RFK Jr.

By Susie Moore

FTA:

There are times when I want to shout across the political divide, "Open your eyes! Look past the 'Republicans BAD' and 'Ewww, gross, MAGAts' crap you're being spoonfed and actually see what's going on. And then, if you do, if you genuinely set aside the partisan blinders and absorb the information and still land in the same spot, then fine. At least you'll know — and I'll know — you're there because you sorted through the information and reached your conclusion via critical thinking."

That's all anyone can ask. And believe it or not, I recognize that there are times when I'm not operating with all the pertinent information either. But the key to overcoming that is knowing you've got blind spots and making sure you're accounting for them. 

I think that's why Kennedy's announcement on Friday spoke to me — genuinely affected me. Because what I saw and heard was a man who tried to work within the system he's always known and the party that for decades was virtually synonymous with his family and came face to face with the ugly truth about the way power works in America (maybe everywhere). I saw a man mourning something he'd long held dear and making peace with the fact that maybe that something no longer existed — if it ever really did. I saw a man wrestling with the realization that the principles he values most are no longer being championed by the party (and maybe even people) he loved and that continuing to fight for those principles might require joining forces with the most unlikeliest of allies. 

He's been cut off at the knees by the Democrat Party, censored, maligned, and (until recently) denied Secret Service protection. And the party that has elevated justifying the means with the ends to an art form is pitching a fit because Kennedy's doing just that himself: In Donald Trump's candidacy, he sees a means to an end — the best shot at advocating and moving the ball forward on the issues he cares about most.  

In short, I saw a man going through a process not unlike the one I went through 20 years ago, only his was out loud and live and on the world stage — and with so much more subtext and import, given the history. I saw a man stick his neck all the way out in an effort to make the case for the principles he holds dear, boiled down to ending "the war on free speech, the war in Ukraine, and the war on our children." 

And then I saw a man whose family thought it their duty to publicly denounce him in a formal statement — not because they disagree with those principles (they didn't actually address them) — but because he had the nerve — the audacity — to endorse Donald Trump in the process. 

That they chose to do so struck a raw, white-hot nerve in me. I don't believe my family would ever stoop to such — and especially not invoke my father's memory in the process. I can guarandamntee you I wouldn't. 

I don't think for one second that Bobby Kennedy had any illusions about what he was doing when he made his announcement on Friday. I have little doubt that he spent countless hours ruminating on it before he did so. 

I don't know that it will swing the election, but I do know, sure as I'm sitting here today, that his words hit home with quite a few people — and hopefully pricked the consciences of some. 

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2024/08/25/he-gets-it-n2178508

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

By Susie Moore

FTA:

There are times when I want to shout across the political divide, "Open your eyes! Look past the 'Republicans BAD' and 'Ewww, gross, MAGAts' crap you're being spoonfed and actually see what's going on. And then, if you do, if you genuinely set aside the partisan blinders and absorb the information and still land in the same spot, then fine. At least you'll know — and I'll know — you're there because you sorted through the information and reached your conclusion via critical thinking."

That's all anyone can ask. And believe it or not, I recognize that there are times when I'm not operating with all the pertinent information either. But the key to overcoming that is knowing you've got blind spots and making sure you're accounting for them. 

I think that's why Kennedy's announcement on Friday spoke to me — genuinely affected me. Because what I saw and heard was a man who tried to work within the system he's always known and the party that for decades was virtually synonymous with his family and came face to face with the ugly truth about the way power works in America (maybe everywhere). I saw a man mourning something he'd long held dear and making peace with the fact that maybe that something no longer existed — if it ever really did. I saw a man wrestling with the realization that the principles he values most are no longer being championed by the party (and maybe even people) he loved and that continuing to fight for those principles might require joining forces with the most unlikeliest of allies. 

He's been cut off at the knees by the Democrat Party, censored, maligned, and (until recently) denied Secret Service protection. And the party that has elevated justifying the means with the ends to an art form is pitching a fit because Kennedy's doing just that himself: In Donald Trump's candidacy, he sees a means to an end — the best shot at advocating and moving the ball forward on the issues he cares about most.  

In short, I saw a man going through a process not unlike the one I went through 20 years ago, only his was out loud and live and on the world stage — and with so much more subtext and import, given the history. I saw a man stick his neck all the way out in an effort to make the case for the principles he holds dear, boiled down to ending "the war on free speech, the war in Ukraine, and the war on our children." 

