Matt Araiza

SCBills

At the end of the CHiefs game, I believe Araiza outkicked the coverage and gave up a big run back that resulted in a game losing FG as time expired.  The Araiza situation was pretty unique.  To now propose that Worthy is going to be equal to Hill is kind of just making stuff up, alarmist/panicky sounding.   The Bills did not give up on Worthy, you have no clue who the Bills would have drafted there.  Why dont we give the BIlls crap for not drafting Sky Moore or other guys who did not work out for the CHiefs.  This topic is very middle school dramaish.

• Like (+1) 1

Just another horrible mistake by this "Organization". 

Based on the information they had at the time (AND THE LEAGUE) they should have stood by him. 

Once he was exonerated, they should have run, not walked, to him and try to sign him. But Noooo... We don't want a certain segment of our fanbase to
get upset by signing an alleged or wrongly accused player.

I wonder if the Pegula gals had a say in this ? I bet they did.

It's the culture we sadly now live in and I F'ing HATE IT!

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Literally in this day and age there was no way to handle this other than releasing him.  That was the perfect storm of a year with all that went on.

The Bills handed the Von-Miller-beating-his-baby-mama news quite differently.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

The whole episode absolutely sucked but letting the mob make the decision in the media rather than seeing it play through was very much a cowardly move, or at least a cynically calculated move that ended up backfiring on us.

He was accused of gang raping a minor. Don’t think the Bills were ‘cowardly’. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

At the end of the CHiefs game, I believe Araiza outkicked the coverage and gave up a big run back that resulted in a game losing FG as time expired.  The Araiza situation was pretty unique.  To now propose that Worthy is going to be equal to Hill is kind of just making stuff up, alarmist/panicky sounding.   The Bills did not give up on Worthy, you have no clue who the Bills would have drafted there.  Why dont we give the BIlls crap for not drafting Sky Moore or other guys who did not work out for the CHiefs.  This topic is very middle school dramaish.

Which is why he was the 3rd punter taken that draft.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You can set your watch to the outraged morons showing up for this thread.  

There is plenty of merit in this post if care to acknowledge it or not. Keep living in denial Coach 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

So far this preseason:

MA - 10 punts - 46yd avg - 6 inside 20

SM - 11 punts - 49.4yd avg - 2 inside 20

If you’re going to whine, do research first.

/End Thread. 

I understand respect their decision to cut Araiza.

But I don’t see why you wrote /thread. 60% of punts inside the 20 is crazy good. That is significantly better than 3 yards of extra punt length.

30 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

At the time, the investigation was pending I thought and the Bills kinda had to move on.  It was more an issue of bad timing with Araiza.

They said once he was absolved or any wrong doing. If he was cleared of everything there’s not an investigation pending anymore.

He sat as a FA for a while after he was cleared. Bills had/have a need for a better punter and sat on their hands. 

18 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

If you were the guy would you have signed back with the Bills?  Might not have been our decision...

This is a good point. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

He was accused of gang raping a minor. Don’t think the Bills were ‘cowardly’. 

Right, he was accused of something terrible.  Is that the standard we use now here?  It would seem that the accusations against Von Miller were pretty bad too! 

In fact Betty Parris, Abigail Williams, Ann Putnam, and Elizabeth Hubbard made some dramatic accusations one time and 19 people ended up swinging on the end of a rope for it, but i guess we should just believe any accusation that's made lest we offend someone with our ridiculous notions of justice and due process!

• Like (+1) 1