Matt Araiza

SCBills

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Not to nitpick - an adult having sex with a 17 year old woman is illegal in CA (although he had defenses available to him.)

Not a nitpick at all, since even in Gomorrah California that's a crime unto itself.  Like i told my son when he started college 2 years ago, when in doubt card her.  Perhaps to protect everyone we need to enter into binding & notarized contract with RealID verification before physical contact is made

6 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Not to nitpick - an adult having sex with a 17 year old woman is illegal in CA (although he had defenses available to him.)

There are several factors that aid in the defense against that charge in CA and yeah, Araiza had them at his disposal. DAs only bring cases that can reasonably succeed and I believe that’s why the DA didn’t bring the criminal charge, ultimately. Araiza and the others had good reason to believe the woman was 18 or older. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

There are several factors that aid in the defense against that charge in CA and yeah, Araiza had them at his disposal. DAs only bring cases that can reasonably succeed and I believe that’s why the DA didn’t bring the criminal charge, ultimately. Araiza and the others had good reason to believe the woman was 18 or older. 

Agreed - of course the DA looked into all possible charges including the statutory rape charge. They knew they had no shot of conviction on that either.

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Agreed - of course the DA looked into all possible charges including the statutory rape charge. They knew they had no shot of conviction on that either.

"Show me the man, I'll show you the crime"

Lavrentiy Beria was unavailable for comment

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

Plus, KC is obviously more interested in SB rings than they are virtue signaling or they'd have gotten rid of Butker when the usual suspects had a moral panic about him earlier this year

Just to be clear, we're equating accusations of rape with religious opinions given at a private ceremony?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Just to be clear, we're equating accusations of rape with religious opinions given at a private ceremony?

Well, one was an entirely false accusation, the other was recorded comments that the principal 'admits' to making.  Guess which one was acted upon?

I say that having no issue with Butker expressing his beliefs, public, private, or otherwise.  The point here is that there was plenty of bad press for the Chiefs and the NFL over Butker's comments.  In fact i had a friend express outrage about them even though she has never watched a NFL game.  The Chiefs did the right thing by ignoring the perpetually offended, a group with little overlap of ticket buying NFL fans.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Guess which one was acted upon?

The one that involved a rape accusation.

7 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

The point here is that there was plenty of bad press for the Chiefs and the NFL over Butker's comments.  In fact i had a friend express outrage about them even though she has never watched a NFL game.  The Chiefs did the right thing by ignoring the perpetually offended, a group with little overlap of ticket buying NFL fans.

Right, so this is a good example of what people are trying to tell you which is that the Bills didn't cave to "bad press." The least important player on the team was accused of rape. They made a business decision, the same one that everyone else would have made. Is it your opinion that we would have cut Butker if he was our FG kicker? We kept Beasley around after his private opinions actively hurt the team, so I'm sorry but you are just wrong about this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

The one that involved a rape accusation.

Right, so this is a good example of what people are trying to tell you which is that the Bills didn't cave to "bad press." The least important player on the team was accused of rape. They made a business decision, the same one that everyone else would have made. Is it your opinion that we would have cut Butker if he was our FG kicker? We kept Beasley around after his private opinions actively hurt the team, so I'm sorry but you are just wrong about this.

I think the record shows that KC is more focused on player performance than off field antics, at least in relative proportion to the Bills.   We can argue all day about the fundamental morality of that but the Bills have a long history of getting smoked by teams like KC now and Dallas back in the day that didn't cut players that did questionable things.  Exhibit 1: Hill, Tyreek

4 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Correct take. By taking the "believe all women" stance, the Bills showed their lack of spine.

Good for araiza giving the franchise the middle finger.

getting fired is a real “middle finger” alright-take THAT Buffalo Bills!

but really,  the bizarre Araiza t”The  Punter fetish a not small corner of TBD  can’t seem to get themselves out of is pretty sad to see after all this time 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Goodness, all the fear and narratives off of a Worthy TD in preseason. 

I get it... KC is our new giant to slay now that the Goliath in NE that stood in our way for so long is no more.

How many actually watched the play? Worthy lines up in the slot and perhaps Detroit was not expecting that or simply did not adjust, the slot defender was 10 yards off him and the safety that could have provided any help over top was flat-footed staring at nothing on the weak side of the KC formation. Blown coverage is a common thing in preseason and I cannot imagine any team playing him that way in the regular season.

In fact, in a Detroit review of their DB play they said what folks have been saying about playing Worthy, ...Vildor was just as good, and he did a lot of that against the Chiefs version of Jameson Williams, first-round rookie Xavier Worthy. No. 29 was in perfect hip-to-hip stride with the speedy Worthy on a few routes, one of them forcing a throwaway by Carson Wentz. While he tends to be a little grabby, on this day Vildor did a good job of realizing that Worthy doesn’t handle contact well at all and a simple nudge would send him off track.

Taron would have jammed him into next week and off his route and one would hope if we had one safety back there, he would not have taken himself so far out of position that he could provide zero deep help over top.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, AZSanta said:

Watching Matt Araiza boom 70 yd punts on a consistent basis, while hollow leg Martin "Mr Shank" himself is still allowed to punt for this team is beyond frustrating. We now have to watch Mahommes win multiple Super Bowls and eliminate us from the playoffs every year. If Xavier Worthy is the next Tyreek Hill we seriously have to question if this team, this city has a voodoo curse on it. Why the hell did Beane not sign Araiza after he was absolved of any wrong doing? You waste a draft pick on the guy and he is available to you and you ignore the chance to sign him. I bet any money Coach MCD had a say in it because of his Christian background and the "Culture" he wants to preserve. If players can help you win games you have to have them on the team. Field position is a huge factor in the game and Araiza is a weapon to have on the team. I love Josh Allen and I am not saying this to be negative towards him but why do we have to help  KC look so good every year. Bill's Mafia we are living in a nightmare.

Did you ever think that may just maybe Araiza didn't want to come back to Buffalo. 

Apparently you know that wasn't the case.

The constant crying over Araiza is one of the strangest things I've witnessed here. You people sound like the same weirdos that defend Trevor Bauer. 

People act like the Bills would have won a Super Bowl if he didn't get cut. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Omg! I thought the days of people caring about a punter disappeared with Moorman. Those were some of the worst days as a Bills fan. Imagine crying about a punier when you have Josh Allen. 

also news flash, no team is going to keep a punter who is getting investigated for raping an underage girl. Now if Josh was in the same situation (he is a saint and would never be), guess who still has a roster spot??? Welcome to the world of double standards. 

Crying about punters is what teams with crappy qbs do. Not ones with Josh Allen. Turn the page. 

Weren't you one of the "he definitely did it" guys?

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Weren't you one of the "he definitely did it" guys?

How the hell would  I know if he did? I wasn’t in the room. I did know that the best case scenario was he had sex with a 17 year old. And I 100% didn’t want the distract of a punter with rape charge hanging on his head. As would anyone with a brain and the rest of the nfl would think. 

now that everything that has come out, he’s getting his chance. Good for him, hope he makes the most of it. But the Bills made the right move (again no one else signed him either) and I didn’t think about the punter once that season and I still don’t. 

7 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

At the time, the investigation was pending I thought and the Bills kinda had to move on.  It was more an issue of bad timing with Araiza.

Thats sad world we live in now where it’s guilty until proven innocent anymore.