RFK Jr.

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Unfortunately this isn’t the first time this has happened.

In fact, there’s a Wikipedia article it’s happened so much:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musicians_who_oppose_Donald_Trump's_use_of_their_music#:~:text=John Fogerty%2C the frontman for,that I do not endorse".

Sorry that every musician hates your man.

Beyonce even got trump to pull his ad where he stole her song:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/beyonce-threatens-cease-and-desist-trump-campaign-freedom-video-1235084830/

His campaign already has half the cash it did at this time last election cycle. Should stop wasting it.

Oh no all of the media, celebrities, and corporations hate our guy. And that's...bad? Lol do you watch V for Vendetta and cheer for the parliament?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, K D said:

Oh no all of the media, celebrities, and corporations hate our guy. And that's...bad? Lol do you watch V for Vendetta and cheer for the parliament?

Eventually you need someone to like you. Otherwise you get:

PredictIt - 55/48 Harris

Silver - 53/47 Harris

Economist 60/40 Harris

538 - 58/41 Harris

10 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

As predicted, properly some more lawsuits coming from Foo Fighters:

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-rally-arizona-foo-fighters-song-rfk-jr-1943868

A spokesperson for the band told Billboard: "Foo Fighters were not asked permission, and if they were, they would not have granted it." The spokesperson said that "appropriate actions are being taken" against the campaign and that any royalties received as a result of the usage of the song will be donated to the Harris/Walz campaign.

——

Continual copyright violations need to be dealt with. The Trump campaign does not care about the rule of law.

But thanks RFK and Trump for raising funds for Kamala!

Sexx, drugs and big city attorneys on retainer, that’s what the music is all about man. 

Btw, googled Dave Grohl (estimated net worth $300,000,000+). Can’t find anything on his commitment to the wealth tax or contributing his fair share in advance.  All these people with a platform to make a bold statement, yet nothing. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Sexx, drugs and big city attorneys on retainer, that’s what the music is all about man. 

Btw, googled Dave Grohl (estimated net worth $300,000,000+). Can’t find anything on his commitment to the wealth tax or contributing his fair share in advance.  All these people with a platform to make a bold statement, yet nothing. 

Rock music died years ago. Everyone too scared and too greedy. Bunch of sellouts 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, K D said:

Rock music died years ago. Everyone too scared and too greedy. Bunch of sellouts 

I like music, like to go to concerts on occasion put I’m hard-pressed to consider  any advice or guidance I’d take from a musician generally.  What I do look for is commitment to the causes they espouse, and it’s rare to see any action matching up with the agenda.  I asked about the wealth tax because it’s a hot button issue for the dem party.  Climate change is another one—does Grohl truly care about the Harris platform?  I see the FF were touring in 2024–the carbon footprint for those shows has to be enormous and yet, off he goes.  And what about that dynamic ticket pricing and the impact on concert goers?  

It just seems to me that his rage over Trump seems kinda phony, that’s all. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

“The man” is stealing their songs. What’s more rock and roll than going after the man for stealing your stuff?

13 hours ago, phypon said:

Maybe Beyonce should sue the DNC for lying about her making an appearance at the convention so they could attract viewers.

They create nothing, steal everything and whine when those who do create defend their rights. Then the false equivalency starts, and the diminishing (only $4) since they can’t understand the idea of putting your creative life in public and the having that ass hat use it without permission (‘they just let you do it”) and not understanding people might not want creative life to be associated with such slimy POS. Since they have no empathy and not ideals. Just “owns”. 

but yea, what’s the big deal.

14 hours ago, K D said:

These old rockers who were famous 20 years ago and some of you old farts on here need to get your testosterone checked. You are turning into whiney women. They have long hair so at least they look the part

Another winning and insightful comment here from KD. Think I’ll have it framed.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/24/2024 at 8:28 AM, Starr-Bills said:

I mean with friends like these… 

🙃 is he a loon, or a useful idiot? This is going to totally derail the Dems  <s>

Exactly.   This guy attached himself to the biggest scumbag on the planet for a sliver of additional power.  Anyone surprised his family is speaking out against him should get their head checked.  

55 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Giddy up

LOL!  Donald Trump is going to be the poster child for making America healthy???  You are an absolute loon.  Kfc + McDonalds+ a gigantic man fupa.   Oh wow, the levels you stoop to are amazing!   Truly!  

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

LOL!  Donald Trump is going to be the poster child for making America healthy???  You are an absolute loon.  Kfc + McDonalds+ a gigantic man fupa.   Oh wow, the levels you stoop to are amazing!   Truly!  

I couldn't dream up 2 more fake pieces of shite.

When Trump is finally gone and this deplorable movement is done, his career will be over.  He'll have nobody to blame but himself. 

His family have every right to call out this hypocritical loon.  Its a shame too.  He could have been great if he kept to the health and environmental issues and stayed away from the whackjob theories he has zero proof of.