Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

PTR it's a football stadium. . .  

It's literally built to watch football in 10 days a year... 

Patriot place is literally an hour away from foxboro.. 

Orchard Park is 20 minutes away from Buffalo... There are hundreds of shops and restaurants and places to go within 20 minutes of orchard Park 

It's funny how it's the non-locals who want to change everything for the locals... It doesn't work like that man 

Buffalo does not want to be like everybody else and that does not make buffalo less than anything dude 

Western New York is full of small towns that like to keep it small town feel.. that's part of the charm of the Buffalo Bills is that it's in a small town that could turn into a small City 10 days a year 

Orchard Park is so conservative it voted no to marijuana shops.. when there are a hundred in cheektowaga 

Orchard Park does not want to commercialize

Patriot Place is in Foxboro. It's 45 minutes from Boston, which is what I think you meant. The whole point of having a hotel and a couple restaurants at the stadium is so you can use them AT THE GAME, so I don't have to drive elsewhere!!! How is this not obvious?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Uh, yeah. God forbid people have a nice experience at a Bills game. 

Go to Indy or Nashville next time they play there.  I hear it’s a great experience. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Patriot Place is in Foxboro. It's 45 minutes from Boston, which is what I think you meant. The whole point of having a hotel and a couple restaurants at the stadium is so you can use them AT THE GAME, so I don't have to drive elsewhere!!! How is this not obvious?

Rent an RV and park at Hammers. 🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Go to Indy or Nashville next time they play there.  I hear it’s a great experience. 

Rent an RV and park at Hammers. 🤣🤣

It's 2024...at least it is in other NFL cities.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Well yeah I edited that 

I meant Boston is an hour away from foxboro 

And just like the one bar next to the stadium that has people spilling out of it they can hardly get into.. building three or four new restaurants around the stadium... Wouldn't change anything 

200 people out of 80,000 would get served... Which is still basically like nobody except a few lucky people 

You're not eating a lunch at a sit-down restaurant at 11:30 and making a 1:00 Bills game... Especially with all the game day traffic... Breakfast could work... But you can get breakfast a lot of places

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Well yeah I edited that 

I meant Boston is an hour away from foxboro 

And just like the one bar next to the stadium that has people spilling out of it they can hardly get into.. building three or four new restaurants around the stadium... Wouldn't change anything 

200 people out of 80,000 would get served... Which is still basically like nobody except a few lucky people 

You're not eating a lunch at a sit-down restaurant at 11:30 and making a 1:00 Bills game... Especially with all the game day traffic... Breakfast could work... But you can get breakfast a lot of places

And yet somehow they manage in Foxboro. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

The fact is the only reason Buffalo got a new stadium at all is the income tax from the players and the sales tax from the games made it a reasonable expenditure.  They didn’t have to buy up a lot of downtown/waterfront real estate, and greatly modify the infrastructure that would have been a lot more costly downtown. If downtown Buffalo was already a hub for entertainment activity, putting the stadium there would have made more sense. 

I wonder how often all the people clamoring for a downtown stadium actually go down there now. I bet it’s a very small number. Ten single day events a year is just not worth the cost of putting it there. If there was an economic incentive to do it, you better believe it would be there. 

My point was, IF it were downtown you might be able to build something around it. Obviously that would have been much more complicated and expensive, but I love seeing games in cities like that. Not for the Bills, and that’s OK. 

You can’t build much of anything in the desert around the OP stadium. No offense (seriously), but it’s not because it would upset a bunch of locals. You can’t do it because it doesn’t make economic sense. 

Just now, Augie said:

My point was, IF it were downtown you might be able to build something around it. Obviously that would have been much more complicated and expensive, but I love seeing games in cities like that. Not for the Bills, and that’s OK. 

You can’t build much of anything in the desert around the OP stadium. No offense (seriously), but it’s not because it would upset a bunch of locals. You can’t do it because it doesn’t make economic sense. 

You can't build a nice hotel by the stadium? Really?

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And yet somehow they manage in Foxboro. :rolleyes:

Around foxboro there's not a lot of restaurants .. Patriot place has dozens of them for that reason

Within 10-12 minutes of orchard Park there are literally 75 restaurants.. that's the difference PTR 

You can get whatever food you can get at Patriot place within 15 minutes of Ralph Wilson stadium... That's not outside of anybody's way especially if you're willing to travel to a Bills game

Edited by Buffalo716

8 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I’ve been to games in Nashville 4-5 times, and it is a tremendous arrangement. Hard to believe they are replacing that stadium with a dome, but they are Nashville and it will be in high demand. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You can't build a nice hotel by the stadium? Really?

Sorry, I honestly don’t think so. I wouldn’t stay there for any reason other than going to a game. It’s not a one night thing, but a few nights at most. I stay downtown or on Main St in Williamsville so I can walk around and not drive anywhere, especially after drinks. 

In my banking/lending days we always liked the longest lease terms possible, like 20+ years with Publix. First Union would make fun of hotel deals, where the lease on the room starts over every day. They can be shaky investments if you are in the wrong location. Why rent a room 20 minutes from stuff when you can rent in the middle of what you want to visit? 

