Matt Araiza

SCBills

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s arguably the greatest punting talent in history. I was pumped when the Bills took him. He is going to be a star. I don’t begrudge the Bills for releasing him with the information that they had.

He was the 3rd punter drafted in his class.  Was that the greatest punting class of All Time?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not even as awesome as Nate Peterman!

I am familiar with the offseason championship--is there a Pre Season HOF?

Araiza is already in Canton because he kicked a ball really far against the UDFA Pro Bowl Unit. 

Bills will rue the day they decided to not invite him back!!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

In a preseason game against the Colts, Araiza kicked from around the Bills 10-yard line, and the ball made it inside the end zone. (I was there) Araiza had won the kicking job with that single punt, and then, the worst happened.

(Officially an 82 yard punt, with a net of 62 yards)

Some people live in Denial, there was plenty of evidence 

Just now, Gugny said:

Araiza is already in Canton because he kicked a ball really far against the UDFA Pro Bowl Unit. 

Bills will rue the day they decided to not invite him back!!

And the Chiefs have multiple Superbowls and the Bills dont.  Put that in Canton

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

wow--after 1 season as a college Punter, he's "arguably" the best Punting talent.....ever?  lol

this puts a bow on the irrational fixation that too many here have for a Punter prospect.  

will he have to stay 500 feet away from the schools in KC?

Yes, I said what I said. FWIW, that’s not a crazy take. He literally broke records supporting that take. 

25 minutes ago, Success said:

I mean, what are you basing that on?

He's a boomer, for sure. How are his directional punts?  How is he when it comes to pinning teams inside the 20?

19 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He was the 3rd punter drafted in his class.  Was that the greatest punting class of All Time?

He only had 84 punts in college. In one season, 18 of those punts went 60 plus (NCAA record), 39 of them went 50 plus (NCAA record), 6 of them went 70 plus (NCAA record). His 51.19 yards per punt is the all-time record. He won the Ray Guy award.

Maybe others knew of the off the field issues or they just over thought it? Either way, he is arguably the most talented punting prospect ever. That’s not hyperbole. His resume was short. His performance was unmatched.

23 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

I guess we’ll see what happens. A lot of Bills fans will be watching him this year, including me. 

will they really lol

😂😂😂What a massive ***** waste of time pining after another team's punter

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Who said they shouldnt

You said "it's a waste of time pining after another team's punter."

When you make a negative value judgement about an activity it implies that the individual shouldn't be doing it.

Just now, Sierra Foothills said:

You said "it's a waste of time pining after another team's punter."

When you make a negative value judgement about an activity it implies that the individual shouldn't be doing it.

😂😂'negative value judgement' 

Knock yourselves out 

On 6/15/2024 at 12:26 PM, GolfandBills said:

Too bad the Bills went into guilty until proven innocent mode which seems to be the new cool thing to do 

Honestly I don't think it was the bills. The fans were screaming for his head. This is the unfortunate part of cancel culture. What in wish is there was a way for the bills to have owned the rights to his contract while the whole thing played out 

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

Good for him. A bunch of people on this board should be embarrassed at their own rush to judgement.

I wish the people who have made Araiza out to be some kind of folk hero were capable of embarrassment.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/15/2024 at 9:03 AM, Sierra Foothills said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/matt-araiza-appears-to-win-chiefs-punting-job

"Matt Araiza, the strong-legged punter whose career was derailed by a sexual assault accusation, appears poised to win the Chiefs’ punting job for the 2024 season.

The Chiefs cut punter Ryan Rehkow, which leaves Araiza as the only punter on their roster. It’s still possible that the Chiefs could bring in another punter to compete with Araiza, but it looks like Araiza is going to be the Chiefs’ punter when the regular season starts.

Araiza won the Bills’ punting job as a rookie in 2022, but when news surfaced that he had been accused in a lawsuit of gang rape while he was in college, the Bills cut him and he was out of the NFL for more than a year. Araiza was never criminally charged, and the accuser later dropped her lawsuit.

At San Diego State, Araiza was widely regarded as the best punter in college football, winning the Ray Guy Award and setting a new NCAA record by averaging 51.2 yards per punt. Araiza also handled kickoffs and field goals in college.

With the off-field issue that ended his tenure in Buffalo behind him, Araiza now has an opportunity to show what he can do in the NFL. If he’s as good as he was in college, he should be one of the best punters in football this season."

Funny how many Bills fans who are "mad" about this were actually the first to condemn him in the court of public opinion even though all the early info all suggested he may actually be not involved or guilty...still screamed for his head...through the Bills regime under the bus...and now many of those same posters are all mad he is on the Chiefs and not on our team.  

Internet always keeps those receipts 😉

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny how many Bills fans who are "mad" about this were actually the first to condemn him in the court of public opinion even though all the early info all suggested he may actually be not involved or guilty...still screamed for his head...through the Bills regime under the bus...and now many of those same posters are all mad he is on the Chiefs and not on our team.  

Internet always keeps those receipts 😉

On the flip side there are those who are sticking to their guns because first impressions are hard to shake.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Wouldn’t call in pining. Just outside interest. 

You’re wasting your time.  You should be littering every thread with McD sucks posts. Obv