Does Henry have a knee condition?

This is the first I've heard of this, perhaps its a bogus report, anyone know anything?

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

-- Vikings Eyeing Garner? --

Mon May 30, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

FFMastermind.com senior fantasy writer and Vikings Update correspondent John Holler reports it might come as some surprise that the Vikings may have an interest in one or two of the anticipated June 1 salary cap casualties. One name that has surfaced in recent days is Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Charlie Garner, who is expected to get the hook now that the running game appears to be in the hands of RB Cadillac Williams and RB Michael Pittman. While Vikings HC Mike Tice admits that the depth chart at most positions is fuller than the roster will allow in many areas, with the one-year supsension of RB Onterrio Smith, a new spot has been opened for a running back and a veteran, from what Holler is hearing, makes the most sense. There had been talk about a potential deal with Buffalo for RB Travis Henry, but the combination of a degenerative knee and Henry's agent insisting on a long-term deal -- not to mention Buffalo wanting a second- or third-round pick as compensation -- have quelled the interest of a lot of teams that might have shown a willingness to make a move. While nothing officially can be done until he's released, don't be surprised if the Vikings try to make a quick incentive-laden offer to the Bucs veteran as a replacement for Smith -- whether for just 2005 or a year or two beyond that.

Wow...if that is indeed true, it sure would explain why people are not willing to give up a three or better for him. Would love to have someone from the Buffalo press ask TD or MM about this report.

Is there an "Ask TD or MM" coming up soon?

This is the first I've heard of this, perhaps its a bogus report, anyone know anything?

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

-- Vikings Eyeing Garner? --

Mon May 30, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

There had been talk about a potential deal with Buffalo for RB Travis Henry, but the combination of a degenerative knee and Henry's agent insisting on a long-term deal -- not to mention Buffalo wanting a second- or third-round pick as compensation -- have quelled the interest of a lot of teams that might have shown a willingness to make a move.

347959[/snapback]

I would think that if Henry had a knee problem, we collectively would have heard about this. My sense tells me that this little nugget was planted by TH's agent or a team looking to acquire TH's services cheaply. I don't buy it.

I would think that if Henry had a knee problem, we collectively would have heard about this. My sense tells me that this little nugget was planted by TH's agent or a team looking to acquire TH's services cheaply. I don't buy it.

348020[/snapback]

Why would a rumor about a degenerative knee condition ever be planted by his agent? Unless he hired one of his sped classmates.... It was by another team who wants to cheapen trade value, and it's bogus.

Are you kidding me! This site's just a fanzine...the guy (kid?) probably is confusing Henry with some other player.

The NFL is pretty up front about disclosing injuries and there's never been a whif of this kind of problem associated with TH.

Garbage in..garbage out Internet site. :doh:

The guy had a bad knee coming out of college. He runs straight ahead and drives for yards, he doesn't scat like Thurman would with his knee. That eventually wears your joints down quicker than the average player. As much as people around here slam Henry for his brains or lack thereof, we're only getting sniffs for him because of his body. I would put my $20 on Travis over Willis on Trebek's show.

Travis Henry Injury History.

Courtesy of http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...5/injuries.html

He hasn't had a knee injury since October 2002.

Date Status Injury

12/29/2004 Questionable Ankle

12/22/2004 Questionable Ankle

12/15/2004 Out Ankle

12/08/2004 Out Ankle

12/01/2004 Out Ankle

10/20/2004 Questionable Foot

10/13/2004 Questionable Foot

09/12/2004 Day-to-Day Cramps

09/08/2004 Probable Rib

11/19/2003 Questionable Leg

11/16/2003 Day-to-day Cracked bone in right leg