Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

11 minutes ago, QCity said:

Lack of brick-and-mortar retail interest isn't isolated to the McKinley Mall area, it's been happening everywhere in the country. Football stadiums don't bring large economic gains - they bring parking lots.

Yeah I’m not about to start arguing this with people again. It was an absolutely stupid decision to do what they did. And like it or not, the “patriot place” plan is going to happen near the stadium. They can and will argue about it all they want in the town halls, but it’s going to happen. You can bet on that. 

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

And like it or not, the “patriot place” plan is going to happen near the stadium. They can and will argue about it all they want in the town halls, but it’s going to happen. 

Patriot Place is not going to happen. That's over 50 stores/restaurants that takes up 1.3 million sq/ft lol 

Even if they razed ECC South they wouldn't have the room. It hasn't happened there in over 50 years because there just isn't the demand (you even mentioned the lack of demand i.e. McKinley Mall shuttering 2 posts ago). Simply moving the stadium across the street isn't going to create that demand, either.

Here's a realistic scenario: One or two new restaurants or bars (probably a brewery since everyone is doing that), some type of sporting goods store, and a new 2 story hotel of the 3-star variety. 

Edited by QCity

8 minutes ago, QCity said:

Patriot Place is not going to happen. That's over 50 stores/restaurants that takes up 1.3 million sq/ft lol 

Even if they razed ECC South they wouldn't have the room. It hasn't happened there in over 50 years because there just isn't the demand (you even mentioned the lack of demand i.e. McKinley Mall shuttering 2 posts ago). Simply moving the stadium across the street isn't going to create that demand, either.

Here's a realistic scenario: One or two new restaurants or bars (probably a brewery since everyone is doing that), some type of sporting goods store, and a new 2 story hotel of the 3-star variety. 

Enough is going to happen that makes the resident upset about it. My argument was if they built the damn thing downtown they wouldn’t have to worry about upsetting residents. 

I’ve never been to patriot place. And o don’t doubt what you say about it is true. But there definitely is some things coming to OP. And it’s going to be absolutely useless and pointless about 255 days a year. 

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

Enough is going to happen that makes the resident upset about it. My argument was if they built the damn thing downtown they wouldn’t have to worry about upsetting residents. 

I’ve never been to patriot place. And o don’t doubt what you say about it is true. But there definitely is some things coming to OP. And it’s going to be absolutely useless and pointless about 255 days a year. 

Maybe they will open a new Dollar General