Senator Tuberville Holding Up Military Appointments

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Republicans hate the military and want to sabotage our power abroad. Sad! Voters will remember how they left us naked. 

Most of the military ranks have been staffed by conservatives until recently.  But lately enlistments and re-ups have fallen.

Why should they fight and die for liberal leadership that calls them extremists?  And frankly hates and looks down upon people that value virtues such as patriotism and honor.

And while the idea of following trans Generals into combat may appeal to the social justice crowd, which obviously would never consider military service, most people that formed the core of what used to be the world's most effective fighting force have decided to pass on that opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Democrats really are concerned about the military. 😂

Biden nominates first woman to lead U.S. Navy despite Secretary of Defense's recommendation

Joe Biden denied Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s recommendation for acting chief of the US Navy. Instead of Austin’s recommendation, Adm. Samuel Paparo – the current commander of the Navy’s Pacific Fleet, Biden chose to nominate Adm. Lisa Franchetti to lead the Navy.

Shocker, I know, that Biden would ignore advice from the military leadership and go his own way. We all remember the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The report from the investigation into that horrible time showed that Biden did not take the advice of military leaders and advisers and thirteen American military service members were killed. Hundreds of Afghans were injured during the terrorist attack on the final day of evacuation. Tuesday is the second anniversary of that day.

Franchetti will make history as the first woman to serve on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Joe Biden is obsessed with identity politics and that is a detriment to the administration.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/08/15/biden-nominates-first-woman-to-lead-u-s-navy-despite-secretary-of-defenses-recommendation-n571392

WOMEN BAD 

MEN GOOD

WOMEN BAD

MEN GOOD

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Most of the military ranks have been staffed by conservatives until recently.  But lately enlistments and re-ups have fallen.

Why should they fight and die for liberal leadership that calls them extremists?  And frankly hates and looks down upon people that value virtues such as patriotism and honor.

And while the idea of following trans Generals into combat may appeal to the social justice crowd, which obviously would never consider military service, most people that formed the core of what used to be the world's most effective fighting force have decided to pass on that opportunity.

Are you a Russian bot or something? 

On 8/16/2023 at 8:33 AM, Roundybout said:

On 8/16/2023 at 9:04 AM, Tiberius said:

Why I think Tuberville is right to use his power to block military appointments

DAVID STROM

FTA:

The issue at stake is simple: the Biden Administration has chosen to use Department of Defense funds to fly servicemembers from states that restrict abortions to ones that permit it should they choose to have an abortion. This is direct taxpayer funding of abortions–at significant expense–and that is something to which Tuberville objects.

The hold is not complete or even difficult to get around. All Tuberville is doing is not giving the standard unanimous consent for appointments, meaning that the Senate could still hold votes on the appointments and the promotions could still go forward. Nobody doubts that the votes would succeed and the appointments be made.

There is no threat to military readiness necessary; the Democrat majority in the Senate has simply dug in its heels as deeply as Tuberville has.

Senator Tuberville is getting enormous pressure to relent, with a growing backlog of promotions and appointments piling up. Fellow conservatives have joined Democrats in the pressure, noting that Tuberville is mucking up the works in the military to make his stand on abortion.

Yeah, except. The same is true for the Democrats and the Biden Administration. They could either hold the individual votes or drop a policy that is, after all, almost entirely made for political reasons. For decades there was a formal agreement between liberals and conservatives to avoid direct federal funding for abortion (the Hyde Amendment is an example), and the Biden Administration is shoving its support for abortion in the face of conservatives and making them pay for it.

This is a new policy. It is controversial. Republicans have every right to oppose it and use means beyond whining.

Democrats always win these arguments because they are willing to do whatever it takes to win–each government shutdown that has been blamed on Republicans is just as much the Democrats’ fault, for instance. Everybody just expects Republicans to cave to political pressure, while understanding that Democrats almost never do.

That is no reason to cave. That is the reason why we always lose these battles. In a game of chicken–which this is–both are playing. Blaming only one side for it is ridiculous.

