RFK Jr.

5 hours ago, Scraps said:

Nice attempt at deflection.

I am not confused.  You have this silly notion that no Kennedy should publicly take RFK Jr. to task for public statements he has made.  You have also called them out for betrayal.    That is utter nonsense.  The only person engaged in betrayal here is RFK Jr. and I pointed out how he was betraying previous positions, or how Trump actually works against RFK Jr's stated most important issues.

What is wrong with pointing out the hypocrisy or inaccuracies of a politician on a politics board in a thread about that politician?

A response providing clarity on issues that seemed to confuse you, and providing a response you disagree with isn’t deflection, it’s dialogue.  I’m sorry for you that you don’t understand the difference. 

I’ve explained my thoughts with respect to the Kennedy Sibs, and the family generally.  You’ve shared yours.   

There is nothing at all wrong with sharing thoughts on hypocritical behavior on a message board, it’s very common in politics, inter and intra-party.  Happens all the time.  I’m not sure why you’re struggling with that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

A response providing clarity on issues that seemed to confuse you, and providing a response you disagree with isn’t deflection, it’s dialogue.  I’m sorry for you that you don’t understand the difference. 

I’ve explained my thoughts with respect to the Kennedy Sibs, and the family generally.  You’ve shared yours.   

There is nothing at all wrong with sharing thoughts on hypocritical behavior on a message board, it’s very common in politics, inter and intra-party.  Happens all the time.  I’m not sure why you’re struggling with that. 

I'm not confused.

Your fantasy was deflection.  You tried to deflect criticism off of RFK Jr. onto other Kennedys.  I simply called you out for that and refocused on RFK Jr.

• Haha (+1) 1

Our farmers are on their knees right now.

Harris’s accusation of price gouging is wildly misleading

and needs to be called out—it completely ignores

the serious economic challenges they’re facing.

I’ve been trying to communicate this to leaders within

the Democratic Party for years, but no one has been

willing to listen.

President Trump at least is showing a willingness to

understand and address the real issues affecting Americans.

He’s surrounding himself with people who can help reduce

food prices by stimulating the farm economy the right

way (I’d like to suggest @RepThomasMassie for USDA).

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

“We all had plastic bags over our heads with mouth holes cut out, and people on the highway were giving us the finger, but that was just normal day-to-day stuff for us.”

Yeah, that sounds legit.  In your professional opinion as a has been doctor, how safe is it for people to drive around for 5 hours with plastic bags on their head?  Pics or it didn't happen.  You ever use a bungee cord before?  I would use a ratchet strap over a bungee cord if I'm tethering a whale head to the roof of my vehicle.  Call me cra cra...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Scraps said:

I'm not confused.

Your fantasy was deflection.  You tried to deflect criticism off of RFK Jr. onto other Kennedys.  I simply called you out for that and refocused on RFK Jr.

The problem with trying to find your way out of confusion is that confusion can be confusing.  I understood what you were attempting to say yesterday, as I do today.  What you see as 'calling someone out' I just see as dialogue.  Your version makes it sound a bit more dramatic, like something one might see on reality tv.  To me,  it's just a conversation on the internet, not the war of words between the Earp/Clanton factions that lead to the shootout at OK Corral.  

Either way, have a good day. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The problem with trying to find your way out of confusion is that confusion can be confusing.  I understood what you were attempting to say yesterday, as I do today.  What you see as 'calling someone out' I just see as dialogue.  Your version makes it sound a bit more dramatic, like something one might see on reality tv.  To me,  it's just a conversation on the internet, not the war of words between the Earp/Clanton factions that lead to the shootout at OK Corral.  

Either way, have a good day. 

Earp/Clanton?  Which one of us is being dramatic?

Maybe it is just simpler to say I called your BS BS.

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Earp/Clanton?  Which one of us is being dramatic?

I wasn’t trying to trick you, I gave you the answer to this question. 

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Maybe it is just simpler to say I called your BS BS.

Definitely stay with simple, Scraps.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Democracy ™️

More fake news. Wisconsin said no under the Wisconsin Elections Commission by a vote of 5-1. The 6 people are 3 Dems and 3 Republicans. So he was bi-partisan-ly left off based on the Wisconsin law.

Michigan law just doesn't allow a party's candidate to withdraw once he's been nominated at the convention:

https://legislature.mi.gov/Laws/MCL?objectName=MCL-168-686A

(4) The state convention shall be held at the time and place indicated in the call. The convention shall consist of delegates selected by the county caucuses. The convention may fill vacancies in a delegation from qualified electors of that county present at the convention. The convention may nominate candidates for all state offices. District candidates may be nominated at district caucuses held in conjunction with the state convention attended by qualified delegates of the district. If delegates of a district are not present, a district caucus shall not be held for that district and candidates shall not be nominated for that district. Not more than 1 business day after the conclusion of the convention, the names and mailing addresses of the candidates nominated for state or district offices shall be certified by the chairperson and secretary of the state convention to the secretary of state. The certification shall be accompanied by an affidavit of identity for each candidate named in the certificate as provided in section 558 and a separate written certificate of acceptance of nomination signed by each candidate named on the certificate. The form of the certificate of acceptance shall be prescribed by the secretary of state. The names of candidates so certified with accompanying affidavit of identity and certificate of acceptance shall be printed on the ballot for the forthcoming election. Candidates so nominated and certified shall not be permitted to withdraw.

So, no the Dems didn't do this. Trumps own due diligence did this.

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

More fake news. Wisconsin said no under the Wisconsin Elections Commission by a vote of 5-1. The 6 people are 3 Dems and 3 Republicans. So he was bi-partisan-ly left off based on the Wisconsin law.

Michigan law just doesn't allow a party's candidate to withdraw once he's been nominated at the convention:

https://legislature.mi.gov/Laws/MCL?objectName=MCL-168-686A

(4) The state convention shall be held at the time and place indicated in the call. The convention shall consist of delegates selected by the county caucuses. The convention may fill vacancies in a delegation from qualified electors of that county present at the convention. The convention may nominate candidates for all state offices. District candidates may be nominated at district caucuses held in conjunction with the state convention attended by qualified delegates of the district. If delegates of a district are not present, a district caucus shall not be held for that district and candidates shall not be nominated for that district. Not more than 1 business day after the conclusion of the convention, the names and mailing addresses of the candidates nominated for state or district offices shall be certified by the chairperson and secretary of the state convention to the secretary of state. The certification shall be accompanied by an affidavit of identity for each candidate named in the certificate as provided in section 558 and a separate written certificate of acceptance of nomination signed by each candidate named on the certificate. The form of the certificate of acceptance shall be prescribed by the secretary of state. The names of candidates so certified with accompanying affidavit of identity and certificate of acceptance shall be printed on the ballot for the forthcoming election. Candidates so nominated and certified shall not be permitted to withdraw.

So, no the Dems didn't do this. Trumps own due diligence did this.

You think republicans can understand that? They don’t have any programming beyond what they’re told on Twitter. 

On 8/26/2024 at 8:19 PM, Big Blitz said:

The one he cheated on 30+ times ?

17 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

This is satire right? This is similar to the WEF articles on why bugs are a good source of food and we need to stop eating meat.

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

First, as we've seen, Julie Kelly and her husband love ultra-processed foods. Your disagreement with her makes me think you may be a communist.

Second, James Lindsay is an idiot.

Haven't you heard? Julie Kelly is a communist now.