in town that will last as long as he plays well.

That being said, there is no way to avoid comparing how Drew does in Dallas and how JP fares here. If Drew lights it up down there and JP starts laying eggs, there will be lots of criticism of the decision to let Drew go. Its unavoidable and not entirely unfair. By the same token, if Drew plays bad and JP lights it up, there will be lots of praise for TD and company for making the switch. Justly so.

I don't know if I'd say that.  Big Mike is already in-shape, and along with Villarrial and Teague, has a year under McNally's tutelage.  And Bennie Anderson will be a much better LG than what the Bills had there last year, and that will help-out Teague, and whoever becomes the starting LT.  So from LG to RT, the Bills HAVE gotten better.  Now it's a matter of finding a LT who won't get JP killed. :lol:

349084[/snapback]

Very well said.