And then I saw a man whose family thought it their duty to publicly denounce him in a formal statement — not because they disagree with those principles (they didn't actually address them) — but because he had the nerve — the audacity — to endorse Donald Trump in the process. 

That they chose to do so struck a raw, white-hot nerve in me. I don't believe my family would ever stoop to such — and especially not invoke my father's memory in the process. I can guarandamntee you I wouldn't. 

I don't think for one second that Bobby Kennedy had any illusions about what he was doing when he made his announcement on Friday. I have little doubt that he spent countless hours ruminating on it before he did so. 

I don't know that it will swing the election, but I do know, sure as I'm sitting here today, that his words hit home with quite a few people — and hopefully pricked the consciences of some. 

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2024/08/25/he-gets-it-n2178508

RFK Jr has acknowledged understanding some of his family being outraged by his decision—they’re pretty close with/work with Biden or and obviously vote democrat.   His message?

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/08/25/rfk-jr-family-trump-endorsement/74943843007/

"I understand that they're troubled by my decisions," he told Fox News' Shannon Bream. "But, you know, I think we all need to be able to disagree with each other and still love each other."

L Ron thinks his father spits on him, Uncle Ted would as well if he wasn’t burning in eternal h3llfire for his treatment of Mary Jo K. 

I don’t know of course, but I think RFK Sr tells his other kids to stop being @holes to their brother, to handle Kennedy business like a Kennedy and if their position is strong, they should go for a sail on the bay and win him over with logic and 5 or 6 shots of Jameson.  He might even remind Kerry that when she rear-ended that truck and got pinched for DUI, RFK Jr didn’t abandon her and run to the media. 

What I can say if for all the bike directed at him by a few siblings, he sounds like the voice of reason here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

RFK Jr has acknowledged understanding some of his family being outraged by his decision—they’re pretty close with/work with Biden or and obviously vote democrat.   His message?

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/08/25/rfk-jr-family-trump-endorsement/74943843007/

"I understand that they're troubled by my decisions," he told Fox News' Shannon Bream. "But, you know, I think we all need to be able to disagree with each other and still love each other."

L Ron thinks his father spits on him, Uncle Ted would as well if he wasn’t burning in eternal h3llfire for his treatment of Mary Jo K. 

I don’t know of course, but I think RFK Sr tells his other kids to stop being @holes to their brother, to handle Kennedy business like a Kennedy and if their position is strong, they should go for a sail on the bay and win him over with logic and 5 or 6 shots of Jameson.  He might even remind Kerry that when she rear-ended that truck and got pinched for DUI, RFK Jr didn’t abandon her and run to the media. 

What I can say if for all the bike directed at him by a few siblings, he sounds like the voice of reason here. 

Well I meant RFK's relatives would spit on Trump.  I think RFK's great relatives would probably beat the shite out of him.  "Oh he had a nasty tumble down the stairs", these weren't the hippy dippy Democrats, these are Masshole Democrats.  

it's not just a matter of disagreeing,  were it just that this wouldn't be a discussion.  You can keep acting like Trump is a politics as usual guy, but that's absurd.  The Kennedy's of old would be apalled at the notion of a relative supporting a simpleton con man.  I'm sure you tell yourself they'd see J6 and say no big deal, or him ripping off charities, or staring at nude underage girls during Ms Teen USA shows, or eating steaks well done, or any of number of unforgivable offences you close your mind off to.  Reality is no sane american should support him.  He's lied more than any 10 politicians we've ever had.  He riled up rubes to try and overthrow the country.  I could go on all day but there's no point.  Love is the worst of drugs.  And you all clearly are in the throws of addiction (others just can't get off "owning the libs".  Must be the fupa driving the attraction but I won't pretend to understand.   

