Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

On 7/5/2024 at 8:48 AM, JDHillFan said:

Does anyone know what the rectangular building on the south end is? 

I think the smaller structure at the bottom of the video is an electrical outbuilding where transformers and the like would be located.  I am not sure what the larger building at the center of the video is for.  My cousin tells me it is a "technical building"  but basically is just a big pumping station for plumbing in the stadium.  I have my doubts about that just from it's design.  I don't know what else it could be.

4 hours ago, enoff said:

I think the smaller structure at the bottom of the video is an electrical outbuilding where transformers and the like would be located.  I am not sure what the larger building at the center of the video is for.  My cousin tells me it is a "technical building"  but basically is just a big pumping station for plumbing in the stadium.  I have my doubts about that just from it's design.  I don't know what else it could be.

It's the wind confusion room.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, mrags said:

Why stop there when you could put in a runway for private jets too?

You know more than me about this stuff so I’m going to assume you’re correct. But I will state a fact that there was no contractor offices (baring a few storage containers) the last time I drove by. I know they were using those storage containers as offices/work spaces. I was shocked at that point when I didn’t see an office building of some sort for this. Again, I’m not saying youre wrong, but maybe they planned on building it after ground broke and things got rolling? 

There’s definitely a large contractor office complex somewhere out there. It’s generally assembled from a bunch of modular units. A project of this size would have a full time office staff approaching 20 people. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

20 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

I do not see HOW it can look good without all the luxuries some NFL fans require.

They should turn the old stadium into helicopter landing spaces so those with money do not need to deal with the traffic to new stadium.

I hope instead of filling it with dirt and paving it over, they take down the upper decks and keep the lower bowl for high school games and concerts. I don't know if that's practical though.

9 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

It's the wind confusion room.

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

There’s definitely a large contractor office complex somewhere out there. It’s generally assembled from a bunch of modular units. A project of this size would have a full time office staff approaching 20 people. 

I get that. I’m just saying, on site, there wasn’t anything last time I went by there which was early spring. So to your point that they wouldn’t still be working on it, I was wondering if maybe they just had some modular units before, until they built something more permanent. 

like I said, you would know more than me for sure. I was just thinking of different possibilities to what it was. It is almost right at the entrance to the work site off the south end of Abbott. Just made sense to me. But who knows, it’s probably just the building where they are gold plating all the troughs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope instead of filling it with dirt and paving it over, they take down the upper decks and keep the lower bowl for high school games and concerts. I don't know if that's practical though

Haven’t they already said it will be converted into parking?

• Agree 1

On 7/7/2024 at 7:16 PM, WotAGuy said:

Yes, they plan to sell PSLs for those parking spots. 

I've often thought that one thing they could do, is reserved parking with storage.  Each spot would have a small storage unit, say a 5x10, where you could store your tailgating stuff during the season, so no need to pack/unpack/repack/go into the game/unpack/repack/leave.  You could just pull into your reserved spot, open the door and pull out your stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I've often thought that one thing they could do, is reserved parking with storage.  Each spot would have a small storage unit, say a 5x10, where you could store your tailgating stuff during the season, so no need to pack/unpack/repack/go into the game/unpack/repack/leave.  You could just pull into your reserved spot, open the door and pull out your stuff. 

Great idea but I think something similar to what the Ravens have is more likely. They have areas that you can rent for tailgating space. As well as renting equipment. I believe it’s under a 20x20 tent. With turf as the flooring, as well as another space outside the tent I think another 20x20. Not sure how much they cost. But I def saw them there when I was there a few years ago. 

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Great idea but I think something similar to what the Ravens have is more likely. They have areas that you can rent for tailgating space. As well as renting equipment. I believe it’s under a 20x20 tent. With turf as the flooring, as well as another space outside the tent I think another 20x20. Not sure how much they cost. But I def saw them there when I was there a few years ago. 

Didn’t they try that here a few years ago?

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I have no idea. They do have tailgate city or whatever the hell they call it. Which was almost exactly where the new stadium is being built. I’m not sure the specifics of how it was handled or what was offered. I’ve never looked into it. I either tailgate at Hammers or just show up and head right into the games of time is a constraint. 

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

There were a few years where if you came in a bus, you could not tailgate next to it, you had to purchase space in their Tailgate Village.  

• 2 weeks later...

Was by the stadium earlier.  Next level of the stadium is going up.  Along Southwestern by ECC South there are numerous flat bed trailers with pieces of precast concrete waiting to be installed. Would have taken some pics to post, but always a pain to have to downsize them in order to post. 

Edited by LabattBlue

51 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Was by the stadium earlier.  Next level of the stadium is going up.  Along Southwestern by ECC South there are numerous flat bed trailers with pieces of precast concrete waiting to be installed. Would have taken some pics to post, but always a pain to have to downsize them in order to post. 

Thanks for sharing. Any chance you can post a hand drawn sketch of what you saw? 😉

• Haha (+1) 2

On 7/9/2024 at 1:41 PM, mrags said:

I have no idea. They do have tailgate city or whatever the hell they call it. Which was almost exactly where the new stadium is being built. I’m not sure the specifics of how it was handled or what was offered. I’ve never looked into it. I either tailgate at Hammers or just show up and head right into the games of time is a constraint. 

It was horrible.  We tried it one time with a large group we had on a bus.  It was overpriced and more hassle than it was worth.  We did it again this year (which isnt Tailgate Guys or whatever it was called), and it was even worse.  Basically cordoned us off in a mostly empty lot.  We might as well have been tailgating on the moon

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for sharing. Any chance you can post a hand drawn sketch of what you saw? 😉

Hahaha.  If I drive by sometime over the weekend, I will try and take and upload a couple of pics.  Would have been tough today. There was a construction crew in the stadium store parking lot, and then someone was cutting strip of grass on Abbott between the street and construction fences(right where I would stand to take pics). 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

I read that several small businesses and property owners around the new stadium are up for sale.  It makes sense that owners are trying to sell their property and land in prime development areas for possibly hundreds of thousands $.   I wish there was a long term vision for the entire area.  Heck, build a cool indoor/outdoor mall type attraction to get people out there year round.  Maybe have tunnels attached to the stadium for inclement weather..  If that comes to fruition, maybe add a light rail line from the airport to whatever they build.  Can they make it a year round destination area?