Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yup.

Maybe not SB worthy... But why not FinalFour. Olympics trials, etc...

???

The Sabres will host another Winter Classic at the new place. The NHL will want to have a game in the Bills new stadium. Plus, Buffalo is a great hockey market. Hopefully the Sabres will have a good team by then.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

The Sabres will host another Winter Classic at the new place. The NHL will want to have a game in the Bills new stadium. Plus, Buffalo is a great hockey market. Hopefully the Sabres will have a good team by then.

Puke puke. Absolutely nothing more horrible than that stupid game every year. 

• Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Puke puke. Absolutely nothing more horrible than that stupid game every year. 

I am not a fan of the outdoor game either. The game seems slower when it's played outside. IMHO.

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I am not a fan of the outdoor game either. The game seems slower when it's played outside. IMHO.

The ice gets too cold when its outside and it really bogs down the game.  The ice should be right around 60 degrees F for best results.  Its counter intuitive but it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/8/2024 at 1:11 PM, UConn James said:

Video: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C79lolYuOQL/?igsh=aWNrOW44c3lhaHVt

They’re starting some pre-cast concrete installation. About 1,400 pre-cast pieces forming the bowl and to the upper decks that will support the canopy. Awesome! Pre-cast is like big Lego. It should start getting more of a stadium shape.

(I don’t know how to or if Insta can be embedded.)

the new mens rooms should be christened with a solid upper decker (bowl form irrelevant).

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Does anyone know what the rectangular building on the south end is? 

I believe it’s their offices or whatever you call them. Like on smaller sites you would see trailers, they have build a building for their center for operations. I’d imagine it’s coming down once they’re done, or maybe it’ll be renovated into something useful after the project is complete, bathrooms, storage, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

I believe it’s their offices or whatever you call them. Like on smaller sites you would see trailers, they have build a building for their center for operations. I’d imagine it’s coming down once they’re done, or maybe it’ll be renovated into something useful after the project is complete, bathrooms, storage, etc. 

That was my first thought. Seems a little unusual that it would be under construction this far into it and undoubtedly more involved than bringing in modular offices. 

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

That was my first thought. Seems a little unusual that it would be under construction this far into it and undoubtedly more involved than bringing in modular offices. 

They had modular offices when it first began. A few large trucking containers they were using as office work stations. I personally saw them walking in and out of them. I’m haven’t been there since this building has been/is being built however. So I can’t vouch. But from the position of it, I’ve been there enough to know that’s pretty much right at the entrance to the work site, and very near everything was set up previously. 

7 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Does anyone know what the rectangular building on the south end is? 

The larger one is the technology building. That is where the broadcast trailers will park and hook up to all of the cameras and to the broadcast booth.

The smaller one, right next to Hammer's is the electrical building.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mrags said:

Drunk tank lock up during games.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DRutka said:

The larger one is the technology building. That is where the broadcast trailers will park and hook up to all of the cameras and to the broadcast booth.

The smaller one, right next to Hammer's is the electrical building.

I was told it’s where they are fabricating the piss troughs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Very cool! Thanks for posting. 
Something to note from the current progress is that virtually everything you see as ‘white’ floor surface will be indoor  concourse and fan services area. It’s a far cry from the woeful concourse areas at Rich Stadium. It gives you a great idea about just how large the new stadium is, and why it costs so much to build. 

(And regarding the ‘out building’ it’s clearly not the Contractor’s office, or it’d be surrounded by parking and wouldn’t be still under construction.)

It always surprises me how good highmark looks in these videos off in the background

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

It always surprises me how good highmark looks in these videos off in the background

I do not see HOW it can look good without all the luxuries some NFL fans require.

They should turn the old stadium into helicopter landing spaces so those with money do not need to deal with the traffic to new stadium.

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

I do not see HOW it can look good without all the luxuries some NFL fans require.

They should turn the old stadium into helicopter landing spaces so those with money do not need to deal with the traffic to new stadium.

Why stop there when you could put in a runway for private jets too?

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Very cool! Thanks for posting. 
Something to note from the current progress is that virtually everything you see as ‘white’ floor surface will be indoor  concourse and fan services area. It’s a far cry from the woeful concourse areas at Rich Stadium. It gives you a great idea about just how large the new stadium is, and why it costs so much to build. 

(And regarding the ‘out building’ it’s clearly not the Contractor’s office, or it’d be surrounded by parking and wouldn’t be still under construction.)

You know more than me about this stuff so I’m going to assume you’re correct. But I will state a fact that there was no contractor offices (baring a few storage containers) the last time I drove by. I know they were using those storage containers as offices/work spaces. I was shocked at that point when I didn’t see an office building of some sort for this. Again, I’m not saying youre wrong, but maybe they planned on building it after ground broke and things got rolling?