Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

2 hours ago, mrags said:

The mud lot was sold over a year ago for millions. And the only reason why talks stalled were because Ron Raccuia was let go and he was the one that was negotiating with everyone. After he left a new contact had to be re-acclimated with all the sellers. 

you can keep saying it isn’t going to happen all you want. But the fact is the Bills ARE in talks with multiple property owners to purchase their land and have already in some cases. 

I don't have any insider info but I knew it was only a matter of time before this would happen.  Tailgating is going to look significantly different at the new stadium and I still think there's a lot of fans who can't see it coming yet.  People are going to be forking over a lot of $$$ for a much more watered down gameday experience IMO. 

3 hours ago, mrags said:

The mud lot was sold over a year ago for millions. And the only reason why talks stalled were because Ron Raccuia was let go and he was the one that was negotiating with everyone. After he left a new contact had to be re-acclimated with all the sellers. 

you can keep saying it isn’t going to happen all you want. But the fact is the Bills ARE in talks with multiple property owners to purchase their land and have already in some cases. 

But the mud lot was adjacent to the stadium and was necessary either for parking for Bills gameday workers or was part of the parcel they used to add a practice field.  Is yellow brick road necessary?  Doubtful.  What about the place on Abbott that's been listed at $0.5m and that has sat for awhile? (Not sure it's still there, haven't checked recently.) Or the places across from what will be the new stadium?  Or the corner lot on 20A and Abbott?  I just don't see it, particularly with Raccuia having been exiled for quite awhile now.  I'm not saying it won't happen.  I'm saying that I'd sweat them if I had money and time (as the Bills do), and I just don't see "private development" being the panacea that some think it to be around the stadium.  These lots may sell, but I would be very surprised if they go anywhere near asking. 

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I don't have any insider info but I knew it was only a matter of time before this would happen.  Tailgating is going to look significantly different at the new stadium and I still think there's a lot of fans who can't see it coming yet.  People are going to be forking over a lot of $$$ for a much more watered down gameday experience IMO. 

This is 100% correct. If people don’t think the lots within a pretty close proximity of the new stadium aren’t in the Bills crosshairs they are fooling themselves. It’s a no brainer to for them to make more money off the whole situation. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

But the mud lot was adjacent to the stadium and was necessary either for parking for Bills gameday workers or was part of the parcel they used to add a practice field.  Is yellow brick road necessary?  Doubtful.  What about the place on Abbott that's been listed at $0.5m and that has sat for awhile? (Not sure it's still there, haven't checked recently.) Or the places across from what will be the new stadium?  Or the corner lot on 20A and Abbott?  I just don't see it, particularly with Raccuia having been exiled for quite awhile now.  I'm not saying it won't happen.  I'm saying that I'd sweat them if I had money and time (as the Bills do), and I just don't see "private development" being the panacea that some think it to be around the stadium.  These lots may sell, but I would be very surprised if they go anywhere near asking. 

K

On 5/4/2023 at 12:27 PM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

@JÂy RÛßeÒ There were some 1st renderings of the Bills new stadium clubs and lounges in Buffalo News today. All of the images are subscription. Would you be able to post these to your thread please? The board would appreciate it. 

3 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

@JÂy RÛßeÒ There were some 1st renderings of the Bills new stadium clubs and lounges in Buffalo News today. All of the images are subscription. Would you be able to post these to your thread please? The board would appreciate it. 

Bills stadium: See new renderings of club lounges; read why the team is pleased with premium sales

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

But I read here that nobody is buying tickets! 🙄

No one said that.

What was said is that ticket sales are not going as well as the Bills had hoped. And that is correct.

The last time we heard from the Bills, they claimed that 75% of STH’s were renewing their tickets for the new stadium. 

Now the Bills are saying that number is down to 60%. The new stadium will be 17% smaller, and they have sold 40% less tickets. There are dozens of posts on the Season Ticket group of people taking about their reps begging them to come back to another appointment to purchase a cheaper ticket. They are trying to drive their numbers higher because they are behind.

Truth be told, it’s likely closer to 55%, as the original number was inflated by corporate sponsors purchasing blocks of seats.

Summary: Of course tickets are selling. But they are not selling as well as they had hoped.

PS, I think Pete is doing a good job. He came in and immediately saw the poor handling in the roll-out of the stadium and took steps to fix that. He began utilizing local media to give tours of the stadium building process which builds hype and awareness. He is now releasing more rendering photos via, again, the Bills media partners. This is what Raccuia and Roth really struggled with.

35 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No one said that.

What was said is that ticket sales are not going as well as the Bills had hoped. And that is correct.

The last time we heard from the Bills, they claimed that 75% of STH’s were renewing their tickets for the new stadium. 

Now the Bills are saying that number is down to 60%. The new stadium will be 17% smaller, and they have sold 40% less tickets. There are dozens of posts on the Season Ticket group of people taking about their reps begging them to come back to another appointment to purchase a cheaper ticket. They are trying to drive their numbers higher because they are behind.

Truth be told, it’s likely closer to 55%, as the original number was inflated by corporate sponsors purchasing blocks of seats.

Summary: Of course tickets are selling. But they are not selling as well as they had hoped.

PS, I think Pete is doing a good job. He came in and immediately saw the poor handling in the roll-out of the stadium and took steps to fix that. He began utilizing local media to give tours of the stadium building process which builds hype and awareness. He is now releasing more rendering photos via, again, the Bills media partners. This is what Raccuia and Roth really struggled with.

They are still taking too long.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I wonder how long these escalators will work in the snow and -0 temps

66be0e89db235.image.jpg?resize=990,557

Looks to be enclosed. Anyway, a few hundred pounds of salt will keep em clear. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

But I read here that nobody is buying tickets! 🙄

Statistics are deceiving and Legends is based on deception.

They are signing them very slowly and cherry picking to try to keep renewal percentage high to try to increase demand - same reason for reducing size of stadium.

53 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Statistics are deceiving and Legends is based on deception.

They are signing them very slowly and cherry picking to try to keep renewal percentage high to try to increase demand - same reason for reducing size of stadium.

Reducing the size of the stadium has less to do with increasing demand for tickets as it does increasing the number of premium seating options. This has been a trend in new stadium design. While the number of seats is reduced, the size of the stadium is actually increased to accommodate the premium seating and amenities. 

• Thank you (+1) 1