Obviously, I would love for Biden and the Democrats to cave, but I doubt they will. On the other hand, I applaud Tuberville for taking a stand and imposing pain on the Democrats. Everybody who argues that Tuberville should just cave is also arguing that Democrats should always get their way. Why shouldn’t the Democrats–who picked this fight–be responsible for caving? Why are we conceding that Republicans are always the bad guys?

If the Democrats aren’t willing to cave on abortion, they should just hold the votes. It’s not the Republicans’ job to make their job easy. It’s not like Democrats spend a lot of time making life easy for Republicans.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/08/18/why-i-think-tuberville-is-right-to-use-his-power-to-block-military-appointments-n571903

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DAVID STROM

FTA:

The issue at stake is simple: the Biden Administration has chosen to use Department of Defense funds to fly servicemembers from states that restrict abortions to ones that permit it should they choose to have an abortion. This is direct taxpayer funding of abortions–at significant expense–and that is something to which Tuberville objects.

The hold is not complete or even difficult to get around. All Tuberville is doing is not giving the standard unanimous consent for appointments, meaning that the Senate could still hold votes on the appointments and the promotions could still go forward. Nobody doubts that the votes would succeed and the appointments be made.

There is no threat to military readiness necessary; the Democrat majority in the Senate has simply dug in its heels as deeply as Tuberville has.

Senator Tuberville is getting enormous pressure to relent, with a growing backlog of promotions and appointments piling up. Fellow conservatives have joined Democrats in the pressure, noting that Tuberville is mucking up the works in the military to make his stand on abortion.

Yeah, except. The same is true for the Democrats and the Biden Administration. They could either hold the individual votes or drop a policy that is, after all, almost entirely made for political reasons. For decades there was a formal agreement between liberals and conservatives to avoid direct federal funding for abortion (the Hyde Amendment is an example), and the Biden Administration is shoving its support for abortion in the face of conservatives and making them pay for it.

This is a new policy. It is controversial. Republicans have every right to oppose it and use means beyond whining.

Democrats always win these arguments because they are willing to do whatever it takes to win–each government shutdown that has been blamed on Republicans is just as much the Democrats’ fault, for instance. Everybody just expects Republicans to cave to political pressure, while understanding that Democrats almost never do.

That is no reason to cave. That is the reason why we always lose these battles. In a game of chicken–which this is–both are playing. Blaming only one side for it is ridiculous.

Obviously, I would love for Biden and the Democrats to cave, but I doubt they will. On the other hand, I applaud Tuberville for taking a stand and imposing pain on the Democrats. Everybody who argues that Tuberville should just cave is also arguing that Democrats should always get their way. Why shouldn’t the Democrats–who picked this fight–be responsible for caving? Why are we conceding that Republicans are always the bad guys?

If the Democrats aren’t willing to cave on abortion, they should just hold the votes. It’s not the Republicans’ job to make their job easy. It’s not like Democrats spend a lot of time making life easy for Republicans.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/08/18/why-i-think-tuberville-is-right-to-use-his-power-to-block-military-appointments-n571903

Hot air loves screwing our military? Why is MAGA so intent on destroying this nation? 

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DAVID STROM

FTA:

Democrats prefer the noise

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hot air loves screwing our military? Why is MAGA so intent on destroying this nation? 

Apparently they got tired of not backing the blue following the insurrection and decided to turn on another group that risks life and limb for our country.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Apparently they got tired of not backing the blue following the insurrection and decided to turn on another group that risks life and limb for our country.  

Neither reply addressing what was said in the article.

That the democrats could resolve this anytime.

Color me shocked.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DAVID STROM

FTA:

Seems reasonably argued, but then again the author might be “a Russian agent!”.🪆🪆🪆

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, B-Man said:

Neither reply addressing what was said in the article.

That the democrats could resolve this anytime.

Color me shocked.

So could Tuberville.   And the consequence of his action puts our security at risk.  

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So could Tuberville.   And the consequence of his action puts our security at risk.  

putting non-qualified people in military leadership positions based on Race, sex, gender vs qualifications puts our security at risk.

but here you are supporting just that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

The consequence of the Biden Administration insisting on taxpayer-funded abortion on demand for military birthing people/egg-producers puts our security at risk. 

Hoax.  An appointment was made.  The Coach is blocking it for a reason unrelated to its suitability.  And there we have it.