Should Frank Reich make the Wall of Fame?

Do you think Frank Reich should eventually be enshrined into the Bills Wall of Fame? He played a huge part in the franchise making it to 4 straight Superbowls.

Who else from the early 90's squad do think will eventually make the Wall, other than the obvious team leaders?

Cornelius?

Kelso?

Henry Jones?

Phil Hanson?

Beebe?

Fina?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever hear the name Butch Byrd. Leads the team in picks and was an all star in the AFL. He's not on the Wall. Reich give me a frigging break

348552[/snapback]

I agree, I think Byrd is waaaaaay overdue.

But I also think Frank deserves to be up there...it was not just for one game, but the way he worked his entire stint in Buffalo.

i suppose if you can make it up for a single historic performance, frank deservs it...but i think bennett and hanson deserve it more.

348504[/snapback]

Reich was much more than that one game- he always played like that when given the chance. I don't think he should make the wall, but I think the 1990-1993 teams should get a collective spot on the wall. He just didnt play enough

I was a big Frank Reich fan when he was a Bill, mainly because he was such a high quality person, but I don't think he did anywhere near enough to be considered for the wall of fame.

And he's such a humble guy I doubt he'd accept that honor if it was bestowed upon him. Frank might have been a "career backup" but he also could have left the Bills for a starting job during the early 90's. He might not be wall material, but if you have sons, you want them to grow up and act like Frank Reich.

Do you think Frank Reich should eventually be enshrined into the Bills Wall of Fame? He played a huge part in the franchise making it to 4 straight Superbowls.

Who else from the early 90's squad do think will eventually make the Wall, other than the obvious team leaders?

Cornelius?

Kelso?

Henry Jones?

Phil Hanson?

Beebe?

Fina?

348497[/snapback]

It would be sentimental for Reich to go up on the Wall, but I don't think it would be right to do based on one game (however incredible that one game was :rolleyes: ). Ultimately, you just can't put a career 2nd string QB up there. Same thing with Beebe...nice player, but considered 2nd tier on those teams.

I think Phil Hansen should and will make it up there eventually...he fits the same mold as Talley, Richer, and Hull, all of whom have gone up in recent years.

Fina doesn't stand a chance in hell. A jerky personality and an incredibly mediocre career with very few highlights will keep him off. Might as well put Lonnie Johnson up there.

As much as I like Frank Reich, my answer is no. The Wall is reserved for those who changed the face of the franchise (the exception is Bob Kalsu, who was killed in Vietnam).

However, Frank Reich was an important part of those teams: besides The Comeback, he was always available as a reliever. He never sulked being behind Kelly; in fact, Reich and Jim Kelly were supposedly friends. Sure there was competition between the two, but you never heard Frank Reich complain of his backup status.

It was only when the NFL expanded that he left for the Carolina Panthers. I'm not sure someone who couldn't check his ego as much as Frank Reich did could be a backup QB...even to a Hall of Famer...for nine years. And share in the joys and sorrows of four straight Super Bowl appearances.

Regarding his personality, I don't think it's any coincidence that Reich is a devout Christian and president of the seminary he will be graduating from this weekend. He really "walks the walk", so to speak.

The NFL could definitely use about a thousand more Frank Reichs.

Mike