RFK Jr.

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It’s just the “party of law and order” doesn’t want to enforce the law on the books, they want to make up their own laws.

Happened in Missouri as well with their abortion proposition.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/missouri-judge-rules-against-abortion-amendment-group-to-appeal/62090233

Limbaugh later wrote that the "unique issues involved" and the "lack of direct precedent" prevented him from ordering the amendment off the ballot immediately.

The court — a three-judge panel ruling unanimously — also told a trial judge to order the State Board of Elections to distribute ballots without Kennedy’s name on them. No legal explanation was given.

https://apnews.com/article/north-carolina-rfk-ballot-2024-appeals-court-c879337b294900f5f028add25d821cf0

Vote MAGA if you like just making up laws.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

"They believe they could start voting today but can't" and that's "disenfranchising" them. :rolleyes:

Fine, keep RFK Jr.'s name on the ballots.  Now do the same with Biden.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

"They believe they could start voting today but can't" and that's "disenfranchising" them. :rolleyes:

Fine, keep RFK Jr.'s name on the ballots.  Now do the same with Biden.

Gladly if you can point to a North Carolina law that would require him to be on it….. I’ll wait.

6 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Gladly if you can point to a North Carolina law that would require him to be on it….. I’ll wait.

I'm not talking about NC for Biden.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm not talking about NC for Biden.

Oh ok, show me a federal law or any other state law that requires it….then I’m totally on board and will agree wit my you.!!!

Tell you what. Find a Federal law or ANY of the 50 states laws that agree with you and I’ll support Biden being on the ballot.

Demanding the one's name be taken OFF a ballot is kind of a different thing than arguing for ballot access, no?

I mean, ballot access is critical if the people are going to be given the opportunity to vote for a candidate who has met a minimum threshold for ballot eligibility. In many states  it's unclear if write-ins are allowed, and if so, how clear and obvious the write-in name needs to be in order to be counted. This is therefore a serious issue, maybe even of constitutional dimension.

On the other hand, demanding that (once qualified for the ballot) the state take unusual steps to take you off that ballot is silly. Just tell your supporters to tick a different box, or no box at all! Unless you assume they are idiots, there is simply no problem.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Oh ok, show me a federal law or any other state law that requires it….then I’m totally on board and will agree wit my you.!!!

Tell you what. Find a Federal law or ANY of the 50 states laws that agree with you and I’ll support Biden being on the ballot.

What's the NC law to prevent him from taking his name off the ballot?

• Like (+1) 1