Fox Sucks

I just don't understand it, Fox has one of the hottest comedies on television, a show that just got done with a multi year layoff, and after a couple of shows they take two weeks off.

Anybody know what the deal is? Is this hiatus part of the Family Guy contract, or is Fox dropping the ball on this one?

I will admit that one week off certainly built anticipation to see the show the following week. But now after two weeks I'm just getting pissed off. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the public would rather watch Star Wars, or NASCAR, but I severely doubt it.

Damn you FOX!!! Give me my Family Guy!!

The 600 comes on once a year. And, there are a lot of NASCAR fans. FOX has a contract. I guess they could void it so you could get your 30 minutes of Cheetos fingers har har...but I don't think so.

The 600 comes on once a year. And, there are a lot of NASCAR fans. FOX has a contract. I guess they could void it so you could get your 30 minutes of Cheetos fingers har har...but I don't think so.

347578[/snapback]

I'll concede NASCAR, but I still can B word about Star Wars last week.

I'll concede NASCAR, but I still can B word about Star Wars last week.

347583[/snapback]

According to Seth McFarlane on "Loveline" a few weeks back, he was made fully aware of Fox's plans to show Star Wars and then NASCAR. The racing is contractual and they wanted the network premiere of Ep. II to coincide with opening weekend of Ep. III. Don't worry though, I did see a Family Guy promo for next week...

Its funny how some of you can understand why they would put a left turn fest on instead of Family guy. You are all inbred hicks.

347626[/snapback]

I dislike NASCAR about as much as anybody, but a contract is a contract especially when we're talking multi-millions.

Damn you FOX!!! Give me my Family Guy!!

347549[/snapback]

Fox is run by a bunch of buffoons. They cancelled Family Guy, only to have it be WIDLY successful in DVD sales and fan interest so they bring it back later.

They cancel Firefly (after showing the Pilot episode last :blink::doh: ), only to have it be the #1 selling DVD on Amazon for several weeks and to completely sell out the 1,000,000 (yes, 1 million) production run in a matter of DAYS and to then have Universal buy the rights to make a movie (http://www.serenitymovie.com and http://www.cantstopthesignal.com) that, if it does well, will expand into a trilogy. (FWIW, Family Guy is "only" ranked #200 at Amazon right now).

They cancel Wonderfalls, a highly original and quirky show, after FOUR episodes.

They cancel Tru Calling after the first season, change their mind and renew it for a second season, cancel filming during the summer after only six episodes, decide to show them in January, then decide to not show the "season finale" episode... Huh?

I'm not really sure what Fox's target demographic is, other than "stupid americans who love American Idol and Simple Life and Americas Craziest Police Chases." I wish they'd just not touch the real shows and let some other network buy the rights so they'd at least stand a chance.

BTW - Firefly is still the #43 highest selling DVD at Amazon.com, and it's been out for years. If you havn't seen it, you should; even though there's only ~15 episodes, they're all awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=dvd&n=507846

CW

Its funny how some of you can understand why they would put a left turn fest on instead of Family guy. You are all inbred hicks.

347626[/snapback]

Funny how all people with Mike in their name have sexual dysfunctions. Michael Jackson. George Michael. What's your sexual dysfunction?

Or is this where we stop discussing things with sweeping generalizations?

Ding! :doh:

347626[/snapback]

You could always revert to your 7,000 hour Family Guy tape collection, and wait a week. How dare they inconvienience you for 30 minutes for the sake of a contract and several million fans. Damn, now you won't have anything to talk about at work all week.

You could always revert to your 7,000 hour Family Guy tape collection, and wait a week. How dare they inconvienience you for 30 minutes for the sake of a contract and several million fans. Damn, now you won't have anything to talk about at work all week.

347772[/snapback]

I can make do with Bill Bradske jokes for one more week, that Bradske sure is a SOB.

347772[/snapback]

Im a fan of driving too but I do that on my own time. I dont need to see it on TV when a good show is supposed to be on.

Funny how all people with Mike in their name have sexual dysfunctions. Michael Jackson. George Michael. What's your sexual dysfunction?

:doh:

347765[/snapback]

Does this mean I have to hide my crossdressing? :blink::doh:

Mike