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Well I meant RFK's relatives would spit on Trump.  I think RFK's great relatives would probably beat the shite out of him.  "Oh he had a nasty tumble down the stairs", these weren't the hippy dippy Democrats, these are Masshole Democrats.  

it's not just a matter of disagreeing,  were it just that this wouldn't be a discussion.  You can keep acting like Trump is a politics as usual guy, but that's absurd.  The Kennedy's of old would be apalled at the notion of a relative supporting a simpleton con man.  I'm sure you tell yourself they'd see J6 and say no big deal, or him ripping off charities, or staring at nude underage girls during Ms Teen USA shows, or eating steaks well done, or any of number of unforgivable offences you close your mind off to.  Reality is no sane american should support him.  He's lied more than any 10 politicians we've ever had.  He riled up rubes to try and overthrow the country.  I could go on all day but there's no point.  Love is the worst of drugs.  And you all clearly are in the throws of addiction (others just can't get off "owning the libs".  Must be the fupa driving the attraction but I won't pretend to understand.   

“Own the libs” is just more projection on your part.  I’m here to talk, have a laugh or two, and discuss something of interest to me.  You get yourself worked up into a lather, having conversations in your head about people trying to own others and these new Kennedy cousins and I can only point out the facts:  they didn’t spit on or beat the shite out if a guy who killed a woman, left her floating for 10 hours and made up a preposterous story in an attempt to cover it up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/18/2023 at 8:31 AM, BillsFanNC said:

Having people listening to scientific numbskulls like Rogan and RFK Jr is the bed liberals made and encouraged. Sorry, not sorry.

Covid brought us shut up and Follow the Science (TM) of whatever your favorite hack liberal journalist or politician told you.

People also won’t address legitimate concerns brought up by RFK about Big Ag & the FDA in relation to childhood sickness and increase in autism/cancers or Pharma & the drugging of this country.

So when he’s dismissed as a crazy person over questions many people are now having, they’ll start to say well.. if they attack him over something so obvious as to be questioned, how do I know he’s not correct on his other claims?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What utter nonsense.

From the interview on Faux News Sunday 

"And you know, I -- and I would have -- I was welcome to listen to anything from the Democrats that they were going to do something about the war -- about the Ukraine war, about the censorship, about the child health crisis, this epidemic of chronic disease that is now disabled about 60 percent of our kids.

And you know, when my uncle is President Shannon, only 6 percent of Americans had chronic disease. Today, over 60 percent.

And, you know, it's hard to find a kid today that's not been damaged by it, and it's coming from our food supply, from contain -- from pollution in our environment, from toxics in our environment, and mainly from corruption in our government that allows that to happen."

I haven't heard anything realistic from Jr. or Trump on how to end the war in Ukraine. The only easy way to do that is to let Putin have his way.  Maybe you agree with that as a solution but I consider that to be cowardly and selfish.

RFK Jr. complains about censorship but ignores Trumps role in censorship, for which Trump is a convicted felon.

RFK Jr made his name as an environmental champion and anti-vaccine nut.  He complained about "pollution in our environment, from toxics in our environment" but ignores that Trump dismisses environmental issues and named an opponent Scott Pruitt, an opponent to RFK Jr, to head the EPA.  Nothing Trump has done suggests that children's health is one of his top issues.

His numbers regarding chronic disease are wrong, more than double the statistics from the CDC and he confuses correlation with causation, as typical for him.

RFK Jr has admitted that his family has talked to him with their disagreements over vaccines and Trump.  If he is too hard headed or brain damaged to change his mind, I see no reason why his family shouldn't oppose him publicly.  

Kerry was acquitted.  

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Scraps said:

RFK Jr has admitted that his family has talked to him with their disagreements over vaccines and Trump.  If he is too hard headed or brain damaged to change his mind, I see no reason why his family shouldn't oppose him publicly. 

Its not surprising RFK Jr's family would denounce or publicly express displeasure at his endorsement of Trump. Not because of their dislike of Trump but because their very existence relies on believing an illusion he denounced as a lie in his speech last Friday.. Which is the current 2020's version of the Democratic party and its ideals is synonymous with the Democratic party and ldeals of the 1960's. In reality it is not. But their social and financial arrangements depend on believing that ruse. If they denounced the party similar to what Robert did they would be excommunicated to obscurity. So whether or not they believe it, they go along with it. Its what people in places like Hollywood or the media also do. If your livelihood depends on the opinions of others you can never truly be honest.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In his speech in Arizona endorsing Trump, Kennedy said:

“The DNC deployed aligned judges to throw me and other candidates off the ballot and to throw President Trump in jail. It ran a sham primary that was rigged to prevent any serious challenge to President Biden. Then, when a predictably bungled debate performance precipitated the palace coup against President Biden, the same shadowy DNC operatives appointed his successor, also without an election. They installed a candidate who was so unpopular with voters that she dropped out in 2020 without winning a single delegate,” Kennedy said.

