The Pride Flag / Month

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I explained why that study concluded that. Why are you ignoring what I said?

I didn’t ignore it. I stated that it would be better to treat these people prior to irreversibly changing their bodies rather than after. There’s no getting around the fact that attempted suicide rates are much higher post-surgery. 

From your “only 1% regret transitioning” article that you obviously did not bother to digest:

The issue here is that neither of these extremes are reliable estimates of regret. The 30 percent figure obviously does not map onto regret. Many people stop using their parent or partner’s health care for reasons completely unrelated to transition regret (i.e., divorce). And the studies of surgery in the review are mostly surgeons following up with their own patients, with quite high dropout rates. It’s not surprising that only 1 percent of people report to a surgeon who did an operation that they regret it!

There’s also a problem here about how we define “regret.” One of the biggest studies on transition-related regret was on the Amsterdam gender clinic, including nearly 7,000 people over 43 years. These authors defined “regret” as a patient who came back to the clinic after surgery to access hormones that would reverse their gender transition (and who had this noted in their records). By this definition, less than 1 percent of people regretted their surgery. But this is obviously not a particularly useful definition, because it will miss all of the people who regretted their procedures but went elsewhere for their follow-up care, or simply never got back to the original clinic about their regret.

Perhaps the most useful way to examine regret is to look at the proportion of people who cease their transition and go back to the gender they were originally. A large national study found that 13.1 percent of transgender people participating in the U.S. Transgender Survey reported detransitioning at some point in their lives. I think that’s a fairly reasonable estimate of the rate of people experiencing somemeasure of regret around their transition experience.

7 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I didn’t ignore it. I stated that it would be better to treat these people prior to irreversibly changing their bodies rather than after. There’s no getting around the fact that attempted suicide rates are much higher post-surgery. 

From your “only 1% regret transitioning” article that you obviously did not bother to digest:

The issue here is that neither of these extremes are reliable estimates of regret. The 30 percent figure obviously does not map onto regret. Many people stop using their parent or partner’s health care for reasons completely unrelated to transition regret (i.e., divorce). And the studies of surgery in the review are mostly surgeons following up with their own patients, with quite high dropout rates. It’s not surprising that only 1 percent of people report to a surgeon who did an operation that they regret it!

There’s also a problem here about how we define “regret.” One of the biggest studies on transition-related regret was on the Amsterdam gender clinic, including nearly 7,000 people over 43 years. These authors defined “regret” as a patient who came back to the clinic after surgery to access hormones that would reverse their gender transition (and who had this noted in their records). By this definition, less than 1 percent of people regretted their surgery. But this is obviously not a particularly useful definition, because it will miss all of the people who regretted their procedures but went elsewhere for their follow-up care, or simply never got back to the original clinic about their regret.

Perhaps the most useful way to examine regret is to look at the proportion of people who cease their transition and go back to the gender they were originally. A large national study found that 13.1 percent of transgender people participating in the U.S. Transgender Survey reported detransitioning at some point in their lives. I think that’s a fairly reasonable estimate of the rate of people experiencing somemeasure of regret around their transition experience.

Have you ever spoken with families who have a child experiencing dysphoria?

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

NEXT?

Fkn pedos

In California, you must be 18 to get a divorce. But there is no minimum age to get married, as long as a parent or guardian consent and a court gives permission. California is among just seven states, including New Mexico and Oklahoma, that does not have a minimum age for marriage.

https://calmatters.org/politics/2023/06/child-marriage-california/#:~:text=In California%2C you must be,a minimum age for marriage.

16 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Indeed, sad.

You know what else is unbelievable?

The assumption that we genuinely think you care about our law enforcement officers.

Just another vessel for Roy to spread hate.