Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

My brother works for the county highway dept. and they have told them that the county will take the old stadium debris and the slate and dirt taken out at the new stadium site and  fill  in  the current stadium  site. They plan on alternating a layer of debris/slate with a layer of dirt, compacting each layer as it is laid down. The current stadium site will be parkling.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Wacka said:

My brother works for the county highway dept. and they have told them that the county will take the old stadium debris and the slate and dirt taken out at the new stadium site and  fill  in  the current stadium  site. They plan on alternating a layer of debris/slate with a layer of dirt, compacting each layer as it is laid down. The current stadium site will be parkling.

Maybe I am misreading…the county highway dept will be doing the demolition of the old stadium, and then doing the fill work to make the former stadium site parking lot ready?

16 minutes ago, Wacka said:

After they auction off the piss troughs

• Haha (+1) 2

Contractors will  be doing the brunt of the work. But there are so many truckloads of dirt and slate that have to be moved,  that the county will  have some highway trucks involved. He will be retired by then-he's got two years left on the job.

He plowed during that Bills-Indy  game where we got 8 " during the game.   Thank him and his co-workers for getting Abbott Road cleared.  They have been sent to the stadium several times with the sewer vac truck to clean out the sewers after they were clogged with debris from steam cleaning the garbage totes  from the parking lots on a Monday after the game.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Well there you have it. Likely the place for the next 4 story hotel. Something like a Hilton Garden Inn or Marriot Bonvoy. Or maybe they put that right at the 50 yard line of the Ralph after it’s demolished. Either way. Things are in place for there to be some growth. Will it amount to much? Who knows. 

When they put the steel up for that 4th floor, there will be bells ringing across WNY. 

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Hell,

we built an island here with debris and dirt and rock in the 60’s.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Maybe I am misreading…the county highway dept will be doing the demolition of the old stadium, and then doing the fill work to make the former stadium site parking lot ready?

Wonder how much asbestos is in the Ralph. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Two questions about the standing areas that are part of the new stadium.  Are there multiple standing areas split in different parts of the stadium?  Is the standing area(s) one flat area where people in front see the field and everyone else watches on the scoreboard, or is it a tiered/sloped area?

I’ll get back to ya once they build it

53 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Two questions about the standing areas that are part of the new stadium.  Are there multiple standing areas split in different parts of the stadium?  Is the standing area(s) one flat area where people in front see the field and everyone else watches on the scoreboard, or is it a tiered/sloped area?

Philly has a couple standing areas, not sloped, so yes, unless you're on the railing, you're trying to see over people.  

52 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I thought it might have been previously mentioned, or seen in the stadium models. 

I don’t know that they have provided enough info to answer those questions, but I’m wondering the same thing, especially what the estimated ticket cost might be. I wouldn’t mind trying that out once it’s up and running. 

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I specifically asked about that in my experience. They had absolutely zero answers for me on it. They said behind the one end zone there would be a standing area but didn’t specify if it would be a separate area as far as tickets is concerned, or an area for actual seat holders to congregate at a bar area. 

really kind of BS imo. I specifically remember them saying there would be standing only area as well in all the announcements. It sounded as if they had no idea if they were going through with it, or to what capacity. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The yellow areas in the pic below are my guess as to what seem to be the standing room and party deck areas.

IMG_9618.jpeg

There was this report from a couple years ago alluding to buying tickets for these spaces: 

What's also interesting about the report from Jason Wolf, in regards to the potential new stadium in Orchard Park, is the fact the new stadium could have room for 5,000 more people with a standing-room-only party deck.

If you're unfamiliar with a party deck, the most famous usage of them have been at AT&T Stadium, where the Dallas Cowboys play.

They're situated in the end zones and are first-come, first-serve for the front of the party deck, with pretty amazing vantage points.

Would you buy a ticket for a party deck at a Bills game, even if they're standing-room-only?
https://wyrk.com/buffalo-bills-party-deck/

Since Legends is running the show, I’m linking the SRO page from ATT stadium:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/tickets/standing-room-only-tickets-faq

This Reddit thread is insightful and humorous at the same time:

Edited by Jukester

1 hour ago, Jukester said:

The yellow areas in the pic below are my guess as to what seem to be the standing room and party deck areas.

IMG_9618.jpeg

There was this report from a couple years ago alluding to buying tickets for these spaces: 

What's also interesting about the report from Jason Wolf, in regards to the potential new stadium in Orchard Park, is the fact the new stadium could have room for 5,000 more people with a standing-room-only party deck.

If you're unfamiliar with a party deck, the most famous usage of them have been at AT&T Stadium, where the Dallas Cowboys play.

They're situated in the end zones and are first-come, first-serve for the front of the party deck, with pretty amazing vantage points.

Would you buy a ticket for a party deck at a Bills game, even if they're standing-room-only?
https://wyrk.com/buffalo-bills-party-deck/

Since Legends is running the show, I’m linking the SRO page from ATT stadium:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/tickets/standing-room-only-tickets-faq

This Reddit thread is insightful and humorous at the same time:

This is what it's like getting into the Cowboys stadium if you have a standing room only ticket...

52 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

This is what it's like getting into the Cowboys stadium if you have a standing room only ticket...

Yeah just cazy...I'm sure this will go well at New Highmark....especially after 3 hours of tailgating.  Not sure the powers that be really thought this through.  

From what I've heard, one end zone us definitely going to have SRO, and they are hoping there is a spot at the other end zone as well.  Further, and I thought this was interesting when I heard it, the Bills consider the concourses as SRO and are hoping to have a total of 10,000 potential SRO tickets when all is said and done.  

1 hour ago, haroldwaide said:

From what I've heard, one end zone us definitely going to have SRO, and they are hoping there is a spot at the other end zone as well.  Further, and I thought this was interesting when I heard it, the Bills consider the concourses as SRO and are hoping to have a total of 10,000 potential SRO tickets when all is said and done.  

lol wut