RITZ-Y DIGS for Willis in Miami....

Tom

RITZ-Y DIGS

Former University of Miami star running back Willis McGahee bought a $665,000 condo at The Residences at The Ritz-Carlton in Coconut Grove. Two bedrooms, 14th floor.

McGahee, 23, who blew out his knee during the Hurricanes-Ohio State game in the '03 Fiesta Bowl, now plays for the Buffalo Bills. A Coldwell Banker deal -- Judy Prado Lombard for McGahee, and Polly Schiff and Kim Gomberg for seller Deborah Kaufman.

RITZ-Y DIGS

That is a conservative price for waterfront in Fl now. My friend bought a waterfront condo about 10 years ago for under 100,000. The one next to his,& identical to his just sold for $670,000.

347130[/snapback]

Yep, the $665K Wiillis paid was for the lowest-priced unit at the Ritz. Most of the listings were for $800k to $1.3 million.

I'm surprised there are no pictures of the condo itself. This would be a business for a young photographer with a wideangle lens--you see plenty of real estate websites with too-few pictures.

McGahee lives in the Sawgrass Condos.

There's 10 or so Bills that live within walking distance of my house.  Most in either apartments or condos.

Takeo and EM have some BIG houses.  Next time we drive by I should take a snapshot to show you guys.

347470[/snapback]

Go for it! I'd love to see 'em.

CW

I'm surprised there are no pictures of the condo itself. This would be a business for a young photographer with a wideangle lens--you see plenty of real estate websites with too-few pictures.

347523[/snapback]

Hey, it's sort of like the old saying: "If you gotta ask the price..." It's a place that doesn't need much advertising, apparently!

http://www.miamilifestyle.com/listings/Fea...do.ASP?FAID=558

Here's the penthouse...Not too shabby for $3 million!

http://www.rexhamilton.com/ritzcarlton.htm

McGahee lives in the Sawgrass Condos.

There's 10 or so Bills that live within walking distance of my house.  Most in either apartments or condos.

Takeo and EM have some BIG houses.  Next time we drive by I should take a snapshot to show you guys.

347470[/snapback]

I'm coming to YOUR house !! :doh: Wanna go for a walk ?

A bunch of the Bills live there?!?  Seems a little low rent.  I guess I always picture big houses like on MTV Cribs...

348059[/snapback]

It's the spot where most of the younger or newer guys live. I know the following players have lived, or do live there:

Willis McGahee

Coy Wire

Kevin Thomas

Ahmad Brooks

Josh Reed

Takeo (until he moved to the big house a few minutes away)