Bledsoe on Parcells

Here is quote from Drew regarding his reuniting with Bill.

"A lot of times when I was young, he would stand right behind me when I'd drop back to throw. He was yelling in my ear," Bledsoe said. "It was to the point that I couldn't wait until Sunday so I could get out on the field and get away from him."

I hate to break this to you Drew but if Bill were still on the field on Sunday you still could not get away from him.

He could do a better job at hiding though. Its one thing for him when he is the sole focus of Parcells attention as he was in practice versus gameday when reality forces eveyone to recognize the QB is merely just a cog in the wheel and not even the primary focus for winning the game when the D or ST is on the field.

Also, there is a difference between having the prime focus on the practice field yelling "just throw the damn ball" at you when you go into your familiar pat-pat-pat-sack than having him as one very loud voice among 70,000 screaming fans.

I can certainly see how Sundays became a plesant day off for Bledsoe. However, as when Parcells HC'ed a Bledsoe QB'ed team to the SB it was all the yelling during the week which got the team there.

The MM alarm clock played a riole in almost getting the Bills to the playoffs (though ultimately it was the inability for Bledsoe to play well enough to overcome the deficit of the D allowing a scrub to rush for over 100 yards, Lindell missing a chip shot, and nate Clements giveth but Nate Clements taketh away which were the reversals MM woulda/coulda/shoulda done to make the outcome different last year.

The irony here is that if getting older makes it easier for Bledsoe to let go and not try to do things he is not capable (and never has been) of doing, then the 'Boys may actually do a lot better this year.

He could do a better job at hiding though. Its one thing for him when he is the sole focus of Parcells attention as he was in practice versus gameday when reality forces eveyone to recognize the QB is merely just a cog in the wheel and not even the primary focus for winning the game when the D or ST is on the field.

Also, there is a difference between having the prime focus on the practice field yelling "just throw the damn ball" at you when you go into your familiar pat-pat-pat-sack than having him as one very loud voice among 70,000 screaming fans.

I can certainly see how Sundays became a plesant day off for Bledsoe. However, as when Parcells HC'ed a Bledsoe QB'ed team to the SB it was all the yelling during the week which got the team there.

The MM alarm clock played a riole in almost getting the Bills to the playoffs (though ultimately it was the inability for Bledsoe to play well enough to overcome the deficit of the D allowing a scrub to rush for over 100 yards, Lindell missing a chip shot, and nate Clements giveth but Nate Clements taketh away which were the reversals MM woulda/coulda/shoulda done to make the outcome different last year.

The irony here is that if getting older makes it easier for Bledsoe to let go and not try to do things he is not capable (and never has been) of doing, then the 'Boys may actually do a lot better this year.

348775[/snapback]

I've seen this movie already. :D The rise and fall of DB.

Drew can't wait to show how wrong the Bills were for dumping him...I'm still waiting for him to show how wrong the Pats were!

PTR

348826[/snapback]

At last, someone said it... :D