Dearest Cablelady

Frez

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

I like the service and dependabilty of my Time Warner Cable. I get just about every Buffalo Bills game there is during the regular season. Why would I switch?

348456[/snapback]

Answer:

When is Timewarner cable going to get the NFL Network?

Wind has no affect if mounted right. And Frez if thats all your looking for then your right. But if you ever tried the Direct Tv TIVO you would ditch Time Warner quick. And not to mention the new bird that went up recently that is adding more HD and channels soon. You just get a much wider variety of channels for just about same price.

I like the fact that my access isn't dependent on something on the roof in windy, cold Western New York.

348459[/snapback]

I have seen my brothers dish work and I have to say my cable service is much more reliable.

Wind has no affect if mounted right. And Frez if thats all your looking for then your right. But if you ever tried the Direct Tv TIVO you would ditch Time Warner quick. And not to mention the new bird that went up recently that is adding more HD and channels soon. You just get a much wider variety of channels for just about same price.

348464[/snapback]

Here comes the TV - Dish debate.

My cable bill is around 70.00 a month. I get all the HBO's,the upper tier for sports channels and all the Buffalo Bills games. I'm pretty happy with that. IF my cable goes out, and that's a big IF, because it goes out about once every two years or so Time Warner will send a repair man out on the spot to correct the problem. It don't matter if it's on the pole or if it's a splitter in my living room. Those are free service calls.

I'm very happy with them. :rolleyes:

Well your bros dish isnt mounted right or in wrong spot. My service has only been cut out for like 10 mins one time from really bad Thunder Storm. Other then that never a problem. Ive had Direct Tv since hte days of Primestar which is going on like 12 years now or so.

Well your bros dish isnt mounted right or in wrong spot. My service has only been cut out for like 10 mins one time from really bad Thunder Storm. Other then that never a problem. Ive had Direct Tv since hte days of Primestar which is going on like 12 years now or so.

348471[/snapback]

His will get fuzzy when it snows hard or we get some heavy rain. Oh and get this.............................HE don't get the LOCAL channels like I do. He has to hook up rabbit ears if he wants the local news. The Bills games are televised on the local channels here. He watches the Bills games with fuzz in the back ground!

Just curious, what's the difference between my DVR cable box and your tivo?They both record right?

What's your direct tv bills run ya's per month? Come on, sell me one this one, here's your chance! Like I said I pay about 70.00 a month.

His will get fuzzy when it snows hard or we get some heavy rain. Oh and get this.............................HE don't get the LOCAL channels like I do. He has to hook up rabbit ears if he wants the local news. The Bills games are televised on the local channels here. He watches the Bills games with fuzz in the back ground!

348474[/snapback]

Where do you live again? DirecTV has locals in almost every market in the country. Curious that he wouldn't have them...

CW

PS: Notice I'm not the one that turned it into a debate, nor am I even participating in the debate :rolleyes:

Where do you live again?  DirecTV has locals in almost every market in the country.  Curious that he wouldn't have them...

CW

PS: Notice I'm not the one that turned it into a debate, nor am I even participating in the debate  :rolleyes:

348486[/snapback]

Watertown, NY does not get local channels with the dish and I don't either here in Sackets Harbor, NY.