Is Desantis the best new candidate since Obama?

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Y’all keep saying that and it never happens. 

Abbott beat Beto by 11 points and Republicans make further inroads with Hispanics every election. 

Ya, ya, you guys said that about Georgia and North Carolina and we are making inroads there, too 

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

“Most Californians are moving to Texas”

(one of the reddest states in the country)

OWNED!

Owned? No. This thread is about DeSaster - not Abbott. You brought up Cali - with an insinuation that Californians were moving to Florida.

I never brought up Cali - you did - as a way to distract and deflect - insinuating that people were moving to Florida BECAUSE of DeSaster.

People are moving south like they always have - weather 

25 minutes ago, BillStime said:

For the same reason why they won’t be moving to Florida in the near future = cost of living. 

Regardless - CA is the fourth largest economy in the world. They’re not hurting. 

And - most Californians are moving to Texas and NOT the armpit of America.

CA Gov. Newsom Manages to Turn a Massive Budget Surplus Into a $32 Billion Deficit—in Just One Year – RedState

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

Ya, ya, you guys said that about Georgia and North Carolina and we are making inroads there, too 

Very different. 

Large black populations relative other races in NC/GA.   Texas is heavily Latino, and Republicans make inroads further and further with them in every election. 

I’ll have to delve further into NC to see what their trends are, but I spend half my time in Atlanta and know a good bit about GA politics.   Republicans have a pretty sizable advantage in terms of voters in Georgia.  Kemp beat the heavily funded Stacy Abrams by 8 points.. even after enacting the heartbeat bill.  Republicans have overwhelming control of both chamber in the state house.  

Where Georgia has appeared purple is due to Donald Trump.   He has created a visible schism between rural Georgia Trump voters and the more traditional Republican suburban Atlanta/Buckhead voters. 

Due to this, not only did Trump lose the state as the black population (led by black women) is EXTREMELY motivated, while suburban/Buckhead R’s stayed home … they also lost two senators.  

Both R senators won their elections on election night, as Trump lost the state.  However, Georgia runoff laws came into play leading to special elections in both cases.  

Ever since then, Trump has injected himself into the races both by convincing his rural voters that the election was stolen …. They then stayed home, allowing Warnock and Ossoff to win.   And if that wasn’t enough, he then endorsed Walker over more traditional R’s, which led to Walker winning, which led to suburban/Buckhead R’s staying home, which led to an extremely unpopular Raphael Warnock to beat the only R challenger he had a chance at beating. 

Which leads me to the primary.  Trump would be in danger, again, of losing Georgia in the general … and it will be very interesting to see what role Kemp plays if the Georgia Primary becomes pivotal as Trump tried to primary Kemp

with a reluctant David Perdue out of spite for Kemp’s actions in the Georgia recount.    Kemp currently has around a 62% approval rating in Georgia, and has focused heavily on making inroads with black men, who voted in high enough numbers for him to send the Georgia Democratic Coalition into a panic that still exists in the state amongst those in the party. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Remind me how well Gov McCauliffe is doing in blue state Virginia?

Oh that’s easy - the cults go to media darling who successfully ran on CRT won because Terry ignored it and was a terrible candidate.  

Had the court turned over Roe one year earlier there would be no Governor Youngkin, you know that right? 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Owned? No. This thread is about DeSaster - not Abbott. You brought up Cali - with an insinuation that Californians were moving to Florida.

I never brought up Cali - you did - as a way to distract and deflect - insinuating that people were moving to Florida BECAUSE of DeSaster.

People are moving south like they always have - weather 

That does not explain Cali then.  Texas and Florida are both in the top five for destination states.

List of U.S. states and territories by net migration - Wikipedia

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh that’s easy - the cults go to media darling who successfully ran on CRT won because Terry ignored it and was a terrible candidate.  

Had the court turned over Roe one year earlier there would be no Governor Youngkin, you know that right? 

So you admit that, outside of abortion, Republicans typically have the majority public support in the culture wars as they seep further and further into American politics. 

Even in a blue state.  

Thank you for making my point. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gregg said:

CA Gov. Newsom Manages to Turn a Massive Budget Surplus Into a $32 Billion Deficit—in Just One Year – RedState

Why did that happen?

$23B btw

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So you admit that, outside of abortion, Republicans typically have the majority public support in the culture wars as they seep further and further into American politics. 

Even in a blue state.  

Thank you for making my point. 

Nope - if that were the case - where was the red wave

8 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

That does not explain Cali then.  Texas and Florida are both in the top five for destination states.

