Got a sweet 1965 throwback jacket 2-day

I was helping my Dad move somethings today in his new house and he gave me a real nice 1965 throwback jacket. He said he never wore it. I remember when his girlfriends son gave it to him for X-mas a few years back I was jealous. It has the old red standing Buffalo (which I wish they would return to) in front and on back and it has 1965 on the back also. It's like a high-school type of jacket with brown leather on the sleeves and blue cotton. It was worth helping him. My Dad drinks to much but he's hot a big heart.

I was helping my Dad move somethings today in his new house and he gave me a real nice 1965 throwback jacket. He said he never wore it. I remember when his girlfriends son gave it to him for X-mas a few years back I was jealous. It has the old red standing Buffalo (which I wish they would return to) in front and on back and it has 1965 on the back also. It's like a high-school type of jacket with brown leather on the sleeves and blue cotton. It was worth helping him. My Dad drinks to much but he's hot a big heart.

347836[/snapback]

Is it a throwback jacket, or is it a jacket he's had since '65 and hasn't worn it much?

Is it a throwback jacket, or is it a jacket he's had since '65 and hasn't worn it much?

347850[/snapback]

Not sure if that was a joke LA but if it was it made me laugh. It's a throwback jacket that he got as new a few years ago that he never wears. With him being a Bills fan I'm know wondering why he doesn't wear it. Maybe at 67 he thinks it's to young looking? Later Bills brother

(LABillzFan @ May 30 2005, 05:53 PM)

Not sure if that was a joke LA but if it was it made me laugh.  It's a throwback jacket that he got as new a few years ago that he never wears. With him being a Bills fan I'm know wondering why he doesn't wear it. Maybe at 67 he thinks it's to young looking? Later Bills brother

It was a rather odd comment....... :doh:

Not sure if that was a joke LA but if it was it made me laugh.  It's a throwback jacket that he got as new a few years ago that he never wears. With him being a Bills fan I'm know wondering why he doesn't wear it. Maybe at 67 he thinks it's to young looking? Later Bills brother

347865[/snapback]

Actually, I'll do virtually anything for a laugh, but I guess what I was suggesting was that if it was an actual jacket from the 1965 Bills...and your dad kept it hidden, lost or stored all this time, it wouldn't be considered a throwback jacket. Just splitting hairs, I guess, but to me "throwback" suggests a remake of a former style whereas an original from that time period would actually be more of a collector's item...especially if it's in good shape.

While I wear my share of Bills gear (mostly t-shirts and sideline hats), I've never been one for a jacket ever since I saw my older brother's leather Jets jacket. Cost a mint when he got it about ten years ago, but two years later it looked like it should come with a free mullet.

The jacket you described clearly sounds like an awesome piece of gear which I would gladly wear....you know...should you decide you don't want it. :rolleyes:

I've never been one for a jacket ever since I saw my older brother's leather Jets jacket. Cost a mint when he got it about ten years ago, but two years later it looked like it should come with a free mullet.

348296[/snapback]

...or a bowl of soup. but hey, it looks good on you. :rolleyes:

347836[/snapback]

That is kind of a touching story until the last line. Sounds like so therapy might be in order.

That is kind of a touching story until the last line. Sounds like so therapy might be in order.

348349[/snapback]

OK, I think you meant "some therapy" but I really don't get it. I need therapy because my Dad drinks a lot but has a big heart? It should be no big deal to most folks to say that.

Actually, I'll do virtually anything for a laugh, but I guess what I was suggesting was that if it was an actual jacket from the 1965 Bills...and your dad kept it hidden, lost or stored all this time, it wouldn't be considered a throwback jacket.  Just splitting hairs, I guess, but to me "throwback" suggests a remake of a former style whereas an original from that time period would actually be more of a collector's item...especially if it's in good shape.

While I wear my share of Bills gear (mostly t-shirts and sideline hats), I've never been one for a jacket ever since I saw my older brother's leather Jets jacket. Cost a mint when he got it about ten years ago, but two years later it looked like it should come with a free mullet.

The jacket you described clearly sounds like an awesome piece of gear which I would gladly wear....you know...should you decide you don't want it. :rolleyes:

348296[/snapback]

It's sweet. On the inside it's lined with an NFL emplem with the word "Throwback Buffalo Bills." On the front it has a red standing Buffalo and a big Buffalo on the back and the year 1965. Man, I was so jealous when he got it. My Dad's great. I can't wait to wear it come football season.