Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Just now, K-9 said:

Reducing the size of the stadium has less to do with increasing demand for tickets as it does increasing the number of premium seating options. This has been a trend in new stadium design. While the number of seats is reduced, the size of the stadium is actually increased to accommodate the premium seating and amenities. 

Not sure what you mean by the ‘size of the stadium’….but I’m guessing you’re referring to the square footage of the enclosed, non-seating areas. If so, yes, the trend is for much larger concourses, more plentiful restrooms, along with large open bar and restaurant seating areas. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Not sure what you mean by the ‘size of the stadium’….but I’m guessing you’re referring to the square footage of the enclosed, non-seating areas. If so, yes, the trend is for much larger concourses, more plentiful restrooms, along with large open bar and restaurant seating areas. 

Square footage is exactly what I’m talking about. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

No one said that.

What was said is that ticket sales are not going as well as the Bills had hoped. And that is correct.

The last time we heard from the Bills, they claimed that 75% of STH’s were renewing their tickets for the new stadium. 

Now the Bills are saying that number is down to 60%. The new stadium will be 17% smaller, and they have sold 40% less tickets. There are dozens of posts on the Season Ticket group of people taking about their reps begging them to come back to another appointment to purchase a cheaper ticket. They are trying to drive their numbers higher because they are behind.

Truth be told, it’s likely closer to 55%, as the original number was inflated by corporate sponsors purchasing blocks of seats.

Summary: Of course tickets are selling. But they are not selling as well as they had hoped.

PS, I think Pete is doing a good job. He came in and immediately saw the poor handling in the roll-out of the stadium and took steps to fix that. He began utilizing local media to give tours of the stadium building process which builds hype and awareness. He is now releasing more rendering photos via, again, the Bills media partners. This is what Raccuia and Roth really struggled with.

Read the thread title! 👎🏻

1 minute ago, Diggstheprocess said:

Anyone considering  waiting until one year after the new stadium opens to gain some true market info before attempting to buy PSL/Tix?  Could either be on secondary market…or potentially unsold PSLs directly from the Bills? 

My parents and I each have two seasons tix accounts in the lower bowl with 60+ years seniority. I can still access games if I decide to be patient with my own tix and bail on my account. I feel like being patient for a year may be worth it for someone like myself who absolutely plans on keeping the tix around forever to pass along to my young kids.

Buying at the price set by the bills really doesn’t allow you to get a sense of the true market for PSLs. In my opinion there is ZERO chance they go up in value… and may lose a significant chunk of value after the first year or two. In essence PSLs are a 30 year membership providing access to buy tix… every year that passes, PSL value diminishes.  I sense that some people don’t want to miss out on getting tix for the first year in the new stadium because a good sales pitch made them believe there is going to be scarcity of ticket access. The Bills hold all of the information in this process, and it provides them a significant advantage. The moment PSLs hit the secondary market, or the bills are stuck with unsold PSL’s the dynamic shifts. 

I also think back to when I bought a different set of season tix 3 years ago… club and premium seasons tix were available. That was pre PSL…there’s no way they become completely scarce with the PSL and increased ticket added to the equation. 

This is the construction thread, there is a PSL thread where this belongs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

f9c8e0cd9da6d5761cef4b01c71a242988096919

Those rows look about as narrow as the current stadium. I thought they were going to be wider.

An excellent question. Typical row “depth” in an auditorium, stadium, theater, church will be anywhere between 36” and 42”. It is one of the three variables, along with seat width and row “height”, that contribute to the audience’s comfort level. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vanhalen26 said:

The first row at field level looks pretty high up.

Well… they have to infill with drainage piping & crushed rock layers, irrigation for the grass, soil, topsoil, and then turf it. That’ll probably raise it a couple-few feet.

• Agree 2