List of U.S. states and territories by net migration - Wikipedia

Greg already answered this question - keep up 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why did that happen?

$23B btw

Nope - if that were the case - where was the red wave

The abortion issue hurt the Republicans big time in the midterms. I can't see Biden winning in 2024. People voted against Trump not for Biden in 2020. This time they will be voting against Biden.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Gregg said:

This time they will be voting against Biden.

lmao - oh really? And you think the folks that voted for Biden will all of a sudden vote for Trump or Trump Max??

Abortion isn’t going away and the woke BS is so 2019.

By all means - run DeSaster.

Edited by BillStime
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Very different. 

Large black populations relative other races in NC/GA.   Texas is heavily Latino, and Republicans make inroads further and further with them in every election. 

I’ll have to delve further into NC to see what their trends are, but I spend half my time in Atlanta and know a good bit about GA politics.   Republicans have a pretty sizable advantage in terms of voters in Georgia.  Kemp beat the heavily funded Stacy Abrams by 8 points.. even after enacting the heartbeat bill.  Republicans have overwhelming control of both chamber in the state house.  

Where Georgia has appeared purple is due to Donald Trump.   He has created a visible schism between rural Georgia Trump voters and the more traditional Republican suburban Atlanta/Buckhead voters. 

Due to this, not only did Trump lose the state as the black population (led by black women) is EXTREMELY motivated, while suburban/Buckhead R’s stayed home … they also lost two senators.  

Both R senators won their elections on election night, as Trump lost the state.  However, Georgia runoff laws came into play leading to special elections in both cases.  

Ever since then, Trump has injected himself into the races both by convincing his rural voters that the election was stolen …. They then stayed home, allowing Warnock and Ossoff to win.   And if that wasn’t enough, he then endorsed Walker over more traditional R’s, which led to Walker winning, which led to suburban/Buckhead R’s staying home, which led to an extremely unpopular Raphael Warnock to beat the only R challenger he had a chance at beating. 

Which leads me to the primary.  Trump would be in danger, again, of losing Georgia in the general … and it will be very interesting to see what role Kemp plays if the Georgia Primary becomes pivotal as Trump tried to primary Kemp

with a reluctant David Perdue out of spite for Kemp’s actions in the Georgia recount.    Kemp currently has around a 62% approval rating in Georgia, and has focused heavily on making inroads with black men, who voted in high enough numbers for him to send the Georgia Democratic Coalition into a panic that still exists in the state amongst those in the party. 

Don't forget the populations are still changing. People moving in all the time. Those states use to be super red, not so much 

5 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I’m mocking you guys. The way you worship trump is ghey

if it was just that, it would be one thing, but obviously his beef was about more than tax breaks 

Nobody worships him, you just gotta keep repeating that or there goes your narrative.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BillStime said:

lmao - oh really? And you think the folks that voted for Biden will all of a sudden vote for Trump or Trump Max??

By all means - rub DeSaster.

Considering all damage Joke as done. Many of them will.  401K's down, inflation, border crisis, just to name a few. Biden = worst President ever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

By all means - rub DeSaster.

Actually, yes, I very much do think that. 

Trump’s policies were viewed pretty favorably pre-covid, and despite all the noise, most political pundits thought he would likely win re-election.   Then covid happened. 

DeSantis, if he’s simply a Trump policy clone, is the tamped down version that brings back moderate R’s and suburban moms, along with the added bonus of being viewed as strong on covid response … whereas that likely lost Trump the election and is his biggest weak spot in the R primary. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Actually, yes, I very much do think that. 

Trump’s policies were viewed pretty favorably pre-covid, and despite all the noise, most political pundits thought he would likely win re-election.   Then covid happened. 

DeSantis, if he’s simply a Trump policy clone, is the tamped down version that brings back moderate R’s and suburban moms, along with the added bonus of being viewed as strong on covid response … whereas that likely lost Trump the election and is his biggest weak spot in the R primary. 

Trump will never see the inside of the WH again and anyone who remotely leans left will never vote DeSaster.

Florida is NOT a viable blueprint for America.

The sooner the cult gets out of the gutter - the better it will be for America.

28 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Considering all damage Joke as done. Many of them will.  401K's down, inflation, border crisis, just to name a few. Biden = worst President ever.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7ywse7a4dxob2nernqz

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

Edited by BillStime
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Comparing this light weight jerk to Obama? 

image.png.40b1e73b4aae5c8bcaa6e4e01ac17a9c.png

More saying there haven’t been and fast rising stars with youthful energy since Obama on any side of the aisle with decent poll performance.  

no on bet BO would displace hilly as the front runner either by the way.