Matt Araiza

SCBills

Not that I care about the KC punter that much but his net average on punts in the opener was 33 yards not exactly lighting the world on fire. The eye test revealed that he's obviously got a strong leg but he's not great at placing punts which is going to limit his net. There's a reason why despite the strong leg and big highlights he wasn't the top punter taken in his own draft class. Now don't get me wrong I loved when the Bills drafted Ariza, they needed a punter and here's this guy with one of the biggest legs out there who they got via a 6th round pick. But he's still both just a punter and a prospect/player with significant flaws.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Didn’t see much of game but looked like araiza punted well.  Still not sure why we didn’t sign him back after he was cleared. Ughh 

With all the family talk that surrounds the Bills i was surprised that they immediately cut him with little to no chance of him being able to give his side of the story or to prove his innocence .

I think in some respects he probably went with the Chiefs just to piss off the Bills for not in some kind of way sticking up for him or believing in him .

It's now all water under the bridge i just hope he isn't a ingredient in a loss for the Bills that would keep them from beating the Chiefs in the play offs, now that would really suck !! 

11 minutes ago, T master said:

With all the family talk that surrounds the Bills i was surprised that they immediately cut him with little to no chance of him being able to give his side of the story or to prove his innocence .

I think in some respects he probably went with the Chiefs just to piss off the Bills for not in some kind of way sticking up for him or believing in him .

It's now all water under the bridge i just hope he isn't a ingredient in a loss for the Bills that would keep them from beating the Chiefs in the play offs, now that would really suck !! 

Hard to prove he was instrumental for them.  I thought his last punt against the Ravens was good but they marched down and if not for poor clock management, Jackson missing a WR in the endzone and Likely not knowing where to put his feet, they would have tied the game.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gjv said:

Bills did not handle the Araiza situation very well. Actually, I got the opinion they thougt he was guilty.

The Bills were under a lot of pressure to release him with the information that emerged from the investigation.   You have to understand that the Bills operate in a very small market that is a lot more conservative compared to rest of the country.  In many of Bills fans, Araiza was already guilty and the Bills couldn't simply ignore it.  Buffalo is not Boston or NYC.