“My uncle and my father both relished debate. They prided themselves on their capacity to go toe-to-toe with any opponent in the battle over ideas. They would be astonished to learn of a Democratic Party presidential nominee who, like Vice President Harris, has not appeared in a single interview or unscripted encounter with voters for 35 days. This is profoundly undemocratic. How are people to choose when they don’t know whom they are choosing, and how must this look to the rest of the world?”

“Instead of showing us her substance and character, the DNC and its media organs engineered a surge of popularity for Vice President Harris based on, well, nothing—no policies, no interviews, no debates—only smoke and mirrors and balloons in a highly-produced Chicago circus,” he said.

“How did the Democratic Party choose a candidate who has never done an interview or a debate during the entire election cycle? We know the answers. They did it by weaponizing government agencies. They did it by abandoning democracy,” Kennedy said. “They did it by silencing the opposition and by disenfranchising American voters. What most alarms me isn’t how the Democratic Party conducts its internal affairs or runs its candidates. What alarms me is the resort to censorship and media control and the weaponization of federal agencies.”

Can any serious person dispute what Kennedy said?

https://johnkassnews.com/kamala-balloon-about-to-pop/

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What utter nonsense.

From the interview on Faux News Sunday 

"And you know, I -- and I would have -- I was welcome to listen to anything from the Democrats that they were going to do something about the war -- about the Ukraine war, about the censorship, about the child health crisis, this epidemic of chronic disease that is now disabled about 60 percent of our kids.

And you know, when my uncle is President Shannon, only 6 percent of Americans had chronic disease. Today, over 60 percent.

And, you know, it's hard to find a kid today that's not been damaged by it, and it's coming from our food supply, from contain -- from pollution in our environment, from toxics in our environment, and mainly from corruption in our government that allows that to happen."

I haven't heard anything realistic from Jr. or Trump on how to end the war in Ukraine. The only easy way to do that is to let Putin have his way.  Maybe you agree with that as a solution but I consider that to be cowardly and selfish.

RFK Jr. complains about censorship but ignores Trumps role in censorship, for which Trump is a convicted felon.

RFK Jr made his name as an environmental champion and anti-vaccine nut.  He complained about "pollution in our environment, from toxics in our environment" but ignores that Trump dismisses environmental issues and named an opponent Scott Pruitt, an opponent to RFK Jr, to head the EPA.  Nothing Trump has done suggests that children's health is one of his top issues.

His numbers regarding chronic disease are wrong, more than double the statistics from the CDC and he confuses correlation with causation, as typical for him.

Kerry was acquitted.  

I think you're confused on the subject matter and the original conversation.  

L Ron suggested ghosts of Kennedy past would spit on him, and later, physically assault him.  Since it's a hypothetical discussion, it's fair to assume he might be right.  Maybe they spit on him, maybe they drag him out behind the library in Newport and beat the snot out of him.  Illegal and boorish behavior is nothing new to the family, though they seem to rally around one another (mostly).  

I opined that the Kennedy's have a penchant for keeping in-house squabbles in-house.  I don't think that is a hypothetical, but maybe they run to the Enquirer all the time and I just haven't seen it.  That lead to additional dialogue and I offered that RFK Sr might well set the Betrayal 5 straight on how family business should be settled.  That is a guess on my part, there's no way to know.  

On all the rest, RFK Jr ran for President as an Independent, decided to discontinue his campaign and chose to support DJT.  He has addressed his reasons for doing so.   I wasn't planning on casting a vote for RFK Jr, he seems a little kooky to me, so your recitation of beliefs is wasted on me.   If you have an issue with political enemies becoming political allies, you should read more.  It's pretty common.  If you have issues with RFK Jr that you feel he needs to hear, head over to the CVS and buy a "Hey You Hurt Me" card and drop it off at the post office. 

I do like the potential for the alliance to move some voters from left to right.  We'll see. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

L Ron suggested ghosts of Kennedy past would spit on him, and later, physically assault him.  Since it's a hypothetical discussion, it's fair to assume he might be right.  Maybe they spit on him, maybe they drag him out behind the library in Newport and beat the snot out of him.  Illegal and boorish behavior is nothing new to the family, though they seem to rally around one another (mostly).  

