Our New State Laws (USA) 7/01/23

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2023/07/01/new-state-laws-target-contentious-topics-of-gender--guns-and-abortion

One small snip... which is just one of the ones I like:

By contrast, a new Florida law voids driver's licenses issued by other states to people in the country illegally. The Florida law also requires hospitals participating in Medicaid to ask patients if they are citizens and requires companies with 25 or more employees to check work eligibility or else face the loss of business licenses and fines of $1,000 per day per employee.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, T&C said:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2023/07/01/new-state-laws-target-contentious-topics-of-gender--guns-and-abortion

By contrast, a new Florida law voids driver's licenses issued by other states to people in the country illegally. The Florida law also requires hospitals participating in Medicaid to ask patients if they are citizens and requires companies with 25 or more employees to check work eligibility or else face the loss of business licenses and fines of $1,000 per day per employee.

I really don't see anything in the article that i disagree with seems pretty common sense thinking all the way around ! 

Of course there will be those groups that disagree but thats par . They need to start somewhere !! 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, T&C said:

How does this help society? 

9 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

If that is your issue can you name 3 laws recently passed by liberals that benefit the majority of our society?

So no answer? 

9 hours ago, T&C said:

How about you answer your own question? We're waiting...

No answer from you either? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Allowing good people to own guns makes criminals less powerful, that is good for society, so now you name three that are good for society from liberals?

How is denying immigrants the ability to drive helping anything? 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How is denying immigrants the ability to drive helping anything? 

He's probably too busy staring at his "We the People" forearm tattoo and wondering how this driver's license thing squares with the full faith and credit clause of the federal constitution. 

Actually, I just hoaxed myself. Like most of the dopes with said tattoo, he's more likely than not never actually read that constitution and has never heard of the full faith and credit clause. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

He's probably too busy staring at his "We the People" forearm tattoo and wondering how this driver's license thing squares with the full faith and credit clause of the federal constitution. 

Actually, I just hoaxed myself. Like most of the dopes with said tattoo, he's more likely than not never actually read that constitution and has never heard of the full faith and credit clause. 

How about the dopes that have “We the People” as their message board avatar? You know, like the one you are responding to here? 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Have you actually read the full faith and credit clause? There’s been no statement from any court saying that it applies to driver licenses. Many states do not recognize learner permits from other states. Same with professional licenses, weapon licenses, etc. 

If you find a judicial opinion to the contrary let me know but to my knowledge full faith and credit is largely for court judgments only and is narrowly interpreted by the various appellate courts. 

Edited by LeviF
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I appreciate you admitting that nothing the liberals have done improves society. 

Nice projection! You are the one admitting this law is just hate 

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Have you actually read the full faith and credit clause? There’s been no statement from any court saying that it applies to driver licenses. Many states do not recognize learner permits from other states. Same with professional licenses, weapon licenses, etc. 

If you find a judicial opinion to the contrary let me know but to my knowledge full faith and credit is largely for court judgments only and is narrowly interpreted by the various appellate courts. 

This law is just hate and on that alone it’s awful, just stupid 

• Like (+1) 1