Matt Araiza

SCBills

6 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Funny, I posted last night in the GDT should we have a Punt God thread for this game too. 

I called it, just a little late. 

Bills got bullied as the  posters  @Fleezoid& @GolfandBills said by the guilty until proven innocent media, social and otherwise.

Too bad.

The Mafia was already crazy about him in the draft, let alone the 80 yard screaming punt he kicked. It's possible he could have sold more punter jerseys than Brian Moorman if he had the chance here. We'll never know. Really wish he didn't go to the Chiefs, but...

This is revisionist history.  Bills were Super Bowl FAVORITES heading into that season.  Bills’ options were to cut him or roster him.  There was ZERO chance the Bills were going to endure daily distractions by rostering a player alleged to have raped a minor.  ZERO.  Fair? No, not fair at all but that was the reality at the time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

He punted one into the end zone that he shouldn't have.

Ya and the first one looked like the guy was close to blocking it.

i didn’t think he was bad or good he only had 2-3 attempts and was near mid field I think on both 

He’s got the leg to flip the field but he doesn’t have the finesse to accurately drop it into a tight window and avoid touchbacks. Maybe that will come with time, but he’s still got work ahead of him on that.

I don’t think he wanted to come back to Buffalo either after the whole mess. Especially if he had other options, which clearly he did.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Which is perpetuated by social media. It creates a mob mentality with its virtual torches and pitchforks. That would have played out differently without that crap. 

I hope that's being said with the understanding that is happening everywhere, across spectrums, and while the individual canceling is super lame, there are people getting whipped into a frenzy where it's entire groups of people that are marked as others and the thing that whips them into a frenzy and the groups it's focused on just continuously changes and grows. 

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Didn’t see much of game but looked like araiza punted well.  Still not sure why we didn’t sign him back after he was cleared. Ughh 

Why would he want to sign back with the team that cut him for likely from his perception, no good reason?

And not implying Bills didn't have a good reason, but player didn't agree with it.

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Why would he want to sign back with the team that cut him for likely from his perception, no good reason?

And not implying Bills didn't have a good reason, but player didn't agree with it.

You also gotta think he heard a lot of stuff from fans too...prob just wants a fresh start

I actually disagree that he punted well. He still has an incredible leg of course but he twice failed to put the ball inside the 10 yard line, booming one about 5 yards too deep and the other with no backspin that a Chiefs player almost saved. 

He’s the same punter he was in college. He’ll wow you with his big leg but his placement was always his Achilles and appears to still be 

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Araiza, Edmunds, and Ertz in one thread. 

My head is exploding. 

I need another drink. 

Good thing Simon made a separate Diggs Drama thread! Otherwise it could have been a 4 horse Quinella Box! 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I bet this is what Diggs was pissed about all along.

3 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Good thing Simon made a separate Diggs Drama thread! Otherwise it could have been a 4 horse Quinella Box! 😀

1 minute ago, rusty shackleford said:

I bet this is what Diggs was pissed about all along.

The 4 horsemen lives!