Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

7 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Let's also remember that access to Buffalo's waterfront is a complete PIA and there are some factors that are not fixable.  I'll ignore that being there in December - February is often exceedingly unpleasant and even being 5 miles inland is much better.

it is quite the rat’s nest by Canalside / Erie Basin Marina

9 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

What the Bills could have had if they were smart. 

Pittsburgh in general makes me jealous.

All those buildings and commerce is what drives it.  Waterfront development/parks is not.  Out of the rust belt, Pittsburgh carved itself as a top Medical and Tech hub.  The locations of the stadiums were not what drives anything.  They are in a cool location though, especially the ballpark with the bridge and the skyline.

Buffalo has to figure out how to get a lot of 9-5 activity downtown.  Large companies.  People living and working.  Abandoned buildings gone, developers who cant get new buildings up fast enough for people to work and live and shop in.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Buffalo has to figure out how to get a lot of 9-5 activity downtown.  Large companies.  People living and working.  Abandoned buildings gone, developers who cant get new buildings up fast enough for people to work and live and shop in.  

Syracuse has had a lot of new apartment buildings going up downtown, but not businesses.  Not sure, other that SU students, that are renting these places.  

8 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

I think they’re just taking advantage of the mild weather.  Winter is coming…

Yes, that might be it.  Last I heard, they were actually ahead of schedule.  If they can get ahead now, they can mitigate any sort of future delays if/when things get windy, snowy, and icy.  Once they get that thing enclosed (which is coming this fall I believe), its mostly interior work and they are home-free.  

33 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Back to stadium construction…

I wonder if they are behind schedule?  The last couple of Sundays when there was no game, there has been a pretty sizable crew working.  

Coming from a friend of mine, he knows someone involved. Says they were very behind schedule. Like months behind. 

personally I don’t believe that. It seems like they are getting a ton done quickly. Every time I see the site it looks more and more like a stadium. 

but I’ll say this, they were probably hoping to be done with a lot of the outdoor stuff so they could be working inside this winter while the weather is not the greatest. Maybe that’s why there’s sizable crews working even on Sundays during the game. 

Well, well, well…..

“This is an opportunity for innovation and a chance to do something really great for the Western New York community. It’s an opportunity that doesn’t come around even every decade,” said Hamburg Councilwoman Beth Farrell Lorentz, who's been heading the effort by the town to move this forward.

“We all think that the stadium's surrounding area should be an economic driver and really can be something that enhances the entire experience of being at a game," she added.”

“Local developers say the ECC campus is prime for redevelopment into a “town center,” which combines housing with shopping and recreational attractions that could make the stadium and surrounding area more of a year-round experience.

It could also open the door to creating a Bills-themed tourist attraction like Titletown, which was built next to Lambeau Field in Green Bay, or a tailgate village. Green Bay, the only market smaller than Buffalo in the NFL, is an example of what could be done around a stadium, where developers stepped up, in coordination with the Packers, to build mixed-use projects around Lambeau Field.”

Buffalo News article today:

https://archive.ph/poi64

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Coming from a friend of mine, he knows someone involved. Says they were very behind schedule. Like months behind. 

personally I don’t believe that. It seems like they are getting a ton done quickly. Every time I see the site it looks more and more like a stadium. 

but I’ll say this, they were probably hoping to be done with a lot of the outdoor stuff so they could be working inside this winter while the weather is not the greatest. Maybe that’s why there’s sizable crews working even on Sundays during the game. 

I don’t think anything is going to be finished before winter to the point where there is inside work going on.  Next winter…sure. 

14 minutes ago, mrags said:

Have a friend who works there. Said stadium construction is a s**t show, they are behind. Had to redo part of foundation in corner of end zone  area. State guidelines also causing issues.

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I don’t think anything is going to be finished before winter to the point where there is inside work going on.  Next winter…sure. 

I’m sure there is some things that can be done under cover while the weather turns. What that would be I have no idea. Maybe @SoCal Deek is the better person to ask. Anyway, that was just my assumption. 

point is, my buddy said he heard from someone in the know that they were months behind. As I said, I personally didn’t believe it. But he swears by it. 

1 minute ago, noacls said:

Have a friend who works there. Said stadium construction is a s**t show, they are behind. Had to redo part of foundation in corner of end zone  area. State guidelines also causing issues.

I think this might be what my friend was referring to. Or something about parts/pieces of foundation or something that is built offsite and shipped in and they were not correct. Again, idk. I’m not swearing by it, just giving the scoop on what I heard. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m sure there is some things that can be done under cover while the weather turns. What that would be I have no idea. Maybe @SoCal Deek is the better person to ask. Anyway, that was just my assumption. 

point is, my buddy said he heard from someone in the know that they were months behind. As I said, I personally didn’t believe it. But he swears by it. 

I think this might be what my friend was referring to. Or something about parts/pieces of foundation or something that is built offsite and shipped in and they were not correct. Again, idk. I’m not swearing by it, just giving the scoop on what I heard. 

I also heard rumors that several of the precast concrete sections were damaged as they tried to move them from flatbed trailer to stadium location 

10 minutes ago, noacls said:

wow that sucks.  I would have thought they’re ahead of schedule with how much progress has been made on the structure itself, but I am faaarrrrr from a construction expert, lol

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I also heard rumors that several of the precast concrete sections were damaged as they tried to move them from flatbed trailer to stadium location 

Again. Maybe that’s what he was talking about. Like I said I’m not sure. And I didn’t take it as gospel. But now I’m hearing similar things from 3 people (including you and @noacls). So either it is true. Or just some rumor going around. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

it is quite the rat’s nest by Canalside / Erie Basin Marina

Yup, and the lake is always going to be in the way, and the Buffalo River is always going to be in the way and need a certain type of bridge to cross it, and the grid is interrupted by the General Mills plant that isn't going to move, etc, etc, etc.

Assuming the Bills want to have some time for trial runs prior to 1st preseason game in August, that gives them roughly about 21 months to completion. I would not be surprised one bit if 2026 preseason games are at the current stadium, and a contingency plan for the start of the 2026 regular season to also be played at the current stadium.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I have a friend who is part of the construction crew. There are a few things behind but not much.  Those behind were more supply chain delays.

54 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

I have a friend who is part of the construction crew. There are a few things behind but not much.  Those behind were more supply chain delays.

I think both can be true on a project this large. Some aspects could be way behind and some not so much. 

I think you’d have to have input from top level project management to know whether the entire timeline is off by a lot or a little.