Read this in two different places today

JoeF

Here's today's beauty......

SOME BILLS THOUGHT BLEDSOE SHOULD STAY

We're hearing that there was a difference of opinion in the Buffalo front office regarding whether to give former starting quarterback Drew Bledsoe the hook after the 2004 season.

Geez Mike I certainly hope that there was some debate. Isn't there debate on almost every personnel decision. I hope we pay Modrak, Guy, the scouts, the assistant coaches to do more than be yes men....

It was, we're told, a move made by G.M. Tom Donahoe and coach Mike Mularkey, and that not all members of the front office wanted to yank him. The thinking was that Bledsoe can still throw, and that the team's offensive line generally sucked during his tenure.

Wow--now there is something that hasn't been written before. You are a regular Geraldo. Next stop for you is Osama's cave to tell us that he intends to harm the US and our interests. Stop the presses.

We're also hearing that there are concerns as to whether the successor to Bledsoe, J.P. Losman, will pan out. Per one source, it's a 50-50 proposition at best as to whether he'll make it. Even if he does, he might only be "adequate at best" as a starting quarterback.

Let's see 50/50--that is better odds than let's say 75% of the QB's drafted in the first round. I'll take those odds--Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller...just to name a few....

Another brilliant article by Mike...thanks so much for your insightful reporting. I am blown away by these shocking revelations

It was, we're told, a move made by G.M. Tom Donahoe and coach Mike Mularkey, and that not all members of the front office wanted to yank him.  [/i]

348069[/snapback]

LOL! Who else in the front office really matters as long as the head coach and the GM are on the same page! :doh:

Florio's site is a crock. KFFL has everything he has, without all the BS commentary.

We're also hearing that there are concerns as to whether the successor to Bledsoe, J.P. Losman, will pan out.  Per one source, it's a 50-50 proposition at best as to whether he'll make it.  Even if he does, he might only be "adequate at best" as a starting quarterback.

Hmmm, the old "50-50" thing, like with the weather: "it might rain or it might not." Way to go out on a limb. Must be using VA's buddy for this nugget.

We, as Bills fans, obviously need to be realistic about having a second year QB running the team. Its been played a million times that JP is taking basically his first real NFL snaps and there isn't a great track record of success for guys in JP's position.

This continual coverage of how hard he is working is getting a little tired. He is being paid a lot to play the most important position on the team--he better be bolted to that chair in the film room and he better be lifting and running every day and working with his receivers--that's a minimum expectation.

Also, the coverage of his inexperience is also a bit overboard...how many times can it be written that the Bills are taking a risk here..and how many NFL teams take risk with personnel--maybe 32 a year. Granted, not all at the QB position--but let's hope this risk is more Tom Brady than Ryan Leaf....

What Florio tries to pass as "breaking news" here is a joke. Unfortunately, its more often than not what he posts on his site. Everytime he comes up with a nugget that is true, he kills it by posting 100 other blindingly obvious or just plain made up things.

Oh well, the wonders of the 'net--got to take the good with the bad.

THIS JUST IN!

Every single rookie drafted this year by the Bills either WIll or WILL NOT become successful in the NFL.

Inside sources report this has become a trend at One Bills Drive since Tom Donahoe took over as General Manager.

As one other Buffalo sportswriter put it, (smug sneer) "Why couldnt they be more like the Patriots? Why wont they accept me? Why did they flick me in the back of the head in Science Class? They're doooomed and I cant wait."

This should confirm Tom Donahoe as Evil Incarnate.

Another news flash ... the O-line hasn't been improved enough to make an immobile pocket QB successful. And, BTW, Kelly Holcomb is no slouch and can come off the bench to salvage a game if JP starts stinking things up. And, BTW, our defense is still going to be pretty good and will erase some JP mistakes as they did with DB.