If I did stay at a hotel by the stadium, I would spend only the night(s) necessary and spend the rest of my nights where I want to be. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Around foxboro there's not a lot of restaurants .. Patriot place has dozens of them for that reason

Within 10-12 minutes of orchard Park there are literally 75 restaurants.. that's the difference PTR 

You can get whatever food you can get at Patriot place within 15 minutes of Ralph Wilson stadium... That's not outside of anybody's way especially if you're willing to travel to a Bills game

This is not true. There's just as much stuff in Foxboro, if not more,, than in OP.

And again, if I'm at the stadium, why do I have to drive somewhere? Why can't  it just be there? How am I supposed to find parking, which I'm paying $40-50 for, when I drive off somewhere and try to come back?  This may come as a shock, but not everyone wants to tailgate for 9 hours before a game.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is not true. There's just as much stuff in Foxboro, if not more,, than in OP.

And again, if I'm at the stadium, why do I have to drive somewhere? Why can't  it just be there? How am I supposed to find parking, which I'm paying $40-50 for, when I drive off somewhere and try to come back?  This may come as a shock, but not everyone wants to tailgate for 9 hours before a game.

Foxboro to Boston their major city is 1 hour 

You can get from downtown Buffalo to orchard Park in 20 minutes... You could reach the best restaurants in Buffalo in 20 minutes from orchard Park 

You cannot do that from Boston to foxboro.. you also get access to cheektowaga Lancaster West Seneca etc 

There are vastly more restaurant options within 20 minutes of Ralph Wilson stadium

The Buffalo Bills play 1:00 p.m. games majority... You're not getting a good sit-down dinner anyways 

You're going to be eating at 10:11/12 which is breakfast lunch hours 

Nobody is spending millions and millions and millions of dollars for a lunch diner that only gets slammed 10 times a year 

But you can go 10 minutes away and get your Greek ,Italian ,German, Pizza whatever you want

What kind of dining do you even want that 10:00 anyways? There's plenty of breakfast options within 10-15 minutes of the stadium

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Tens of thousands of people make it work. There’s just not enough people like you to drive the economic engine to give you what you want ten days a year, if you even come that many times. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Foxboro to Boston their major city is 1 hour 

You can get from downtown Buffalo to orchard Park in 20 minutes... You could reach the best restaurants in Buffalo in 20 minutes from orchard Park 

You cannot do that from Boston to foxboro.. you also get access to cheektowaga Lancaster West Seneca etc 

There are vastly more restaurant options within 20 minutes of Ralph Wilson stadium

The Buffalo Bills play 1:00 p.m. games majority... You're not getting a good sit-down dinner anyways 

You're going to be eating at 10:11/12 which is breakfast lunch hours 

Nobody is spending millions and millions and millions of dollars for a lunch diner that only gets slammed 10 times a year 

But you can go 10 minutes away and get your Greek Italian German Pizza whatever you want

God forbid anything changes in WNY.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

God forbid some dude in Vermont doesn’t get what he wants, when he wants it. There’s always Patriot Place which you seem to like. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Downtown Buffalo has been changing for the last 20 years .. neighborhoods are being gentrified

North Buffalo is full of million dollar homes 

I went to Kansas City.. and it was a dump compared to Buffalo.. Kansas City smelled bad Buffalo smells like Cheerios.. Buffalo has better architecture and history and downtown Buffalo is cleaner than downtown Kansas City 

Buffalo is turning around at its own pace with what it wants to do

Edited by Buffalo716

38 minutes ago, Augie said:

Someone finally said it.

This is the real reason. It has nothing to do with locals. I’d venture to wager that there are very few people in Orchard Park saying, “boy I hope we don’t have more things to do and places to eat. ugh, hate fun!”

Its the market.

They decided to keep the stadium in a spot that, while desirable for some things (tailgating), are super undesirable for others.

Edited by Einstein
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Someone finally said it.

This is the real reason. It has nothing to do with locals. I’d venture to wager that there are very few people in Orchard Park saying, “boy I hope we don’t have more things to do and places to hear. ugh, hate fun!”

Its the market.

They decided to keep the stadium in a spot that, while desirable for some things (tailgating), are super undesirable for others.

Orchard Park is literally not far from any type of fun.. it ain't hard to find things to do around orchard Park West Seneca lol

Typically people move to orchard Park because they like the spaces out feel... There's more nightlife in cheektowaga... But they moved to orchard Park because it's not cheektowaga 

Obviously money is the biggest thing.. nobody's going to spend millions of dollars on investments that get used 15 times a year

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Obviously money is the biggest thing.. nobody's going to spend millions of dollars on investments that get used 15 times a year

It’s the only thing. 

People move to OP knowing that the Bills play there. Knowing that a new stadium (and all that comes with it) is coming. Knowing the traffic involved.

Its just the money.

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Someone finally said it.

This is the real reason. It has nothing to do with locals. I’d venture to wager that there are very few people in Orchard Park saying, “boy I hope we don’t have more things to do and places to eat. ugh, hate fun!”

Its the market.

Can you imagine the PSL cost of they put that thing downtown? 

There are already people bemoaning the fact they can’t afford to keep Grandpa’s 1960s season tickets. A downtown stadium would price out even more of the existing season ticket base. 

• Haha (+1) 1