I opined that the Kennedy's have a penchant for keeping in-house squabbles in-house.  I don't think that is a hypothetical, but maybe they run to the Enquirer all the time and I just haven't seen it.  That lead to additional dialogue and I offered that RFK Sr might well set the Betrayal 5 straight on how family business should be settled.  That is a guess on my part, there's no way to know.  

On all the rest, RFK Jr ran for President as an Independent, decided to discontinue his campaign and chose to support DJT.  He has addressed his reasons for doing so.   I wasn't planning on casting a vote for RFK Jr, he seems a little kooky to me, so your recitation of beliefs is wasted on me.   If you have an issue with political enemies becoming political allies, you should read more.  It's pretty common.  If you have issues with RFK Jr that you feel he needs to hear, head over to the CVS and buy a "Hey You Hurt Me" card and drop it off at the post office. 

I do like the potential for the alliance to move some voters from left to right.  We'll see. 

You're view seems spot on and objective, at least to me. I'd argue the same cast of characters that are skewering RFK Jr. here and elsewhere would be singing his praises to high heaven if he came out, gave a statement that ripped Trump a new one, and endorsed Harris. They'd characterize his sometimes quirky views in a positive light.

If the powers actually believed he was simply some fringe nut that makes no sense on anything they would have ignored his endorsement of Trump just like they ignored his candidacy for the Democratic nomination and later his efforts as an independent. But since he presents a clear and present danger to their candidate through the possibility of swinging a few State results by 1 or 2 percent of the vote and handing Trump the presidency, the knives of the diversity and tolerance for everyone and all are welcome under our tent crew come out. I'm sure he knew what wrath the party would bring upon him and while I'm not on board with his agenda I gave him praises for having the guts for standing up to these psychotic authoritarian monsters.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

In his speech in Arizona endorsing Trump, Kennedy said:

“The DNC deployed aligned judges to throw me and other candidates off the ballot and to throw President Trump in jail. It ran a sham primary that was rigged to prevent any serious challenge to President Biden. Then, when a predictably bungled debate performance precipitated the palace coup against President Biden, the same shadowy DNC operatives appointed his successor, also without an election. They installed a candidate who was so unpopular with voters that she dropped out in 2020 without winning a single delegate,” Kennedy said.

“My uncle and my father both relished debate. They prided themselves on their capacity to go toe-to-toe with any opponent in the battle over ideas. They would be astonished to learn of a Democratic Party presidential nominee who, like Vice President Harris, has not appeared in a single interview or unscripted encounter with voters for 35 days. This is profoundly undemocratic. How are people to choose when they don’t know whom they are choosing, and how must this look to the rest of the world?”

“Instead of showing us her substance and character, the DNC and its media organs engineered a surge of popularity for Vice President Harris based on, well, nothing—no policies, no interviews, no debates—only smoke and mirrors and balloons in a highly-produced Chicago circus,” he said.

“How did the Democratic Party choose a candidate who has never done an interview or a debate during the entire election cycle? We know the answers. They did it by weaponizing government agencies. They did it by abandoning democracy,” Kennedy said. “They did it by silencing the opposition and by disenfranchising American voters. What most alarms me isn’t how the Democratic Party conducts its internal affairs or runs its candidates. What alarms me is the resort to censorship and media control and the weaponization of federal agencies.”

Can any serious person dispute what Kennedy said?

https://johnkassnews.com/kamala-balloon-about-to-pop/

Frankly, I thought he was much better spoken than either of the two jokers that are running....until he ended with the seemingly never-ending healthcare rant

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Nice attempt at deflection.

I am not confused.  You have this silly notion that no Kennedy should publicly take RFK Jr. to task for public statements he has made.  You have also called them out for betrayal.    That is utter nonsense.  The only person engaged in betrayal here is RFK Jr. and I pointed out how he was betraying previous positions, or how Trump actually works against RFK Jr's stated most important issues.

What is wrong with pointing out the hypocrisy or inaccuracies of a politician on a politics board in a thread about that politician?

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What is wrong with pointing out the hypocrisy or inaccuracies of a politician on a politics board in a thread about that politician?

image.png.6a39c96568d2591009e1f65f079fc753.png

• Like (+1) 1