It's really funny how people point to articles (that are just as lame as this one) that state what a good job JPL is doing watching film, or that a certain player or group of players didn't want to play with DB anymore, and start chanting, "See! DB SUCKED! That's why we're going with JPL!!!! He rocks!" Yet if another article says something to the contrary, we hear, "This article is worthless! It doesn't mean anything!!!!!"

Umm, both sets of articles are pretty worthless... Why the double standard?

CW

Because Florio, in all likelihood, makes his "sources" up and/or talks to the guy who does the Bills laundry.  :rolleyes:

348250[/snapback]

Not defending Florio, but the guy/girl who does the Bills laundry probably knows more than anyone on this board. Assuming he/she is a football fan of course.

Not defending Florio, but the guy/girl who does the Bills laundry probably knows more than anyone on this board. Assuming he/she is a football fan of course.

348252[/snapback]

Vera's dry cleaning in Hamburg used to have the Bills contract, I believe. I doubt they knew much more than who smelled the worst... :rolleyes:

Vera's dry cleaning in Hamburg used to have the Bills contract, I believe.  I doubt they knew much more than who smelled the worst... :rolleyes:

348257[/snapback]

Hmm...according to Eddie Abramoski's book "Tale of the Tape" he was in charge of doing their laundry for many years. He didn't say it in the book, but my guess is that Fred Smerlas had the stinkiest cloths! :ph34r:

SOME BILLS THOUGHT BLEDSOE SHOULD STAY

We're hearing that there was a difference of opinion in the Buffalo front office regarding whether to give former starting quarterback Drew Bledsoe the hook after the 2004 season. 

It was, we're told, a move made by G.M. Tom Donahoe and coach Mike Mularkey, and that not all members of the front office wanted to yank him.  The thinking was that Bledsoe can still throw, and that the team's offensive line generally sucked during his tenure.

We're also hearing that there are concerns as to whether the successor to Bledsoe, J.P. Losman, will pan out.  Per one source, it's a 50-50 proposition at best as to whether he'll make it.  Even if he does, he might only be "adequate at best" as a starting quarterback.

Not sure at this point I really agree, becuase our line is going to be even worse it looks like right now. Bledsoe can't work under that much pressure.

>>>>We're also hearing that there are concerns as to whether the successor to Bledsoe, J.P. Losman, will pan out. Per one source, it's a 50-50 proposition at best as to whether he'll make it. Even if he does, he might only be "adequate at best" as a starting quarterback.<<<<

This should come as NO surprise to any reasonable fan. Of course ANY rookie qb has a good chance of not being able to compete against the best football players in the entire world!

This does NOT mean that I think the kid cannot play. I simply have no idea, and neither does anybody else.

We had better hope that he CAN play because lots of our best players are not all that young, and there is little time to lose if we are going to make a run.

Hmm...according to Eddie Abramoski's book "Tale of the Tape" he was in charge of doing their laundry for many years.  He didn't say it in the book, but my guess is that Fred Smerlas had the stinkiest cloths! :D

348315[/snapback]

There's a shocker. Big hairy guy stinks when sweating.

1. We have seen Drew's best and it isn't good enough

2. From what we can see so far our O Line is not substantially better then last year

3. The OC wants to run more creative plays that rely on a mobile QB...which isn't Drew Bledsoe

4. In all likelyhood Kelly Holcomb wouldn't have come here to play backup to Drew....as Drew is extremely durable and has to be "the one"

5. We might be able to actually have some plays break down...AND STILL TURN INTO SOMETHING POSITIVE

6. Drew cost WAY too much for what he was giving us

2.  From what we can see so far our O Line is not substantially better then last year

I don't know if I'd say that. Big Mike is already in-shape, and along with Villarrial and Teague, has a year under McNally's tutelage. And Bennie Anderson will be a much better LG than what the Bills had there last year, and that will help-out Teague, and whoever becomes the starting LT. So from LG to RT, the Bills HAVE gotten better. Now it's a matter of finding a LT who won't get JP killed. :D