Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

On 9/28/2024 at 4:10 PM, Virgil said:

image.thumb.png.71133f73cebb4c0ae7eb471fd186a914.png

This is the model for the visitor size.  The last row of the bottom bowl doesn't show as any cover above it, except for maybe the canopy, but even then, barely.

Also, in some of the sections, the top 4 rows are replaced with ADA seating, so those definitely won't be covered.

Now, why the canopy doesn't cover as far out on the home vs away side, I have no idea

VisitorsSide(4).thumb.jpg.0bee1e5eba7304b76736752ac792e85d.jpg

Here's the rendering of the visitor side, that also shows the lower bowl won't be covered.

That's really weird - do you know if the home side of the model was actually different?  Seems really odd to not make both sides the same - maybe the model guy let his kid finish gluing it together and the kid screwed up

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

That's really weird - do you know if the home side of the model was actually different?  Seems really odd to not make both sides the same - maybe the model guy let his kid finish gluing it together and the kid screwed up

No idea.  We are going to the in person experience in a few weeks and I plan on really digging into it 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

We will see. Only time will tell.  Bit of a reach by WGRZ to say something similar to Patriot Place will be built just because zoning has been changed. 

Unless that was the reason for the change in the zoning laws. 

18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

We will see. Only time will tell.  Bit of a reach by WGRZ to say something similar to Patriot Place will be built just because zoning has been changed. 

I don’t know if anyone is expecting Patriot Place. I know I’ve brought it up previously. But I feel that multiple restaurants, shops, bars, and a hotel or 2 is not only possible but likely. I’ve never been to Patriot Place and I’m not sure I expect it to be a bustling shopping center. Most likely a place that is only very busy on game days. But the likelihood it is a little busier during the season while people are traveling from out of town to the games, as well as a few nights a week with restaurants and some dinner bar plans. Again, I’ve never been to PP, and have no idea what to expect. But I 100% believe it will be more than some crumby bars like Kettles, Prohibition, and Big Tree. 

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Unless that was the reason for the change in the zoning laws. 

They for sure didn’t go through the hassle of changing the zoning laws to not take advantage of it. 100% somethings coming. To what extent we will find out soon. I’d expect things to be popping up probably right before or right after the stadium is complete in 2026. Maybe some plans leading up to that. Maybe a potential hotel bid and plan in place before that. When Pegula Bought the Sabres he didn’t waste time in downtown Buffalo to start building things up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t know if anyone is expecting Patriot Place. I know I’ve brought it up previously. But I feel that multiple restaurants, shops, bars, and a hotel or 2 is not only possible but likely. I’ve never been to Patriot Place and I’m not sure I expect it to be a bustling shopping center. Most likely a place that is only very busy on game days. But the likelihood it is a little busier during the season while people are traveling from out of town to the games, as well as a few nights a week with restaurants and some dinner bar plans. Again, I’ve never been to PP, and have no idea what to expect. But I 100% believe it will be more than some crumby bars like Kettles, Prohibition, and Big Tree. 

They for sure didn’t go through the hassle of changing the zoning laws to not take advantage of it. 100% somethings coming. To what extent we will find out soon. I’d expect things to be popping up probably right before or right after the stadium is complete in 2026. Maybe some plans leading up to that. Maybe a potential hotel bid and plan in place before that. When Pegula Bought the Sabres he didn’t waste time in downtown Buffalo to start building things up. 

2 hotels?  who would stay in them the rest of the year?  same with multiple more bars, etc.  Outside of game day, OP is really not a destination. 

• Like (+1) 1

I guess I could see in conjunction with the Pegula’s, put up a hotel on ECC South property, which would be used primarily by opposing teams on game weekends.  Also, move training camp back to OP, and fill it for a month with 100 man training camp roster.  

Even then, they still have a problem with vacancy the other 300 or so days of the year. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I don’t know if anyone is expecting Patriot Place. 

I was just commenting on the clown from WGRZ who made the comparison between Patriot Place and what might end up adjacent to the stadium. 

40 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

2 hotels?  who would stay in them the rest of the year?  same with multiple more bars, etc.  Outside of game day, OP is really not a destination. 

Ever been to Foxborough? Not a destination either, not at all 😁

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I guess I could see in conjunction with the Pegula’s, put up a hotel on ECC South property, which would be used primarily by opposing teams on game weekends…

Managing fire alarm pulls in that hotel would be a full-time job late Sat evening/very early Sun morning.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

They for sure didn’t go through the hassle of changing the zoning laws to not take advantage of it. 100% somethings coming. 

Nah, they were just bored and thought: “Hey guys, let’s fug around and change the zoning laws to 4 stories around the stadium.”

… and then another board member said “We have absolutely nothing planned to go there, but that sounds like a great idea Frank!”

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Nah, they were just bored and thought: “Hey guys, let’s fug around and change the zoning laws to 4 stories around the stadium.”

… and then another board member said “We have absolutely nothing planned to go there, but that sounds like a great idea Frank!”

They still need developers($$$) to invest regardless of hotel/restaurant/entertainment.  To start with, they have to purchase the land and go from there. In case you didn’t notice, all the nearby property owners are looking to strike gold in a sale.

You really think these town council hacks are that smart, and know ahead of time what is coming?  It is not like it was a huge investment of time by the town to rezone some parcels. 

Edited by LabattBlue